Giant Alias W 2010

See the Best Mountain Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great all round bike.

I have had my Alias for 4 years, and it had its first service 3 months ago,I have used road tyres on this bike for around town rides and changed up to serious dirt tyres for x- country riding.
I would do aprox 300 km per week on my alias and 60% road and 40% serious bush bashing!just needs a degrease and a WD40 on chain,cassette and running gear and it's unbreakable.
Best value for $ .
Unbreakable and versatile.
Nothing.

Good

I found this bike on a website while I was in Washington D.C. Arrived in Australia and purchased it an hour after landing and took it home. The price was a bit more than I wanted to pay (approx $1100) but I am so glad I got it. Now, after 3 years of riding it and doing about 2 kilometers in that time (joking people) I still love it. Just wish I could take it wherever I go on holidays but can't afford the extra luggage costs.
I love the ease of the gears. This bike has great low range for someone like me that is not very fit, when going uphill just put it in low and although it may be slow you will still make it without the embarasment of having to get off and walk. I will finish rating later!
Just don't get any lubricant on the brakes and you should be right. Oh and when you buy it get a more comfortable seat in the deal, the original killed my butt. Anyone want to buy a preloved (or not loved) seat?