Giant Power

Giant Power

See the Best Solar Retailers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Giant Power? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (6)
  • Purchase Price$19,186.17
Jorge
JorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy a GIANT fridge

Do not buy a GIANT fridge
I bought a giant fridge 3 years ago. Today it did not get cold. I contacted Aussie batteries and they told me bad luck. Dont waste your money!

Trusted supplier

Batteries are always reliable have not missed a beat, ever time I have called the customer service is always spot on.

Brian
BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor man pays twice

Don't be a fool like I was, don't be lured by the price. If you want proper batteries you need to pay proper money. If you get more than 18 months out of these 140ah batteries I would be surprised. warranty, non existent." Poor man pays twice." The reason I gave one star is because there is nothing smaller.

MikeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

They Cannot Recover After Deep Discharge!

I wrote this review on 21st Jan 2021

Mike

The maximum operating temperature for Staunchcell gel batteries is 60 degrees C. Their life is rated at 1600 cycles at 50% discharge, ie the battery always remains at least 50 % full. Sold by Solaronline.

Ian
IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Deep Cycle Battery and customer care

Very good service from Aussie Batteries, received the battery within 3 days of order.
The original 130 AH Giant battery started to decrease in efficiency after about 20 months. I had it tested and the efficiency had decreased, sent the results off to Aussie Batteries and they replaced this battery with a new 140 AH battery on their pro rate scheme without any issues. received the replacement battery within a week after submitting the report.

Robert
RobertPeel, WA

Warning do not purchase from this company

I have had the same problem my system was $20000 and my inverter failed and allowed my batteries to over charge and swell wrecking them and the company claims to have superior warranty but does not want anything to do with it I have gone to consumer protection and the company has ignored them as well be advised do not spend money with this company

Fabian F.
Fabian F.

Be warned .... Stay well away!!!!!!!

Nathan Gathercole, the director of this company has set up multiple companies to avoid responsibility for his product and installation. They installed an off grid solar system for us that never met the promised criteria. We took them to NCAT and won $50,000 in compensation, shortly there after Nathan liquidated the company and we were left out of pocket with a dud system that does not meet our needs.
Further Nathan's company did not have a licence to provide the off grid system in NSW.
He is still trading under several companies so beware!

No customer service, bought $40 000 off the grid system, in one year, faults with inverter, no replies from support.

I thought I was going with a solid company, after spending $40G and installing 3 inverters / battery bank, etc; No customer service, I'm having ongoing weekly faults with on of the slave inverters, no replies from support. Reputation is everything! It's been over 2 months I've been waiting for a reply from their customer service.

Other Solar Retailers

Pray you dont need customer service

2 weeks without power, several phone calls from me to them & I still havent received a single phone call from them, let alone any assistance.
Their customer service isnt bad it simply doesnt exist!!!

Giant AGM 140ah battery

Advise for buyers have your battery tested as the ah advertised isnt necessary correct I purchased a 140ah Giant AGM battery but it later turned out too be only 60ah.

Noel C.
Noel C.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great

Delivery of my 140 amp battery was spot on,all hooked up and showing great storridge capacity,only new yet so I will review in six months,but looking good.thanks team for the great advice and service.

Sally Coleborn
Sally ColebornSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Support

After having a brand new camper built to our specifications in November 2015, we thought we would had made a sound investment. Our camper was fitted with a Giant Power IPS800 power unit, which on a recent trip started producing an error code when plugged into 240 supply. After many phone calls to Giant and leaving messages with the promise of a return call that never eventuates , I was told by the receptionist that as the unit was not purchased directly from them they cannot help me and cannot supply me with a copy of the manual. Seriously you are the manufacturer and you don’t support your own product? Will be removing this unit and replacing with a Redarc unit.

Equipment and Service

I have purchased a couple of batteries, Delivery has been fast and service very good. One battery was delivered with a crack in the bottom it was damaged in transit, I contacted Giant and they replaced it, with no problems I have had no further trouble with the batteries. I told one of friends about Giant Batteries and he purchased one last week he was happy with the service.

good battery.

so far so good. fited 130ah battery in caravan on solar and car charge. been in a while now and all good. the charging system seems to be working as it should.

Dodgy equipment poor customer service.

Inverter broken they have taken weeks to give an answer on a replacement.
there warranty is contravene to consumer law and they try to give you the run around.
Terrible products that trip and fail constantly.
advise to shop around and find solar that actually works.
Giant power makes you feel like Australia should go nuclear.