5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Road Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rugged, sturdy, long wearing, absolutely repairable

I bought my Giant bike from a private vendor on eBay in my home city. The vendor had bought it new from a Giant bike shop and always had it serviced there. It had reached 3,500km and the vendor had upgraded to a new Giant bike, and needed to sell the old one. Giant bikes are moderately expensive but sturdily made and utterly repairable. This review is to confirm all of that:
- the bike and I accidentally fell into a saltwater river and fully submerged. My husband dismantled the bike to bare components, rinsed it all thoroughly in clean water and let everything dry. It took 3 weeks but he replaced all oils and lubricants, the wiring, brakes and gears with OEM and Shimano parts.
- it's now done another 3,000+ km and it's still riding like a pedigree bike.
Giant have a long established reputation and my bike is one good example why. My bike is an older model but is still in excellent working order and looks great with its grey and silver colour scheme.

Date PurchasedDec 2007