Giant XTC 29er 2 2011

See the Best Mountain Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A great bike with the usual Giant value components. It's smooth on paths and dirt tracks and quick enough to keep up with a group of serious riders. Not as sharp in the turns as a 26er but much more comfortable.
The only choice of colour is white. It would look great in red, but white is OK.
For the price, the XTC 29er is well equipped with mid to upper level components. Because of the larger diameter wheels, it's a little less quick in the turns, but is very smooth over minor bumps and ruts. As a commuter bike, a road bike would be a better choice, but for a bike that's comfortable and fairly fast on paths and single tracks, it serves the purpose perfectly.
The deraillers work smoothly matched nicely to the click shifters.
It's a nice looking bike too.
It's my second Giant. The first was pinched, but I was happy enough with Giant's product that I bought a second.
Only comes in white. Deserves a racier colour such as red. I really wanted a red bike.

Gian XTC 29er2 - Sweet ride

I was actually looking at a 2012 Talon 0 in the 26 inch.. Had a great salesman.. Had considered a 29er as commute a lot on tracks and road but love the off road experience as well so find a great fit.
The ride is impressive.. Had it a day and have been off road on tracks and some rough terrain and love it. The wheels glide over everything with ease. The track I ride to get where I go off road was quick, smooth gear changes and the feel was awesome.
Why the change of heart from a desired 26 to a 29? Makes sense on the commuting side of things and the look of the big wheels does look impressive. Let me add, i was against buying one of these just days ago.
Sharp looking bike and even sharper deal... which did help sway my decision a little but glad i brought it. I can say I have now being converted and look forward to more off road experiences
look, smoothness, goes over anything, speedy, the lock out is defiitely notaciable when on road
tight turns easier with foot down and slide it, not too much else

This bike has been brilliant!

The XTC 2 29er has been a great bike to start hitting the trails of Alice Springs on. The crew at Bong Bong Cycles made sure the bike and features were a good match. It has also been a nice little commuter. Nice to be experiencing the hype some 29er converts were all telling me about.
Good value, rides well, comfortable, looks good