GIC Camper Trailers

172 questions from our users

Shawnee N.
Shawnee N.asked
Camper Trailers

Anyone know where I can purchase a new canopy/tent to the 2017 model GCI alpha black series?
Our tent is in very poor condition with the windows over the bed falling apart as well as all the straps disintegrating.

Abs and T S.
Abs and T S.asked
Camper Trailers

We recently purchased a new 2019 "demo" Sergeant. We were wondering what size propane bottles fit in the factory racks? The website says an 8.8lb bottle, but we could not find such a thing anywhere online. Is is just a standard 20lb tank? Thank you in advance.

Black S.GIC

In the sergeant you can fit 4.5kg gas bottle holders.
The water tank is 80Litres

bally
ballyasked

Does anybody have a problem with the starter on the 3 burner stove

Rhonda
Rhondaasked
Camper Trailers

What are the fridge dimensions that will fit the Classic Fold camper trailer? Lots here about the Dominator but not much about its smaller version. Keen to know fridge/freezer size.

Terry Paroz
Terry Parozasked
Camper Trailers

Hi Team, purchased a new Patron in February 2020 but due to Covid have not had the chance to use it yet. What is the weight at the tow ball please as will be towing with a Ranger 3.2 litre. Any suggestions on air bags etc?

rodrrae
rodrraeasked
NSW, Sydney

I am purchasing a Black Series Sergeant 2016 model. I have not yet taken delivery and would like to know if there is a common place used for the fridge and if so what are the max dimensions that can fit?

Emma C.
Emma C.asked
Camper Trailers

Hi, we have just picked up a 2014 GIC 18ft camper and just wondering if you have a manual or care instructions you could share with me? We are wanting to re-waterproof it but not sure what is needed?
Thanks!

JJ M.
JJ M.

Hi Emma . I don’t have a manual regarding canvas but I do have some experience I can share . If you’ve never had a canvas camper the first thing to do is season it . Put it up and leave it for a week getting both rain and sun on the canvas . This helps shrink the seams to water proof the canvas . If it’s not raining use a hose to keep wetting and then drying . If you find it leaks or seeps you can buy canvas reproofing Liquid from Bunnings anaconda etc . Pay particular attention to the roof . The water should bead a little if the original proofing is still ok. Also with canvas you have to make sure it’s bone dry before you pack camper away . If you’ve had to pack up wet you need to put it up to dry as soon as you get back from a trip otherwise you will get bad mould

Hope this helps JJ

Hi Emma,

If you like to send an email to phillip.s@blackseries.com.au, I can email across some instructions and a care guide.

Goran
Goranasked

Towing ball weight for Phoenix

Hi Goran

The tow ball weight for the Phoenix is 160kg.

Paul D
Paul Dasked

Hi.
Purchased a black series phoenix second hand.
Was wondering if I could buy set up instructions or (video) as previous owners lost originals.

Hi Paul

Please send me an email to 'phillip.s@Blakseries.com.au'
I can email you details on the Phoenix.

terry s.asked
Camper Trailers

Hi does anyone know what is the part number for the wheel bearings on a 2016 black series alpha thanks

Greg
Greg

Hi Terry
I’ve also just bought a 2016 Black Series Alpha.
John at GIC gave me the following bearing parts list. Here in Perth I got them from Statewide Bearings.
Timkin/NSK
15123R/15245R
25580R/25520R

Great thanks Greg

Sharon H.
Sharon H.asked
Camper Trailers

Wanting to know exact dimensions five the fridge slide, recently purchased a Dominator but can’t pick up until Sept. want to get the biggest fridge possible to fit in it.

Hi Sharon

The fridge slide dimensions on the Dominator are
Height 525mm
Width 610mm
Length 990mm

Mark M.
Mark M.asked
VIC, Melbourne

Hi,
I recently purchased the 2018 Domination - first trip on the weekend, absolutely love it.
When the trailer is hitched to my car which has a 2inch lift, the trailer sits much (much) higher and angles down. The previous owner had an even bigger car than mine so I assume he has set the suspension accordingly.
I cant find any information about to how to adjust the suspension of the trailer to a lower height?
I hope someone can help.
Many thanks,
Mark

Luke C
Luke C

Hi there Mark lovells special products make a levelling hitch and lowering springs for black series campers

chorto
chortoasked
Camper Trailers

What are the dimensions of the HQ15 refrigerator? Or maybe all I need is the Dometic model and I can find all the info I need.

Hi Chorto

The dometic model inside the HQ 15 is CRX 50

Gail S.
Gail S.asked
Camper Trailers

What is the fridge dimensions on the classic fold camper ? Please .

Hi Gail

Markasked
VIC, Melbourne

Hi,
Buying a 2020 Dominator.
I need the exact size of the Fridge openings please so I can purchase the largest fridge that will fit and open correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mark

The fridge slide dimensions are
Height 525mm
Width 610mm
Length 990mm

Phil L.
Phil L.asked
QLD, Brisbane

We just got an old commando soft floor (2016) off a friend who rarely used it. It’s looking almost new. I would like to find an owners manual or similar somewhere. No joy so far online as I guess this trailer is a bit old. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Peter V.asked
Camper Trailers

How can you safely remove the boat rack from the Dominator? I need to remove it once in a while so I can dry out the camper under my pergola. Rack won't open under it.

Bryan

Hi I removed mine by opening it fully this takes the tension off the gas struts, I then with help of 2nd person slackened and removed bolts from rack to the arms that hold the gas strut then removed the arms individually. You could remove it in one piece once in opened position but is quite heavy.

Peter V.

Thanks Bryan. That is the process I was also thinking. Have read some forums on gas struts and they can be quite dangerous if not handled correctly. Thought I'd check how others have done it first. Appreciate the quick response.

Hi Peter,

To safely remove the boat rack you will need the boat rack opened, to take the tension off the gas struts.
Have a second person holding the boat rack (mindful it is heavy) and then remove the 6 bolts .

Emma S.asked
Camper Trailers

Where can you source new brakes inc drums for the black series camper trailers? We have a Dominator and are struggling to find new brakes

Bryan

For some reason I keep getting asked stupid questions by product review who should be directing questions to GIC

Emma S.

Did that come to you? Sorry not too sure why

Hi Emma

You can purchase them from us directly at our Sydney Branch or you can purchase them online at
They are 12'' inch.

Damien D.
Damien D.asked
Camper Trailers

Where can I source a replacement cover for my 2010 GIC "Camper", 12 ft tent?
Cheers

Hi Damie

We sell the 12ft tent covers, original GIC Black Series Tent covers are $650

Shane O.
Shane O.asked
Camper Trailers

Hi , I have a GIC Black Series Dominator and the other day when deploying the foward fold tent the canvas caught on the tightening lug on the internal u shaped support pole as the metal top was lowering.When I saw it I stopped but too late.
The u shaped extending section bent on the left side so I need a replacement. I rang GIC brisbane where I purchased the trailer 12 months ago but no help, they did not seem to understand what I was explaining and said they could not help.
Surely replacements are available. I need someone to show they will honor their promise of after sales support, or is that just a lie , any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks, Shane.

Get an answer from our members and GIC representatives

GIC Camper Trailers