GIC Camper Trailers

GIC Camper Trailers Questions & Answers (page 2)

John M.
John M. · QLD, Brisbane

Hi I have a 2018 Sargent just wondering what wheèl bearing are used

Timken L68149/L68110

Brendan
Brendan · VIC, Melbourne

I have a 2013 GIC forward fold camper

The water tank has a straight level gauge unit mounted in the top.
Where can I get a replacement ?
Cannot find one anywhere.

Richard Beavan

GIC has there own spare parts ring them they can provide there details ring Brisbane office they can help

GIC   DM

Hi Brendan, Please send email to parts@Blackseries.com.au.

Andrea K.
Andrea K. · Camper Trailers

We are looking at the double camper from black series and visited the Brisbane office this morning. Is there anyone who has one that can tell me with all honesty how long it really takes to set up?

Richard Beavan

Hi Andrea no sorry I don’t I used to be able to put mine up in 45 mins just the camper itself no front awning

ashpete02
ashpete02

Not sure about setup time but we warned - when we ordered Sep 2021 we were told we should have it by March 2022, then pushed out to April 2022, we asked today and they say August 2022...
Naturally they likely wouldn't get sales if they were honest with their estimated delivery dates, we really still want our camper but getting close to a year wait is pretty unfair considering initial estimates and no offer of any sort of compensation... We've even gone to the extent of booking a trip to the mainland for Christmas 2022 (we're in TAS) and are concerned.. will they even honour the new estimated date! We've already now lost the first school holidays, and another to come lost it looks like, sort of wishing we went elsewhere, very unhappy kids after showing them our 'purchase' and telling them our plans (yep lesson learnt there)!...
For us the design is perfect so we'll wait it out but - don't order and get your hopes up!
Out of interest I contacted two other camp trailer companies who use components from China and they said 12-14 weeks, which is just as long as a canopy I just had delivered took (from 'Nam)... hmmm...

Tony G
Tony G · Camper Trailers

I am considering classic 12 hybrid van, but there doesn’t seem to be much info on these. Does anyone own one and what are they like?

Mark M.
Mark M. · Camper Trailers

Was wondering if anyone has retrofitted a folding boat rack to a 2014 light off road camper? Or are Blackseries able to supply and fit? Would appreciate any advice or help. TIA

reuben b.
reuben b. · Camper Trailers

please advise what wheels and wheel studs are fitted to a 2016 gic black series dominator

Warren B
Warren B · Camper Trailers

Hi.
Purchased a 2017 black series phoenix second hand.
Was wondering if there were set up instructions for best procedure to set main tent and annexe up. Thanks

Dave
Dave

Try you tube, there are several videos although they are from USA.

Andy B.
Andy B. · Camper Trailers

I have just purchased a 2014 GIC Box blackedition trailer. The shocks need replacing, where can I buy some and what size do I need. ?

Nella H.
Nella H. · Camper Trailers

Hi I have the 2011 outback rover hard floor and need new gas struts for opening need to know asap and should I get new ones or get them regassed? thanks

Shawnee N.
Shawnee N. · Camper Trailers

Anyone know where I can purchase a new canopy/tent to the 2017 model GCI alpha black series?
Our tent is in very poor condition with the windows over the bed falling apart as well as all the straps disintegrating.

Abs and T S.
Abs and T S. · Camper Trailers

We recently purchased a new 2019 "demo" Sergeant. We were wondering what size propane bottles fit in the factory racks? The website says an 8.8lb bottle, but we could not find such a thing anywhere online. Is is just a standard 20lb tank? Thank you in advance.

GIC   DM

In the sergeant you can fit 4.5kg gas bottle holders. The water tank is 80Litres

bally
bally · Camper Trailers

Does anybody have a problem with the starter on the 3 burner stove

Rhonda
Rhonda · Camper Trailers

What are the fridge dimensions that will fit the Classic Fold camper trailer? Lots here about the Dominator but not much about its smaller version. Keen to know fridge/freezer size.

Terry Paroz
Terry Paroz · Camper Trailers

Hi Team, purchased a new Patron in February 2020 but due to Covid have not had the chance to use it yet. What is the weight at the tow ball please as will be towing with a Ranger 3.2 litre. Any suggestions on air bags etc?

rodrrae
rodrrae · NSW, Sydney

I am purchasing a Black Series Sergeant 2016 model. I have not yet taken delivery and would like to know if there is a common place used for the fridge and if so what are the max dimensions that can fit?

Emma C.
Emma C. · Camper Trailers

Hi, we have just picked up a 2014 GIC 18ft camper and just wondering if you have a manual or care instructions you could share with me? We are wanting to re-waterproof it but not sure what is needed?
Thanks!

JJ M.
JJ M.

Hi Emma . I don’t have a manual regarding canvas but I do have some experience I can share . If you’ve never had a canvas camper the first thing to do is season it . Put it up and leave it for a week getting both rain and sun on the canvas . This helps shrink the seams to water proof the canvas . If it’s not raining use a hose to keep wetting and then drying . If you find it leaks or seeps you can buy canvas reproofing Liquid from Bunnings anaconda etc . Pay particular attention to the roof . The water should bead a little if the original proofing is still ok. Also with canvas you have to make sure it’s bone dry before you pack camper away . If you’ve had to pack up wet you need to put it up to dry as soon as you get back from a trip otherwise you will get bad mould

Hope this helps JJ

GIC   DM

Hi Emma, If you like to send an email to phillip.s@blackseries.com.au, I can email across some instructions and a care guide.

Goran
Goran · Camper Trailers

Towing ball weight for Phoenix

GIC   DM

Hi Goran The tow ball weight for the Phoenix is 160kg.

Paul D
Paul D · Camper Trailers

Hi.
Purchased a black series phoenix second hand.
Was wondering if I could buy set up instructions or (video) as previous owners lost originals.

GIC   DM

Hi Paul Please send me an email to 'phillip.s@Blakseries.com.au'
I can email you details on the Phoenix.

terry s. · Camper Trailers

Hi does anyone know what is the part number for the wheel bearings on a 2016 black series alpha thanks

Greg
Greg

Hi Terry
I’ve also just bought a 2016 Black Series Alpha.
John at GIC gave me the following bearing parts list. Here in Perth I got them from Statewide Bearings.
Timkin/NSK
15123R/15245R
25580R/25520R

Great thanks Greg

Sharon H.
Sharon H. · Camper Trailers

Wanting to know exact dimensions five the fridge slide, recently purchased a Dominator but can’t pick up until Sept. want to get the biggest fridge possible to fit in it.

Hi Sharon The fridge slide dimensions on the Dominator are
Height 525mm
Width 610mm
Length 990mm

Get an answer from our members and GIC representatives

Select a listing for your question
GIC Camper Trailers