GIC Camper Trailers

GIC Camper Trailers Questions & Answers (page 3)

Mark M.
Mark M. · VIC, Melbourne

Hi,
I recently purchased the 2018 Domination - first trip on the weekend, absolutely love it.
When the trailer is hitched to my car which has a 2inch lift, the trailer sits much (much) higher and angles down. The previous owner had an even bigger car than mine so I assume he has set the suspension accordingly.
I cant find any information about to how to adjust the suspension of the trailer to a lower height?
I hope someone can help.
Many thanks,
Mark

Luke C
Luke C

Hi there Mark lovells special products make a levelling hitch and lowering springs for black series campers

chorto
chorto · Camper Trailers

What are the dimensions of the HQ15 refrigerator? Or maybe all I need is the Dometic model and I can find all the info I need.

Hi Chorto The dometic model inside the HQ 15 is CRX 50

Gail S.
Gail S. · Camper Trailers

What is the fridge dimensions on the classic fold camper ? Please .

Hi Gail The fridge dimensions are:
Length: 960
Width: 500
Height: 500

Mark
Mark · VIC, Melbourne

Hi,
Buying a 2020 Dominator.
I need the exact size of the Fridge openings please so I can purchase the largest fridge that will fit and open correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mark The fridge slide dimensions are
Height 525mm
Width 610mm
Length 990mm

Phil L.
Phil L. · QLD, Brisbane

We just got an old commando soft floor (2016) off a friend who rarely used it. It’s looking almost new. I would like to find an owners manual or similar somewhere. No joy so far online as I guess this trailer is a bit old. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Peter V. · Camper Trailers

How can you safely remove the boat rack from the Dominator? I need to remove it once in a while so I can dry out the camper under my pergola. Rack won't open under it.

Bryan

Hi I removed mine by opening it fully this takes the tension off the gas struts, I then with help of 2nd person slackened and removed bolts from rack to the arms that hold the gas strut then removed the arms individually. You could remove it in one piece once in opened position but is quite heavy.

Peter V.

Thanks Bryan. That is the process I was also thinking. Have read some forums on gas struts and they can be quite dangerous if not handled correctly. Thought I'd check how others have done it first. Appreciate the quick response.

GIC   DM

Hi Peter, To safely remove the boat rack you will need the boat rack opened, to take the tension off the gas struts.
Have a second person holding the boat rack (mindful it is heavy) and then remove the 6 bolts .

Peter V.

Thanks for the reply. I am looking at rigging something up to support the weight but was more concerned with the safety around the gas struts. This all makes perfect sense. Thanks again

No problem at all!

Emma S. · Camper Trailers

Where can you source new brakes inc drums for the black series camper trailers? We have a Dominator and are struggling to find new brakes

Bryan

For some reason I keep getting asked stupid questions by product review who should be directing questions to GIC

Emma S.

Did that come to you? Sorry not too sure why

GIC   DM

Hi Emma You can purchase them from us directly at our Sydney Branch or you can purchase them online at
external link
They are 12'' inch.

Damien D.
Damien D. · Camper Trailers

Where can I source a replacement cover for my 2010 GIC "Camper", 12 ft tent?
Cheers

GIC   DM

Hi Damie We sell the 12ft tent covers, original GIC Black Series Tent covers are $650

Shane O.
Shane O. · Camper Trailers

Hi , I have a GIC Black Series Dominator and the other day when deploying the foward fold tent the canvas caught on the tightening lug on the internal u shaped support pole as the metal top was lowering.When I saw it I stopped but too late.
The u shaped extending section bent on the left side so I need a replacement. I rang GIC brisbane where I purchased the trailer 12 months ago but no help, they did not seem to understand what I was explaining and said they could not help.
Surely replacements are available. I need someone to show they will honor their promise of after sales support, or is that just a lie , any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks, Shane.

Steve T.
Steve T. · Camper Trailers

Is there a way to extend the reach of the fridge drawer slide on the BLACK series fwd fold/slide patron. 90L Kings fridge just cant open on lid closest to trailer, needs about another 30mm?

GIC   DM

Hi Steve If you take out the runners and drill new holes and bring the runners forward you can bring the reach of the fridge drawer forward.

I hope this helps

Frank B · Camper Trailers

hi guys it would be great if I could get this information today please
Thanks again Frank

Hi Frank The gas strut for the main lid is
14/28-600-200-1800N

Peter G
Peter G · Camper Trailers

I recently bought a 18 foot cig camper trailer with the rooms either side of the trailer.
Can you just set up one room for the night instead of both rooms?

GIC   DM

Hi Peter You will need to set up both rooms.

Frank B · Camper Trailers

Hi I have a 2014 Dominator and need to purchase a new set of gas struts for the boat rack
i cant seem to see any tags on them with the newton strength.
The ones on the camper how wont even life the road rack empty
as well i wont to put a 3.5 mtr tinny on top that weight is roughly 78kgs
will the std struts lift it
any help guys to be decapitated

Regard Frank

GIC   DM

Hi Frank The gas struts we use on our boat racks are 14/28-150-500-1200N.

Kind Regards
The Black Series Team

Frank B

Thank you for the quick response guys
Is there any chance of sending me the same information for the
2 struts that lift the forward fold over
I may replace them as well
thanks again

Hi Frank The gas strut for the main lid is
14/28-600-200-1800N

Our pleasure!

suy
suy · QLD, Brisbane

Hi, I need to purchase a new no 13 pole for our Dominator... where can we do this from? Also I have recently noticed a few very tiny holes in the canvas roof of the trailer, any tips for fixing/mending these?

Thanks Sue

GIC   DM

Hi Sue If you send an email to sales@blackseries.com.au, we can organise the number 13 pole for you.
In regards to the holes in the canvas, your best bet will be to take it to a canvas repairer or an upholstery.

Kind regards
Black Series Team.

Luis Mend
Luis Mend · Camper Trailers

Hi.. I would like to buy a camper trailer but i can't decide which one to buy.. between dominator or Phoenix .. any recommendations..

GIC   DM

Hi Luis It really depends, if you want a rear fold or a forward fold camper. The forward fold Dominator is a lot easier to set up and pack away.

We discontinued the Phoenix from our range. If you have anymore questions feel free to send me an email 'phillip.s@blackseries.com.au

David and Elizabeth
David and Elizabeth

Hi, we bought a Dominator, we set it up in our yard to weather it. Believe us, so Frustrating! the poles to erect the annexe to the trailer, we could have 'torn the Engineer and new one!' Other than this, well, more coming maybe when we actually take it away for a weekend? Liz and Dave Filmer

GIC   DM

Hi David and Elizabeth, If you need any tips on how to set up the annexe on the Dominator please don't hesitate to get in contact with us.
Also please see attached link to setup video
external link

Jason R.
Jason R. · Camper Trailers

How do i change the fuse on the sargent. All of the 12v sockets have stopped working

Deon Lubbe

Mate, suggest you look at this Facebook group "GIC BLACK SERIES OWNERS GROUP TIPS,TRICKS, and SUPPORT". Not sure what the Sergeant electrical look like.

GIC   DM

Hi Jason If you like to give us a call on 1300 CAMPERS or go on Facebook our owners group pages have a lot of hints and tricks.

Rai K.
Rai K. · Camper Trailers

I need to buy poles for our 23 foot GIC 2012 camper trailer. Where could I purchase them from ??? Cheers

GIC   DM

Hi Rai As we have discontinued that tent, your best bet will be BCF or Anaconda.

Michelle C
Michelle C · Camper Trailers

I have a 2017 patron which has sprung a leak and has damaged the 2 strips of flooring. Is it possible to get the same flooring used or do I have to replace the lot?

GIC   DM

Hi Michelle If you like to send me an email with photos of the flooring, I will see what I can source for you.
Email is 'phillip.s@blackseries.com.au'

Jamal A.
Jamal A. · Camper Trailers

Hi there guys

I live in the middle east and I am looking to buy a camper I can take on the beaten track.
I have been looking at the black series HQ15.

one thing is I can't find any reviews about this line of caravans online.
Has anyone owned one or has anyone got any information to pass on?

I spend a lot of my off time by the sea surfing and exploring new spots as we have a massive coast line in Oman.

Deon Lubbe

Best will be to search for and join one the many Black Series Facebook groups (GIC Black Series Campers & Caravans Owners & Enthusiasts Group)

GIC   DM

Hi Jamal As Deon mentioned, Facebook would have your best reviews on our caravan range.

Wooly one · Camper Trailers

Does the boat rack flip over the camper or do you have to manually remove, ta

Graham
Graham

It’s on gas struts and just flips over very easy

GIC   DM

Hey The boat rack on our hard floor campers is on gas structs and it just flips over as Graham mentioned.
If you have one of our soft floor campers you will have to manually remove the boat rack.

Kind Regards
Phillip.S
Black Series Campers

Wooly one

Are you able to put them on your soft floor campers?

GIC   DM

We currently do fit boat racks on our soft floor campers, as we do the boat rack in our options pack.
If you like to send me an email with the year of your camper and vin number I can look into getting one fitted for you. Email address is 'phillip.s@blackseries.com.au'.

Wooly one

Don’t have one yet, just curious, cheers

No problem at all:)

Get an answer from our members and GIC representatives

Select a listing for your question
GIC Camper Trailers