GIC Camper Trailers

GIC Camper Trailers Questions & Answers (page 4)

Gary D.
Gary D. · Camper Trailers

Do you have a guide to lowering a 12 foot camper

Looty · Camper Trailers

Hi, I was wondering what the fridge slide dimensions are.

GIC   DM

Hi Looty Which camper were you inquiring about?

The Patron

S. Carr
S. Carr · Camper Trailers

Hi we have a sergeant 2015. On our travels our wheel bearing dust cap has disappeared. Where can I get a replacement cap from. We don't want to damage any bearings from the weather. Please advise. Thank you.

GIC   DM

Good Morning We can get a couple dust caps organised.
If you send an email to 'sales@blackseries.com.au'

Anne
Anne · Camper Trailers

What size mattress do I get for the 2014 black series off road camper

GIC   DM

Hey Anne Which model camper is it?
If it is one of our soft floor models, a queen size mattress will fit.

Darren · Camper Trailers

Hi have a 2015 black series Dominator
can I purchase bearing sets from Black series campers
or can you advise the bearing part numbers

Hi Darren The brand you can get is Timkin and the part number is
Inner is 25580
Outer is 15123
Inner seal is 225255uc

Darren

Thankyou for your quick response

Luke L.
Luke L. · Camper Trailers

What size tyres can you put on the campers. I want to run the same tyres as my vehicle 305/65 r16

GIC   DM

Hi Luke Which camper do you have?

Glenn C.
Glenn C. · VIC, Melbourne

were do i get spare parts for my off road camper

GIC   DM

Hey Glenn If you send an email to sales@blackseries.com.au, depending on availability of the part we should be able to source it for you.

Lee M.
Lee M. · QLD, Brisbane

We're is the fuse between the fridge and battery. My battery is a full fridge doesn't work. I have a 2016 dominator. Thanks lee

GIC   DM

Hi Lee The fuse for the fridge will be on the electrical board above the fridge switch.

Pete
Pete · Camper Trailers

What size gas bottles fit in the A frame of the black alpha series. Trailers

GIC   DM

Hi Pete The gas bottle holders on the Alpha fit 9kg gas bottles.

The Black Series Team.

gabriella
gabriella · Camper Trailers

Hi, just purchased a 2016 patron, would it be possible to get a pole guide to set it all up, some of the poles are numbered but have no idea where the go. we did manage to put the awning up. thankyou for your time.

GIC   DM

Hi Gabriella If you like to shoot through an email to sales@blackseries.com.au we can send you through a pole diagram.

Steve L
Steve L · Camper Trailers

Hi, we just purchased a sergeant soft floor and had its first run everything thing went well except 12 volt system. We were running a 40 litre engel fridge which was fine until we connected a phone charger or even a led light, it would randomly pop the load button and require us to reset it constantly but would stop if we only left the engel on it. we know its not the fridge as we used to run it on our arkpac without issues, and the fridge will only draw max of 50watts, what is these load buttons rated too?

GIC   DM

Hi Steve The 12v sockets on the sergeant are designed to run small appliances, such as LED lights and charging phones, and not wired to run a 40L fridge.

Darrell Mascord
Darrell Mascord · Camper Trailers

How do you get the gas cooker to light?

GIC   DM

Hi Darrell The igniter switch is not wired up, so you will need to use a click lighter, to ignite the gas cooker, or alternatively it can be wired up.

Ricko
Ricko · Camper Trailers

Hi

Just wondering how the patron tows as it seems

to have a light ball weight and rear water tank

would appreciate any feedback?

Regards Rick

GIC   DM

Hi Rick The Patron tows really well, with a tare weight of 1560kg and a tow ball weight of 135kg, it tows like a dream.

Troy Squires · Camper Trailers

We have just bought a patron and I can't get the igniter on the stove to work. Is there a trick to it or does it need to be wired up? If so how is it done?

GIC   DM

Hi Troy The igniter switch on the stove doesn't come wired up, you can use a click lighter from woolworths to ignite the stove, or alternatively it can be wired up.

Troy Squires

How do you wire it up? Can anyone tell me?

Jamie
Jamie

It's very easy. Find a plug exactly the same as the sink light uses. You can get these from Jaycar or more than likely you'll have a heap in a cupboard somewhere at home (they are the same as old 12v Navman GPS, phones etc used for power from a vehicle's cig socket). Under the stove there is a small terminal block with just a positive and a negative wire in it. This will go back to the igniter switch. Wire your plug into this.

Ben
Ben · Camper Trailers

Is it possible to buy the GIC 18ft premium canvas tent only? No trailor. Just the whole tent set up. New!

GIC   DM

Hi Ben Unfortunately we have discontinued our 18ft tent.

Carlie L · Camper Trailers

Have people been able to fold up the whole annex still attached in a 2018 Black Series Patron?

GIC   DM

Hi Carlie When folding up the Patron camper trailer, you can leave the awning roof attached to the main tent when packing it up.

Carlie L

Thanks Black Series Team. Yes that’s great but our recent experience meant that in high winds it was impossible to do this amongst other issues. We considering selling our camper because it’s not as easy as what we were led to believe in the showroom.

waz
waz · Camper Trailers

Hi All

I just brought my 2018 Alpha and have set it up and hose the crap out of it without a single leak. But having troble packing it away, the last section to fold up the poles stick out about 6-8 inches. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Waz Couple of crucial steps:

Make sure that the pole over the door slides down (14 &15) so the end pole (normally supported by number 6 poles) concertina towards the pole on the other side of the door.

Also, please make sure the extendable legs of the pole next to the door are fully retrieved and out of the pocket, on each side.

If any of this doesn’t help or sounds confusing, please feel free to contact Gary in Sydney (our resident expert) on 1300 226 737 option #1 followed by #1 and he can guide you step by step.

Glenn
Glenn · Camper Trailers

I have a 2014 black series, the gas bottle holders don’t tighten around a 4 kg gas bottle? Any ideas?

GIC   DM

Hi Glenn Which 2014 Black Series camper trailer do you own? The Alpha has 9 kg gas bottle spaces on the drawbar so the 4kg gas bottles will fell loose inside. Also, are the gas bottle holders original? As they were made to be adjusted. The best way for us to assist you would be if you could provide me with a photo through my email aleks.a@blackseries.com.au.

Barney
Barney · Camper Trailers

What is the max size fridge i can fit in the patron? cheers

Troy D
Troy D

Hi Barney

We have the alpha, sorry can’t answer your question!

Give black series a call they are great to answer any questions you have.

Cheers

GIC   DM

Hi Barney The fridge compartment in the Black Series Forward Fold High Side with a slide Patron camper trailer is 530mm H, 610mm W and 900mm L, actually 1000mm long but it only opens 90%.

Any fridge that will fit in that cavity will fit inside the fridge slide.

Jan
Jan · Camper Trailers

I am looking for tips for packing away our 2018 Sergeant Camper trailer, any info gratefully accepted as I cant find anything online?

GIC   DM

Hi Jan The process of set up and packing away has few things that are worth mentioning:

Once all the spreader poles and the pegs are removed the fist section that packs down is the “A” frame over the bed and the rest of the tent concertina on top.

The No6 poles are removed and the top of the door has to slide down as you need to have 4 sections of the roof touching each other with the roof canvas folded in between.

The 12 Foot Deluxe Tent on top of the Black Series Sergeant has been featured in few YouTube videos and the official clip’s link is:

external link

We started sending it to every customer genetically from our system.

The reason I ask you to watch the video is because the packing away is in reverse everything you see.

If you have any further question please feel free to contact me directly on 0411 792 482 and I will run through the process.

Jim A.
Jim A.

How do you get the ignition for the stove to work on a c12 black series caravan

GIC   DM

Hi Jim, If it is a new c12 the ignitor switch is wired up.

The black cable will plug into the side of the caravan.

Get an answer from our members and GIC representatives

Select a listing for your question
GIC Camper Trailers