Gigabyte Aero 15

Gigabyte Aero 15 (page 2 of 4)

A Pretty Good Notebook

I was looking to buy a laptop for uni/gaming. After comparing several model, I ended up deciding on Gigabyte's Aero 15 for its good price to spec ratio. And, I was pretty happy with what I got. Its thin profile is definitely a plus, whilst its thin bezels make for pleasant viewing experience. The ability to change out the ram and storage definitely is a nice touch and leaves options for future.

The only downside for me is the poorer speaker quality.

But, overall it's still a nice laptop that I would recommend.

Nelson R

Nelson RMelbourne

Great for work and play.

Performance and battery are great for me can get my work done bring it back and get straight into games. It looks professional and is super light. I did have issues when starting it up and had to restore it a few times and the support team was quick and helped with the issues straight away. After that it has been running like a dream.

Fantastic expandability

Was looking for a laptop to dual boot windows and ubuntu. Having the spare m.2 slot to chuck an extra terabyte of storage in is fantastic. It allows to large enough os partitions while still giving a plenty of space for my games and coding files. Hopefully this will allow me to have a portable gaming/workstation. The computer also came nearly $800 off with free 27 in monitor during the recent christmas sales, fantastic value for money.

sharan

sharanPerth

Almost Perfect.

Performance, battery back up, and overall it is the best.
    only one downside is the audio output, which is not up to the mark.
    small form factor, thin profile and the build quality is very good.
    thin bezels makes the viewing experience a lot better.
    It's easy to upgrade your ram and storage.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Everything I expected it to be.

I spent months deciding whether or not to buy the Aero 15X. After reading countless comparisons and reviews, I finally decided to buy my first high-end laptop and I was not disappointed. Compared to the Razer Blade 15 which is 400 dollars more expensive, the Aero 15X provides the same quality of gaming experience and even better battery performance. Keyboard does take time to get used to. Would recommend this over the Razer Blade 15 anyday.

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Decent Laptop

Technical specs are very good given the small form factor of the device, though you pay a premium for it. The thin bezel is very nice and the overall build quality seems good, except for the keys. I have been using this laptop for all of an hour and the keys are already starting to fall off. It appears they are only held in place by a tiny triangle of plastic. The fastening of the keys is probably a compromise given the thinness of the device, and they are easy enough to click back on, but it's a bit of a slap in the face given the price tag. Hopefully its just a fault with this device rather than the entire line.

Will B

Will BMelbourne

Good Laptop

I've had the Aero 15X for a few days now, it is the best laptop I've ever owned, though the keyboard does take some time to get used to and the space bar is louder than the other keys. I bought this primarily for gaming and university; I was looking at a multitude of laptops from the Razer Blade 15 to the MSI Stealth thin but I chose the Aero 15X due to the price to spec ratio as GIGAYTE offered much better specs in comparison to other companies. Also the ability to upgrade the RAM and storage may come to use in the future.

Carly

CarlySouthwest, VIC

Giggity Gigabyte!

Purchased in December 2018 at Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Online store for $2,699.00.

Matt K.

Matt K.Perth, WA

Form factor, battery life and moderately high end components meet together at just the right price p

Just so powerful

From the moment I booted this thing up it was the most powerful laptop I had ever touched. Every bit of the computer is perfectly layer out for what I wanted to do the only problem I found is it didn’t come with enough hardrive space but that is an easy fix it comes with a spare space anyway.

Josh

JoshSydney

Best in class - couldn't be more satisfied

Bought this primarily for gaming as my previous desktop computer was getting old and wanted a more mobile setup. Great product! Running new games such as PUBG and Divinity: Original Sin 2 on Ultra settings super smoothly, which was the most important thing for me. Keyboard feels very good to the touch, as does the touch pad - although I do think having the numpad puts me off typing slightly, maybe it's something I'll need to get used to.

Overall, was worth every cent I paid for it and would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a sleek, powerful gaming laptop.

tobes

tobesMelbourne

Excellent Lightweight Powerhouse with forgivable cons.

Lightweight and sleek considering the power this thing is packing. The display is fantastic.
    It took a little bit to get the Aero running nicely, lots of bloatware and poor drivers out of the box.
    Keyboard is sometimes unresponsive and felt slightly squished on first use. After a week I am becoming a lot more comfortable with it.
    Loud fan noise under heavy gaming and runs quite hot, but that's to be excepted with a thin and light.
    Great options for upgrades with an additional M.2 slot
    Great battery life
    Overall very happy with my purchase handling everything I need thus far.

Great travel companion

Purchased one with the mindset of gaming while travelling. Definitely premium price for what you get. Nevertheless; so far, so good! Hope more companies follow suit with the portable gaming machines!

Positives: Screen, size, weight, build quality
    Negatives: 1070 not used on battery, web cam location, gets really hot while gaming!

Powerful with Portability

I edit a lot of videos, and with this sweet machine I am able to work on the go. I love that it has all the ports I need! It has an excellent battery life and you can't beat the performance. It's lightweight yet the body feels sturdy. I also love the sleek design.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Gigabyte Aero 15-X8 - Light and powerful professional laptop

Lightweight, but with very good specifications. Gaming capable, but with professional styling not generally found on laptops with good graphics cards. Good for content creation with high resolution, certified display and full SD slot to import/export media and other files. Good variety of ports, including USB3/3.1/Thunderbolt and two display ports (HDMI/mini-display) and an ethernet port. Quality machined aluminium shell. The 16GB RAM//512 GB SSD model has good upgradability as it uses only one of the two available RAM slots and M.2(PCIe) slots respectively. Good battery life sets it apart from most gaming capable laptops. Overall was the best match for my work and personal needs.

Find out how Gigabyte Aero 15 compares to other Laptops

Great laptop and top of the line.

The laptop has great specs and the price is great too. Definitely worth buying for the games I play. The LED keyboard is awesome too has it has RGB and it looks fantastic. The only bad thing is the light on the lid can't be turned off, but it's minimal compared to the quality.

Slim Power

Style: GTX1060 (6GB) + FHD 144HZ + Win10 PRO O/S
    It was a toss up between this and the Asus Rog Zephyrus. I settled on this in the end, the single 512 SSD, Windows 10 pro and a decent battery life sealed the deal for me. So far I'm really impressed quick boot times and has handled every game thrown at it so far. In the echo of most reviews the camera placement is a bit off, but this really isn't an issue for me the super thin bezel makes the screen look fantastic. Odley enough I received a driver utility disk but the device has no optical drive. Obviously everything is available online anyway so I guess I can use that as a coaster. All in all awesome.

Professional and Slick

ideal laptop - Gigabyte Aero 15X

A perfect laptop for gaming and business user. Aero 15X is definitely much thinner and lighter than others brands' gaming notebooks and has excellent performance with most of video games. I am highly recommend to anyone who wants to have a powerful and light weight laptop. It would not disappoint you.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Best in class laptop, if nothing goes wrong

Date PurchasedSept 2018