Gigafy

• Adequate Speeds Yes (36) · No (19)

George Heathcote

George HeathcoteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast speeds and awesome in-game ping.

Overall I am impressed with the internet speeds for streaming and downloading but as a warning to any gamers, I have had severe issues with my in game latency since using the Gigafy service. Gigafy say it is game server issues but it simply cannot be when the two other people I am playing with are Queensland based and they have pings under 30 and I am consistently stuck at around 200 ping in 3/4 out of 5 games, despite the servers being based in Sydney and reading 16MS in the lobby.

UPDATE: They took the time to closely monitor my connection when gaming and got to the bottom of the issue. It now gives me a super low ping in every game so I am stoked.

Shocking customer service

Great for a while. Customer service rep Louis is hopeless when reporting issues. Not easy to get ahold of to resolve issues. Wouldn’t recommend at all. Go with Telstra or Optus.

Gigafy SupportGigafy

Terrible if you play games

Janeen H.

Janeen H.South East Queensland, QLD

Look no further if you want good internet service

I have used Gigafy for close to 4 yrs, the customer service is outstanding, I can call them at peak hour and get through in a matter of minutes, they will always resolve my queries on the spot!
The ease in setting up an account is so quick and simple, I would never consider using a different supplier, infact I recently moved and thought I couldn't use them in new place so signed up with another supplier, to find out they do service my new apartment, so I cancelled other supplier to have Gigafy back.
Thank you Gigafy for your exceptional service

dan12345

dan12345South East Queensland, QLD

Friendly customer service, fast speeds, instant connection!

I've had gigafy for almost a year now and simply love it. Way faster than the Telstra Broadband I use to have. 90MBPS in peak times (8pm) and almost equal upload speeds.

Whenever I've had to contact customer service they've responded on live chat very quickly and are friendly and helpful. I relocated in the building and they transferred my connection immediately. Much less of a stuff around than what other suppliers would have put me through.

If you have gigafy in your building, you'd be mad not to give it a go first.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Good customer service,fast and helpful.

Any issues have always been sorted quickly by very helpful staff. Peak times can be an issue occasionally but overall I have been happy with the service provided for several years now .

Charm

CharmSouth East Queensland, QLD

3+ years of excellent service

I have used gigify for 3+ years. They have always provided quick, clear & excellent service for any queries. Signing up, downgrading and upgrading your membership is east and worked instantly. And have also never had any issues with internet (every working from home).

Would definitely recommend!

ImNot JokingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dropping out at peak times

I’m in Newstead and just over the last week connection has been dropping out regularly
Yesterday morning no service at all
Fixed yesterday within 3 hours
But problems dropping out today

ImNot Joking

So today I work from home and the dropout has been constant this morning. Very frustrating.

Unstable

Gigafy SupportGigafy

Quick update: Looks like there's still a problem with one of the links which we believe to be the cable run so the techs are heading back out tomorrow to replace this run entirely.

rogfra1770

rogfra1770South East Queensland, QLD

When the service is working, it’s great.... however!

The packages that Gigafy appear attractive, and when it is working it is great.... but unreliable.

If you work from home and need to rely on your internet service - have a backup plan.

The high number of outages has caused me to run off a mobile 4G hotspot for important meetings as the service cannot be relied on. I have now moved off Gigafy due to unreliability. Not recommended

Stef

StefSouth East Queensland, QLD

The idea is great, but I’m not sold on the execution.

Gigafy = "gigadon't"

I have been connected to this provider for almost a month now, in the centre of the gold coast, and the internet drops 2-3 times daily. I have lived in rural areas with less infrastructure and a more reliable service. I work from home and my business requires a reliable connection, multiple times a week I have had to reload or retype forms because their service suddenly drops. You are better off with a send sim card and hot spotting your connection.

Hi Andrew,

Actually no it hasn’t. I have been averaging 20mbps for the last 2 weeks.

Doesn’t work with streaming services

Doesn’t work with all streaming services. This has been an ongoing issue for months, no eta for resolution. The streaming service has advised that it appears Im using a VPN when connecting through gigafy. Literally paying for two services I can’t use whilst they ‘resolve’ with zero progress since September

Angry Bird

Angry Bird

Worse customer service ever!!

Today I experienced the worse customer service, the guy I spoke with was so rude, unprofessional. Not recommend them at all!!! Unfortunately, I have to use this provider in my apartment.

Cannot access streaming sites

Unfortunately I have no other choice than to use Gigafy for our internet provider due to the apartment I live in. You cannot access certain streaming sites like Binge and Kayo Sports. Example:
'Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://kayosports.com.au/" on this server.'
I have called a number of times to follow up my requests to rectify this and I get the same response "We are working on it and we cannot advise when it will be fixed." I am wasting money on these streaming sites.

However, the staff are extremely friendly and professional.

UPDATE: issues accessing those streaming not yet resolved as stated in reply by Gigafy.

JonJ
JonJ

Rodney E

Rodney Easked

Who is the service provider for gigafy wireless internet?

Hello,

We (Gigafy) are the service provider - we operate our network across QLD, NSW and VIC and peer directly with content providers where possible. You can see our public peering listing on peeringdb: https://www.peeringdb.com/net/15272

Kind Regards,
Andrew Cox
Gigafy Networks Team

TrufflesCawoodle2016

TrufflesCawoodle2016asked

How do I change the password that comes with my modem. Bitdefender keeps telling me it is very weak. I run Win10m. Gary

Hi There,

If you login to your user portal at https://account.gigafy.com.au you can update the wireless network name and password from under the My Router -> Wireless Security section.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

Nene

Neneasked

Are you able to get Foxtel with gigafy

Laura Wotherspoon
Laura Wotherspoon

I use Foxtel Now which offers online streaming instead of a set-top box. This is in addition to my Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime and Bigpond Movies services (yes, I have a problem haha). All run on my Gigafy network and stream without any issues, even while other devices are connected and in use such as my laptop/phone.

Get an answer from our members and Gigafy representatives

Other Internet Service Providers