GIO Home and Contents

1.0

Lisam

Lisam

Cancelled without being informed after 26 years

Got a renewal notice this year so it was not even marked on record that I took my complaint about their shocking behaviour last year to a regulator. lost a thirty year customer dye to cancelling my cover because they didnt have my New address instead of using the correct phone number or email to contact me. Their excuse was i had a preference for mail contact. Right. also mixed up correspondence from A year prior, cancelling again due to unfixed damage that had been fixed and which They acknowledged had been fixed and was on record as being so. The worst i e ever dealt with.

Property TypeVilla
Claim MadeNo
Katharine

KatharineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not even deserve 1 star!!

This company is absolutely useless, and that is putting it politely. Workers are clearly incompetent. Nobody gets back to you when they say they will, and we still waiting on damage to our roof and ceiling as a result of a severe jail storm in January to be fixed!! Meanwhile, we have water coming through the ceiling in all rooms whenever it rains! Stay away from this company.

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Coco-Bear

Coco-BearMelbourne

Poor customer service

I purchased a policy after receiving a quote and correcting errors made by GIO. I hope they are listening to the conversations that are recording for quality assurance purposes.
Called back to confirm they had my correct email address, which they didn't, now corrected. Asked for the documents to be re sent. Receive an email a few minutes later with policy documents but no cost, price, receipt or proof of payment. Rang again and told it will take 5 working days to send a receipt. What a load of crap. Does anyone make a purchase of $1,200 or more and not receive a receipt immediately? Will be cancelling the contract tomorrow.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim MadeNo
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

mickscott

mickscottasked

I would be very interested to hear from somebody at GIO about their reviews here and what I consider a very poor rating of 2 stars from 122 reviews . Does this even concern anybody at GIO ? It concerns me to think my family has been paying thousands of dollars every year for the last 45 years for what seems to be second rate insurance . Very disturbing for a staunch loyal 45 year customer .

Larraine
Larraine

I have just had contents ins claim and had no trouble they were very easy to deal with and have settled claim with no trouble at all

Daphne E.

Daphne E.asked

I submitted a very important question this morning and submitted my question. Have not seen any
reply. Daphne

PopHi
PopHi

What was the important question?

Michelle D.

Michelle D.asked

Does contents insurance cover damage by someone's horse to anothers persons car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check with GIO

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives