GIO Home and Contents

3.0

LW

LWSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

No reward for loyalty

GIO thought it was fine to charge me for insurance they weren't willing to offer me. I had kept my home contents insurance with GIO for 6 consecutive years. I was transferred to the south coast for work and was organising my move at the end of 2019. When the bushfires struck GIO refused to cover my contents due to an embargo on my new postcode despite the fact that I was an existing customer. They were happy for me to keep paying, but couldn't actually tell me when they would lift to embargo and be able to offer me cover. I will never insure with GIO again.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeNo

LarraineSydney, NSW

Have had no trouble at all

I have been with gio with a very bad car accident we had and I thought they were great and have just had a claim with flooring and again they were great have had no problems at all

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

mickscott

mickscottasked

I would be very interested to hear from somebody at GIO about their reviews here and what I consider a very poor rating of 2 stars from 122 reviews . Does this even concern anybody at GIO ? It concerns me to think my family has been paying thousands of dollars every year for the last 45 years for what seems to be second rate insurance . Very disturbing for a staunch loyal 45 year customer .

Larraine

I have just had contents ins claim and had no trouble they were very easy to deal with and have settled claim with no trouble at all

Daphne E.

Daphne E.asked

I submitted a very important question this morning and submitted my question. Have not seen any
reply. Daphne

PopHi
PopHi

What was the important question?

Michelle D.

Michelle D.asked

Does contents insurance cover damage by someone's horse to anothers persons car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check with GIO

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives