GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents

1.6

Trinity

TrinityGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

NO LOYALTY TO LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2020

took our money under false pretenses

definitively not good value. We had new for old car insurance and discovered it was a con. After 3 years it didnt't actually exist under new for old. we have now discovered that we have been insuring our home and contents thru them and our homes are not actually insured as our homes are on farms but they don't insure houses on farms even though when we got quotes they knew the houses were on farms
we will never insure through them again now going to cancel our boat insurance as well.
They won't get a star rating at all from me

Kim Thoa B.

Kim Thoa B.

A company that help others during a pandemic

I called up GIO to tell ask if they have any financial relief for people whom effected by covid-19 and they gave me 3 month off, very unexpected thank you!

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

pkon

pkonSydney

Victim of crime: claim experience

My 75 year old mother's fence was rammed by a stolen car at 3am in the morning. Terrified but not hurt. Police attended but the driver had run off. We have a Police reference number and the rego of the stolen car but naturally, we don't know if the driver has been identified and even if we did, we would not know who it is. So, a loyal customer, a pensioner and a victim of crime has to fork out $600 she can't spare for GIO to "investigate" and then decide if they should refund the excess. OMG! Really GIO, shame. On the plus side, the person who too my call was excellent, sympathetic and genuinely concerned for my mum's welfare. Five stars for him and minus 4 for the company. Peter K

mickscott

mickscottHunter Region, NSW

Worst insurance ever

Claim DateFebruary 2020
australia

australiaaustralia nsw

Totally Incompetent

I phoned GIO on behalf of a friend, requesting the Home & Contents Insurance Policy PDS to be forwarded.

D.O.B. of the recipient was requested prior to it being issued. When I questioned this, I was then advised it could not be forwarded unless a quote was also issued.

I was speechless!!!

A potential client needs to review the PDS BEFORE a quote, to ascertain whether GIO's policy suits their requirement, (their advts. also advocate this).

This has cost GIO 2 potential clients.

Their attitude is beyond belief.

B F.Sydney, NSW

Two full months and cannot reach them - with rooms out of commission

Claim DateFebruary 2020

They do not pay claims

Claim DateNovember 2019

Paying a fortune for insurance without really having any insurance

We thought we were covered for everything with GIO, we pay a ridiculous amount more in premiums a year than other companies charge thinking we were covered for everything and would be looked after if the need arises, HOW WRONG WE WERE!!!!!!. Put in a claim in which there was mimable damage at the time but after nearly 4mths the damage has gotten worse and repair cost increased significantly with no resolution in site from GIO home repair team, unfortunately the only way l found to get any progression what so ever was go use the GIO complaints line. Still waiting for a call back from week ago. Dont waist your time money or energy with GIO

Claim DateMay 2019
Home and Contents Insurance

Stephen

StephenSydney, NSW

Integrity of gio home insurance

My parents made a claim for hail damage in December as of 9/4/19 gio contractors have completed no progress the 500 dollars access has been paid the start and completion date has long past many phone calls to the builder and gio show a lack of sincerity and integrity if this is not address in 7 days legal action will be pending

K.....

K.....

Take excess quick. Repair slow!

Made a claim in early January. Excess taken immediately. Claim Accepted. Nothing done almost April. No aircon for most of summer. Thanks very much! Not even excuses just no action.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Mouse

MouseSydney, NSW

GIO claim service was friendly, proactive and helpful.

Our home was significantly damaged after the Berowra Heights 20/12/2018 hail storm.
GIO was friendly, proactive and helpful - During the claim process.
The face to face presentation organised by Suncorp, for hail damage affected customers, was excellent.
I have spoken to a number of Berowra residents affected by the hail storm. The Suncorp customers I have spoken with seem happy. There are a number of non Suncorp customers, quite unhappy.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Karen E Norman

Karen E NormanSydney, NSW

Disgusted and frustrated with process

We have been insured with GIO for over 20 years with numerous motor vehicle and house policies. We recently had a water leak in our balcony. I had to pay the $1000 excess for them to tell me that they would only repair part of the job which was worth under $1000. Partially accepted the claim?? The balcony became dangerous as they took so long to assess it. I had to have it staked and remove tiles to assess that it was not due to poor tile maintenance as they suggested. After 2 months they still have not decided what to do. Will be taking this to fair trading.

Claim DateJanuary 2019

spike0108Sydney

No dial back functionality - shocking customer appreciation

I have been on the phone for just on 1 hr. No call back functionality - unbelievable. Sack your manager of customer service and engage someone who understands what those 2 words mean!! With all the weather related disasters you guys need to-step up and bring in much more staff on weekends.... not 2.
My house has 6 destroyed skylights, 2 tarps covering the whole roof which has 200 damaged roof tiles and these tarps have dislodged after last nights storm. Do you think i can find someone in the customer service area who can get someone around to secure before the possible thunderstorm tonight.
The good thing..... waiting and listening to the hold music for 1 hr made me so angry i decided to write this review