GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents (page 2 of 7)

2.0

Mouse

MouseSydney, NSW

GIO claim service was friendly, proactive and helpful.

Our home was significantly damaged after the Berowra Heights 20/12/2018 hail storm.
GIO was friendly, proactive and helpful - During the claim process.
The face to face presentation organised by Suncorp, for hail damage affected customers, was excellent.
I have spoken to a number of Berowra residents affected by the hail storm. The Suncorp customers I have spoken with seem happy. There are a number of non Suncorp customers, quite unhappy.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateDecember 2018
Karen E Norman

Karen E NormanSydney, NSW

Disgusted and frustrated with process

We have been insured with GIO for over 20 years with numerous motor vehicle and house policies. We recently had a water leak in our balcony. I had to pay the $1000 excess for them to tell me that they would only repair part of the job which was worth under $1000. Partially accepted the claim?? The balcony became dangerous as they took so long to assess it. I had to have it staked and remove tiles to assess that it was not due to poor tile maintenance as they suggested. After 2 months they still have not decided what to do. Will be taking this to fair trading.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2019
pug002

pug002

Totally Outraged!

Property TypeOther
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

spike0108Sydney

No dial back functionality - shocking customer appreciation

I have been on the phone for just on 1 hr. No call back functionality - unbelievable. Sack your manager of customer service and engage someone who understands what those 2 words mean!! With all the weather related disasters you guys need to-step up and bring in much more staff on weekends.... not 2.
My house has 6 destroyed skylights, 2 tarps covering the whole roof which has 200 damaged roof tiles and these tarps have dislodged after last nights storm. Do you think i can find someone in the customer service area who can get someone around to secure before the possible thunderstorm tonight.
The good thing..... waiting and listening to the hold music for 1 hr made me so angry i decided to write this review

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateDecember 2018
Outraged

OutragedSydney

Waiting over an hour for a phone to be answered and no call back function

Trying to make a claim for my mother with dementia who has to be the person speaking to them and have been waiting for an hour with her almost hysterical besides me. If I hang up I’ll have to wait an hour again or who knows how long!!!!!! Haven’t made a claim because I can’t get through!!!!

Insurance claim madeNo

Australians Deserve Better Services, Come one Management you need to lift your Game

Rude customer service

Tried to cancel within the cooling off period, the operator was not clear with the cancellation and tried to not refund me the full amount. Rude customer service, being condescending and patronizing. Unbelievable attitude, I won't be insuring with GIO anymore, no matter the price. Have never been treated like that, the operator called me a liar and tried to make it sound like I wasn't being truthful when in fact I didn't misunderstood what he was saying. Just do your job and don't give customers attitude.

Insurance claim madeNo
Brett

BrettCarrum

Timely pay out on claims

We go with GIO primarily because of their flood cover.
We've had two significant claims with GIO over the years.
In both cases GIO paid a fair claim amount and in timely fashion.

Kim

KimBallina

Great insurance company

I have been with GIO for over 10 years, have had several home and 1 car insurance claim. They have been nothing but helpful and did everything by the book. I am totally happy with their service. From the moment I have lodged a claim, to the follow up they provide when making sure everything is on track is terrific.

David. P

David. PSydney, NSW

Awful service

Just found out that the GIO don’t refund your registration, CTP or remaining insurance premiums when your car is a write off
Car was only insured for $1600 hit by a truck undriveable went to their repair outlet, they took photos and said it’s a write off, GIO did not believe this I had to wait two weeks to go to another outlet they phoned me and said write off but still no contact from GIO I must have made 15-20 calls and still not satisfied with their response.

TCM

TCM

Great people, empathetic and helpful staff when I need to claim

Paul

PaulMelbourne

They simply do not care.

Insured over 30 years. Pensioner parents made a claim for water damage in a bathroom and almost 4 months later still do not have a bathroom. Sent out a builder to quote and after 2 months later said they were too expensive. Sent another builder out and repeat process and after another month decided they were too expensive and back to the first one. Now demanded a payout since they continue to run us around and now they are stalling saying " Be Patient". How patient would you be after 4 months with no bathroom?
Absolutely useless and pathetic service. They dont care we don't have a fully functional bathroom. Do not use them and looking at other reviews here seems many others have the same issue. Now going to ombudsmen before legal options.

Ian David

Ian DavidHunter Region, NSW

Our experience convinced us to renew

Stay Away ....

Gary

Gary

My mothers claims

My mother made 2 claims for a flooded kitchen and had no problems at all they were prompt certious and provided skilled tradesmen and never increased her premiums she is verry happy with them

Fast claim resolution

Yesterday my expensive glasses broke while cleaning. As I have insurance for portables I've decided to claim it. Today, they've deposited money into my account for the claim. They were very nice. They've accepted quotation from my optometrist even though they are using different one. Very happy with the outcome.

Phillip N

Phillip NMelbourne

Worst Insurance Company ever

To everyone out there who needs to makes a claim with GIO, I have had the worst experience dealing with many staff who make lot's of promises and never deliver!! They use a third party called Home Repairs and are absolutely useless. My rental property received damage from the heavy rains in December 2017 and I am still waiting to have my carpet replaced after Home Repairs decided to remove it without my consent. Now my tenants after many months are without carpet and sleeping on a concrete slab. Absolutely appalling how GIO have managed my claim and when you email them everything they have requested they never reply and all you receive is a generic reply back that someone will come back to you and they never do.

Mick

MickKurri Kurri

Dont have insurance with GIO

It's not worth insuring your house or contents with GIO insurance cause they never pay, I made a claim for my Shed which my blown over in a storm what did they say when I summited the claim for the garage, they said they refuse the claim cause off the age off shed.

Gino de Vera

Gino de VeraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy Home Insurance

They made unreliable repairs to my garage roof (rain damage) but within a year it was leaking again with extensive damage. I reported poor workmanship but they refuse to fix it and insisting it is a design fault of my house?? What a joke.

rlsten

rlstenSydney, NSW

Great service and very understanding when making a claim

I had been a long term customer of GIO but never had to make a claim until recently. Unfortunately my house was broken in to and a lot of things stolen. It was a very distressing time, but GIO made the whole claim process really smooth and simple. We were kept up to date with regular emails, and both the assessor and claim manager were very understanding and flexible in evaluating items and settling the claim. I will be sticking with GIO.