GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents (page 3 of 7)

2.0

ARTY

ARTYSydney, NSW

Patient and professional

My renewal notice from GIO for home and contents showed a higher premium.
The lady at the help desk was extremely patient and went over all the details meticulously and discussed the pros and cons of every option offered by GIO and not only matched a quote by another insurer but with better coverage including every discount applicable and different ways of cost effective payments.

squishypiranhaPerth, WA

Do Not Trust GIO with Your Valuables Unless You Want Cheap Replacements

squishypiranha

Update - after following the complaints process, the ring is getting remade again..... So if you're in this boat, start the complaints process and someone will finally step in. It's annoying you have to go to that effort....

rekoaus

rekoausmelbourne

Catch 22 - be careful - there is a cancellation fees that they don't tell you about

There is a cancellation fees that they don't tell you about or include in your online purchase, and when you finally find out they tell you it is in the PDS.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Tamara

TamaraBourke

Poor service and neglect - my home completely destroyed by fire on 21/Dec/2016

Armar

ArmarSydney, NSW

Disappointing

Unfortunately they have handled my very small contents claim for replacement carpet due to a hot water system exploding very badly. I've spoke to so many people I can't keep count and the number of conflicting stories about what they would or wouldn't do is unbelievable. They have now "assessed" my claim and inform me that they will pay me out the amount I am covered for instead of managing the payments because it is easier and saves them money. I am taking all my business elsewhere after this . They have lost this loyal 15 year customer.

Insurance claim madeYes

Love GIO - would never change!

I had to share my feedback as all too often, people are more inclined to write a review when things don't go as expected, rather than when they go great.

I have been a customer of GIO for more than 20 years. In that time I've never made many claims, but have had reason in the past three years to make two claims on home and contents.

I have to say - 24-hour claim lodging availability, polite/courteous/responsive/pleasant telephone discussions and almost instantaneous service by their preferred providers when they have come to both look at and sort my home issues has been just so impressive.

I've never been questioned, given excuses, or provided a reason not to be ecstatic with their service and insurance.

Go GIO!!

Worst Home Insurance Ever

We had a leak in the bathroom and it took them 3 months to fix and more than 2 months for reviewing in total. They sent the subcontractor to do the work whom then sent another subcontractor to do the job. Then they called me and asked me if the issue had fixed. Told them to check with their subcontractor as they did not inform me what so ever. Very very bad insurance company.

Insurance claim madeYes

Dreadful customer service and cheap payouts on premium policy

Caj

Caj

Great

Great value, easy to set up all done online, fantastically quick and easy for green slip or home content insurance.
I strongly suggest people use GIO for all insuring needs.

James C

James CThornbury

Poor internal communication. Excessive delays. Denied a reimbursement for costs incurred

Dallas66

Dallas66AU

Not impressed

Leaking pipes in bathroom

Leaking pipes in bathroom

furious consumer

furious consumer

seven phone calls in 7 days trying to get a refund for a 3 duplicate policies!!

mi.andyme

mi.andymeAU

GIO is HOPELESS...NO STARS IF I COULD

Jim

Jim

Minus 100 per cent. Not only disgraceful but they abuse our time for no result.

Be warned by all the negative comments on this forum. They are - if anything - not severe enough.
GIO hides behind call centre neophytes who know nothing about the claim and will not provide any manager identity, direct email or direct phone contact. Best way to describe their policy of "delay, deny, frustrate" claims is to watch movie Erin Brokovitch. It is GIO's template. They have further cost us time by phone and email for no result, but much anguish on top of the original damage. Be warned.

JMorris

JMorrisSydney, NSW

As long as you just paid the Top premium and never lodge a claim!

Been with GIO for 20 years. Lost my mobile phone - they settled the claim then they investigated me afterwards. What process is that? Even after all the purchase paperworks I submitted in good faith - the power trip of the investigator is disgusting! Go somewhere else!!

Jeremy Furness

Jeremy FurnessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Water Damage - no cover!

The main water pipe in the street was damaged by earth works. The mains water flooded our property. It took over 3 days to stop the flow and the damage was huge. The pool paving was warped and cracked, the retaining walls were damaged, the driveway was buckled, the pathways were destroyed and the garden was turned into a sea of mud.
I was sure that GIO would cover this massive damage as they claim they cover 'flood and water spillage.' Two months later they came back and rejected the claim. No solid reason given - just rejected. Do not rely on GIO for water damage or retaining walls. Retaining walls are not covered! End result - Thousands of dollars out of pocket and a claims officer that couldn't have cared less.

Liz

LizCanberra

Great customer service

In the last 12-months I have called GIO 3 or 4 times and on every occasion I have got straight through with a local operator. It is excellent service and they are always so helpful. I will stay with GIO due to their customer service being located in Australia. Keep up the good work GIO.

TERRIBLE CLAIM PROCESS!!

mickscott

mickscottasked

I would be very interested to hear from somebody at GIO about their reviews here and what I consider a very poor rating of 2 stars from 122 reviews . Does this even concern anybody at GIO ? It concerns me to think my family has been paying thousands of dollars every year for the last 45 years for what seems to be second rate insurance . Very disturbing for a staunch loyal 45 year customer .

Larraine
Larraine

I have just had contents ins claim and had no trouble they were very easy to deal with and have settled claim with no trouble at all

Daphne E.

Daphne E.asked

I submitted a very important question this morning and submitted my question. Have not seen any
reply. Daphne

PopHi
PopHi

What was the important question?

Michelle D.

Michelle D.asked

Does contents insurance cover damage by someone's horse to anothers persons car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check with GIO

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives