GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents (page 4 of 7)

2.0

Vivek V

Vivek VSydney

No advantages of being a loyal customer

I would go for a 0 star rating. Been with them for 6 years. I had a portable cover which listed my old laptop. I bought a new one which I forgot to list. Lost it and they would not cover for it. So unfair (#@##@@)!!

I'm moving all my policies from them. No advantage of being a loyal customer.

Zoe7

Zoe7Sydney

Broken water pipe in b/room. Two huge holes in concrete floor to fix pipe

Gio said they wouldn't pay for pipe but restoring b/room back. My b/room was a older style of beige with gold taps. We'll no matching here. The bath came out. Which they can't colour match as it isn't made any more. So b/room is basically beige. But will have a big white spa bath sitting there with chrome taps. Which will look enhance the look not. Thanks for nothing gio. I'm already out of pocket expenses thousands with paying for the pipe work. I'm a 60year old widow. They are discusting

Ross Clark

Ross ClarkPerth

Sneaky sneaky GIO

Having switched to GIO 2 years ago when they bought my house and contents insurance business, they have since managed to increase their premiums each year by 15 % and then eliminate the items I require (such as accidental coverage). GIO Have a bad name because they claim to change the policy details by way of letter beforehand, and it doesnt arrive (of course it wasn't sent we know that). I didn't make a claim in the 2 years and it seems they go after the numbers game. So fellow insurance buyers, read the fine print, because they are shifty insurers who change their policy without notifying you. If thats the case change companies. Naughty GIO!!

Insurance claim madeNo
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Disgraceful

Been nearly a month after we claimed for a breaking called 8 times to get some trades person to do repairs, we get the same story every time we ring ("we are ringing them now") but no 1 ever comes out. Once we get the repairs done I'm cancelling all polices. Never again.

kevcraigieburn

Have a cliam wiyh GIO

kev

Well just update on the above i was told someone would ring me today well it is after 5pm and no phone call GIO INSURANcE have care factor of minus 10 in other words they don't give a stuff about there customers
SO BUYER BEWARE WITH GIO INSURANCE

Neil

Neil

Horrible Service - Don't use them - not worth the premium

We have been dealing with a claim for 6 months. Every time we call, it is a long wait. The people are nice, but their processes are terrible. 100% disgraceful management... they should be ashamed of themselves. Take peoples money and then don't both to service when claim time comes.

Jann Zaia

Jann ZaiaArncliffe

Thanks for 40 years of loyalty.

I had a leak in my lounge dining room after an extreme storm . I rang GIO to arrange for an assessor . They sent a guy out who informed me that the claim was rejected as there was not enough fall on the roof. This roof on an extension to my house was approved by the building inspector of Rockdale council . Being a single mother at the time with three children , one disabled and a full time job, I didn't have the fight in me so I had the ceilings and a wall replaced and at the time money was very tight. So now this pushover will be taking my business else where and including my car and green slip insurance.

Insurance claim madeYes

Do not use - shocking service. Go with someone else!!!

Small claim for kitchen damage. 8 weeks not even assessed.
1 hour on hold, transferred to different departments, can't get any answers.
Not even worth rating. That bad!
Ombudsman now only hope. Hate to have major damage, like fire, etc.

Sue H

Sue HSunbury

Don't bother- because GIO obviously don't

Home and Contents Insurance

Always choose your own repairer, never use theirs as they use and are very cheap, ombudsmen your rig

Always been with Gio, changing soon as I turn 31 as I qualify better competitors. They lie to you, they laugh at you, the assessment repair link the assessor's they have no idea what's going on until the ombudsmen gives them a kick on their bottoms. Gio your company is going downhill and watch out every time they renew your policy make sure you read it thoroughly and address any changes because guaranteed they would have made a lot of changes you won't be told about.

Samhilly

SamhillyPerth

Over 20 years Now priced to other companies

Been with G I O for over 20 years .never had a problem with claims, which I ha several. Always able to negotiate new policies each year very friendly. Last year I was told we are in the business of making money , not friends.
Have been great to deal with but on 2 vehicles+ house and contents with another company save over $800.00

Lyn

LynLake Macquarie

Insured with GIO since 1978

Avoid at all costs

Shocking customer service! I'm writing this as a warning to others considering going with GIO. They have caused lots of stress and displayed extreme unprofessionalism. Many times I waited around all day for them to inspect my claim only to be told countless excuses. Finally I've had enough and I will be changing companies!!!

Duncan

DuncanPerth

Fast and friendly service

Billy Monash

Billy MonashSydney

Do Not Insure with GIO (Unless you want a nervous breakdown)

Home and Contents Insurance

Beware the fine details. Terrible Service. Do NOT trust.

Insured with GIO for 10 years without a claim. Our hose was robbed and despite being assured that we were covered they managed to fine a clause in the contract that they would only pay $4000 of our $30,000 in watches stolen. They will be fine till you make a claim then they will screw you over. Customer service was terrible unless you call them every week and explain your problems they would just forget about you. Do NOT insure with GIO or any other Suncorp Brand.

Cheryl GavanForresters beach

Burst water pipe - 8 weeks ago, 2 visits from assesors and no action or advice on when repairs will

A water pipe burst in our shower recess in early June - the first Assesor came bout within days , then a second Assesor finally came out to look at the damage on July 28th and told us he would get back to us within 48 hours it's now been 240 hours and not so much as a phone call - let alone any repairs!

Cheryl Gavan

Three months later and I am still waiting on repairs - GIO say their tradesman can't do it before Christmas - how disgusting ! I pay my premiums and fulfil my contracted obligations why is it that GiO don't ?????

Kathy

Kathy

Abyssmal Service

Disgraceful

Avoid at all costs. Minimal staff answering phones means minimal service.
Took two weeks to acknowledge claim then they ignored any contact attempts via email.
Five weeks after anzac day hail storms and still no one has come to our property.
They keep telling us to be patient.
Gio think a five week delay is acceptable because they are inundated with claims, never take ownership of their mistakes. Advise they are still getting through qld claims. Nsw unfortunately are not as important as our interstate cousins it seems.
Their complaints department also like to make yopu feel like you are impatient and should understand.
Their slogan is its a trust thing, what a joke !
Never, ever, go with gio suncorp. !

Insurance claim madeYes

ONE YEAR and still house unrentable!

I am dismayed with this company. Having multiple policies over many years I thought our rental property was in good hands. Wrong! Over a year now since we first alerted them to the damage to our rental property and still no resolution. House unliveable! I really think they are hoping we'll get sick of waiting for them and repair it ourselves.