GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GIO

Ego Est
Ego EstSydney, NSW

Fair to poor claim experience

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Dallas66
Dallas66AU

Not impressed

Insurance claim madeYes

Premium Rise

Noticing that our home/contents/landlord premiums had risen by over $60 per month I shopped around for the 1st time. We have had home/contents insurance for 29 years and made 1 claim (for a broken window in '84) in all that time. Have 7 policies with GIO. I have moved our home/contents/landlords insurance and am now paying $160 a month less. I wish I had been paying more attention in years gone past, rather than just automatically renewed our insurances. Also, there should be some incentive/bonus for people who never claim, or haven't claimed in 10 years. I will looking at the car insurances when they come up again!

Premiums were very high

lee88
lee88Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

mickscott
mickscottasked

I would be very interested to hear from somebody at GIO about their reviews here and what I consider a very poor rating of 2 stars from 122 reviews . Does this even concern anybody at GIO ? It concerns me to think my family has been paying thousands of dollars every year for the last 45 years for what seems to be second rate insurance . Very disturbing for a staunch loyal 45 year customer .

Larraine
Larraine

I have just had contents ins claim and had no trouble they were very easy to deal with and have settled claim with no trouble at all

Daphne E.
Daphne E.asked

I submitted a very important question this morning and submitted my question. Have not seen any
reply. Daphne

PopHi
PopHi

What was the important question?

Michelle D.
Michelle D.asked

Does contents insurance cover damage by someone's horse to anothers persons car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check with GIO

See all GIO Home and Contents questions

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle and Travel