GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GIO

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (0)

Super easy claim

Just had a super easy claim experience for personal electronics which I appreciated . Lodged Wednesday and received a call on Thursday. No hassles with the claim (noting I had already provided the required evidence) and staff member was very friendly and helpful.

Ego Est
Ego EstSydney, NSW

Fair to poor claim experience

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Kim Thoa B.
Kim Thoa B.

A company that help others during a pandemic

I called up GIO to tell ask if they have any financial relief for people whom effected by covid-19 and they gave me 3 month off, very unexpected thank you!

LarraineSydney, NSW

Have had no trouble at all

I have been with gio with a very bad car accident we had and I thought they were great and have just had a claim with flooring and again they were great have had no problems at all

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Cair
CairSydney, NSW

Superior service in every way

Mouse
MouseSydney, NSW

GIO claim service was friendly, proactive and helpful.

Our home was significantly damaged after the Berowra Heights 20/12/2018 hail storm.
GIO was friendly, proactive and helpful - During the claim process.
The face to face presentation organised by Suncorp, for hail damage affected customers, was excellent.
I have spoken to a number of Berowra residents affected by the hail storm. The Suncorp customers I have spoken with seem happy. There are a number of non Suncorp customers, quite unhappy.

Brett
BrettCarrum

Timely pay out on claims

We go with GIO primarily because of their flood cover.
We've had two significant claims with GIO over the years.
In both cases GIO paid a fair claim amount and in timely fashion.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Kim
KimBallina

Great insurance company

I have been with GIO for over 10 years, have had several home and 1 car insurance claim. They have been nothing but helpful and did everything by the book. I am totally happy with their service. From the moment I have lodged a claim, to the follow up they provide when making sure everything is on track is terrific.

TCM
TCM

Great people, empathetic and helpful staff when I need to claim

Ian David
Ian DavidHunter Region, NSW

Our experience convinced us to renew

Gary
Gary

My mothers claims

My mother made 2 claims for a flooded kitchen and had no problems at all they were prompt certious and provided skilled tradesmen and never increased her premiums she is verry happy with them

Fast claim resolution

Yesterday my expensive glasses broke while cleaning. As I have insurance for portables I've decided to claim it. Today, they've deposited money into my account for the claim. They were very nice. They've accepted quotation from my optometrist even though they are using different one. Very happy with the outcome.

rlsten
rlstenSydney, NSW

Great service and very understanding when making a claim

I had been a long term customer of GIO but never had to make a claim until recently. Unfortunately my house was broken in to and a lot of things stolen. It was a very distressing time, but GIO made the whole claim process really smooth and simple. We were kept up to date with regular emails, and both the assessor and claim manager were very understanding and flexible in evaluating items and settling the claim. I will be sticking with GIO.

Insurance claim madeYes

Love GIO - would never change!

I had to share my feedback as all too often, people are more inclined to write a review when things don't go as expected, rather than when they go great.

I have been a customer of GIO for more than 20 years. In that time I've never made many claims, but have had reason in the past three years to make two claims on home and contents.

I have to say - 24-hour claim lodging availability, polite/courteous/responsive/pleasant telephone discussions and almost instantaneous service by their preferred providers when they have come to both look at and sort my home issues has been just so impressive.

I've never been questioned, given excuses, or provided a reason not to be ecstatic with their service and insurance.

Go GIO!!

Caj
Caj

Great

Great value, easy to set up all done online, fantastically quick and easy for green slip or home content insurance.
I strongly suggest people use GIO for all insuring needs.

Insurance claim madeNo

mickscott
mickscottasked

I would be very interested to hear from somebody at GIO about their reviews here and what I consider a very poor rating of 2 stars from 122 reviews . Does this even concern anybody at GIO ? It concerns me to think my family has been paying thousands of dollars every year for the last 45 years for what seems to be second rate insurance . Very disturbing for a staunch loyal 45 year customer .

Larraine

I have just had contents ins claim and had no trouble they were very easy to deal with and have settled claim with no trouble at all

Daphne E.
Daphne E.asked

I submitted a very important question this morning and submitted my question. Have not seen any
reply. Daphne

PopHi
PopHi

What was the important question?

Michelle D.
Michelle D.asked

Does contents insurance cover damage by someone's horse to anothers persons car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check with GIO

See all GIO Home and Contents questions

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle and Travel