GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GIO

BuyGeorge
BuyGeorgeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Where you can go

I've been browsing insurance companies today. As always, I check reviews submitted on product review, too. Consumers, if you are having issues with your claim contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. It is a free and independent service to assist with the resolution of consumer claims.

Coverage TypeContents Only

Good customer service, but inexplicable rate increase.

Very easy and professional phone assistance.
But I started this policy 1 year ago, and the renewal premium just increased by 25%!
I have never filed a claim, so no comment in this regard.

suzley
suzley

OK

Used them for 30-odd years and never had a problem.
Had about three claims for storm damage, no problem. Assessors really helpful. Never had any reason to go anywhere else. Premiums competitive.
Efficient and helpful.
Like any insurance company, don't pay unless they have to.

mickscott
mickscottasked

I would be very interested to hear from somebody at GIO about their reviews here and what I consider a very poor rating of 2 stars from 122 reviews . Does this even concern anybody at GIO ? It concerns me to think my family has been paying thousands of dollars every year for the last 45 years for what seems to be second rate insurance . Very disturbing for a staunch loyal 45 year customer .

Larraine
Larraine

I have just had contents ins claim and had no trouble they were very easy to deal with and have settled claim with no trouble at all

Daphne E.
Daphne E.asked

I submitted a very important question this morning and submitted my question. Have not seen any
reply. Daphne

PopHi
PopHi

What was the important question?

Michelle D.
Michelle D.asked

Does contents insurance cover damage by someone's horse to anothers persons car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check with GIO

See all GIO Home and Contents questions

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle and Travel