GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GIO

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
Ego Est
Ego EstSydney, NSW

Fair to poor claim experience

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Trinity
TrinityGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

FIGHT FOR FAIRNESS!!!

GailP
GailP

28 years of cover

We have had our house and contents insured with GIO for about 25 years and have had several claims all have been resolved in a reasonable time frame and to our satisfaction with minimum fuss. Workmanship has been very good on most occasions. Policy price has certainly increased over the years but isn't excessive.

Claim Made Yes
ARTY
ARTYSydney, NSW

Patient and professional

My renewal notice from GIO for home and contents showed a higher premium.
The lady at the help desk was extremely patient and went over all the details meticulously and discussed the pros and cons of every option offered by GIO and not only matched a quote by another insurer but with better coverage including every discount applicable and different ways of cost effective payments.

Insurance claim madeNo
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Dallas66
Dallas66AU

Not impressed

Leaking pipes in bathroom

Samhilly
SamhillyPerth

Over 20 years Now priced to other companies

Been with G I O for over 20 years .never had a problem with claims, which I ha several. Always able to negotiate new policies each year very friendly. Last year I was told we are in the business of making money , not friends.
Have been great to deal with but on 2 vehicles+ house and contents with another company save over $800.00

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
eardley
eardleyAU

So far my policies past with GIO have been OK.

Premium Rise

Noticing that our home/contents/landlord premiums had risen by over $60 per month I shopped around for the 1st time. We have had home/contents insurance for 29 years and made 1 claim (for a broken window in '84) in all that time. Have 7 policies with GIO. I have moved our home/contents/landlords insurance and am now paying $160 a month less. I wish I had been paying more attention in years gone past, rather than just automatically renewed our insurances. Also, there should be some incentive/bonus for people who never claim, or haven't claimed in 10 years. I will looking at the car insurances when they come up again!

Premiums were very high

Suzy32
Suzy32CHADSTONE

House Fire

Notified GIO that our rental property burnt down on Monday, Tuesday morning the property was assessed, Tuesday afternoon we were advised that there would be an investigation as their were suspicious circumstances, Thursday afternoon we were advised that the investigation has been completed and the claim would be paid. Four days.
Rental income was paid ongoing until the claim was completed within three months.
We could not have been happier with GIO. GIO were very caring and kept us informed

oksanahuntley
oksanahuntleySydney, NSW

Good

The service over the phone was courteous and efficient. I was very happy with their helpful and friendly management of my claim
Following a burglary in which a window was broken I contacted GIO on a Sunday afternoon. They organised a glass company to immediately replace the broken window and processed my claim over the phone. I did not have to do a thing. The service was outstanding with absolutely no inconvenience to me.
No complaints

lee88
lee88Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad

mickscott
mickscottasked

I would be very interested to hear from somebody at GIO about their reviews here and what I consider a very poor rating of 2 stars from 122 reviews . Does this even concern anybody at GIO ? It concerns me to think my family has been paying thousands of dollars every year for the last 45 years for what seems to be second rate insurance . Very disturbing for a staunch loyal 45 year customer .

Larraine
Larraine

I have just had contents ins claim and had no trouble they were very easy to deal with and have settled claim with no trouble at all

Daphne E.
Daphne E.asked

I submitted a very important question this morning and submitted my question. Have not seen any
reply. Daphne

PopHi
PopHi

What was the important question?

Michelle D.
Michelle D.asked

Does contents insurance cover damage by someone's horse to anothers persons car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check with GIO

See all GIO Home and Contents questions

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle and Travel