GIO Home and Contents

GIO Home and Contents (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GIO

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (0)
Lyn

JZ66
JZ66VIC, 3055

Excellent Service

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how GIO Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

eardley
eardleyAU

So far my policies past with GIO have been OK.

Galahguy
GalahguyPerth, WA

Excellent Service

I suffered a serious house fire in 2011 & GIO got right onto it. The assesor was very quickly on site & was very supportive & helpful. The claims staff kept me advised of the process & were also very supportive & flexible when it came to negotiating a settlement so I could rebuild & get on with my life. Couldn't have asked for better service. My neighbour who suffered roof damage & is with CGU is still waiting for them to make repairs while he still lives under a tarp. GIO were so good that I have now insured my car with them & taken out new household insurance - based on my experience I am happy to recommend them.
Excellent service

Fence Damage

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Premium Rise

Noticing that our home/contents/landlord premiums had risen by over $60 per month I shopped around for the 1st time. We have had home/contents insurance for 29 years and made 1 claim (for a broken window in '84) in all that time. Have 7 policies with GIO. I have moved our home/contents/landlords insurance and am now paying $160 a month less. I wish I had been paying more attention in years gone past, rather than just automatically renewed our insurances. Also, there should be some incentive/bonus for people who never claim, or haven't claimed in 10 years. I will looking at the car insurances when they come up again!

Premiums were very high

Customer Service - Geelong Branch

Five stars to GIO Geelong Branch for their fantastic customer service. They rang me before my insurance was due and helped me to get the best insurance premium. I am happy with the content and insurance cover provided and very happy with the price. Good service deserves to be noticed.

Liz_P
Liz_PNSW, 2747

I have always found the call centre staff at GIO to be helpful and friendly. They have been polite at all times and I have never had to wait long on the phone. They have been quite informative and happy to answer any questions I have. I have never had an issue with the insurance policy as I have never had to make a claim. I have also found the premiums quite reasonable and comparable with other companies, and often cheaper.I would happily recommend GIO to all of my friends and family.
The insure strata titled properties.
Simple errors took some time to be corrected.

Suzy32
Suzy32CHADSTONE

House Fire

Notified GIO that our rental property burnt down on Monday, Tuesday morning the property was assessed, Tuesday afternoon we were advised that there would be an investigation as their were suspicious circumstances, Thursday afternoon we were advised that the investigation has been completed and the claim would be paid. Four days.
Rental income was paid ongoing until the claim was completed within three months.
We could not have been happier with GIO. GIO were very caring and kept us informed

OK

Used them for 30-odd years and never had a problem.
Had about three claims for storm damage, no problem. Assessors really helpful. Never had any reason to go anywhere else. Premiums competitive.
Efficient and helpful.
Like any insurance company, don't pay unless they have to.

oksanahuntley
oksanahuntleySydney, NSW

Good

The service over the phone was courteous and efficient. I was very happy with their helpful and friendly management of my claim
Following a burglary in which a window was broken I contacted GIO on a Sunday afternoon. They organised a glass company to immediately replace the broken window and processed my claim over the phone. I did not have to do a thing. The service was outstanding with absolutely no inconvenience to me.
No complaints

lee88
lee88Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad

suzley

Have always found GIO to be good with auto insurance, building and contents - when they were government and also when they went private. However my last experience: the strata plan insurance was overpaid! I didn't relish the thought of going through a call centre, so I emailed them on evening at about 9pm. At 9.15 the following morning I received a phone call from GIO, discussed the situation with them, they dook my details and said refund would occur straight to my bank account in 5 days. Awesome customer service!

Nothing really

Very good home and content insurance, slightly more expensive compared to other insurance company, but definitely worth the money and all the consultants are very professional
excellent service and very efficient
have to wait for a while to speak to a consultant during peak hours