Mattress Buying Guide

Buying Guide Banner

3.5

Cez P.

Cez P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scam!! Advertised as 20 cm. Only measures 17cm despite letting it sit there overnight. Please don't false Advertise!!

Springy feel, it doesn't feel comfortable at all. After letting it sit upon delivery for over 24 hours it has risen to 17cm. NOT 20cm as advertised. Very disappointing. Want refund!

Purchased in December 2020 for $142.00.

Sleeping Duck Mattress

Looking for Mattresses?

Read the reviews for Sleeping Duck Mattress

4,786 reviews
Ad
Butterfly

ButterflyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really comfortable.

I’ve been sleeping on my mattress for the past 5 months and find it super comfortable and supporting. I prefer it to a more expensive mattress that I have. Very happy

Purchased in March 2019 for $359.00.

Michtill

MichtillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Double bed Memory Foam Mattress, COOL GEL Pocket Spring.

Excellent mattress. I have severe lower back issues and this has made a huge impact on how I feel in the mornings. Feature are
* Comfortable euro top
* High density foam
* 6 turn coil system
* 5 zoned tempered steel pocket springs
* Reinforced edge support for extra strength & durability
* Hypo-allergenic material
* Air mesh fabric sides to facilitate air flow in the mattress
* No turn technology (no need to turn mattress)
* Provides support for all sleeping positions & relieves pressure points.
I highly recommend it.

Mattresses

Find out how Giselle Bedding Premier Top Double compares to other Mattresses

VanessaSydney, NSW

Terrible mattress

I purchased a Giselle Bedding DOUBLE Size Mattress Euro Top Bed Bonnell Spring Foam 21cm from Dick Smith and when I opened it I let it rest for 2 days as recommended but it did not rise and it even feels like there is no foam!! It looks deflated and does not retain its shape at all. It is extremely painful to sleep in because I can feel the springs grinding against my back. I now have back pain due to sleeping on the mattress. I do not recommend anyone to purchase. So unfortunate I paid $190.

Purchased in August 2020 at Dick Smith.

Jpogs83

Jpogs83

Uncomfortable and poor quality

Had one for about three months. Not very comfortable. I can feel the springs. Also the sides have no support at all. If my head is up the end on the edge it sinks. Also the big sewn in label is on the top side which makes it bloody annoying. Overall just really poor quality. Might be cheap but in hindsight I would've prefered a second hand quality mattress. My last mattress was $100 on gumtree and was like new and lasted 5 years. I doubt I'll be living with this for more than a year tbh.

Purchased in December 2019.

Denise

DeniseSouth East Queensland, QLD

The most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on

I really wasn't sure how good this mattress would be as it was very cheap, but I thought I'd give it as go, only $200 to loose if it wasn't good
I can safely say it is the best mattress I have ever slept on. Very, very comfortable but also supportive.
The only negative is I am unsure how long it will last, but I guess at that price if I get a few years out of it I will be happy.
Note - the one I bought was labelled a Kingston Mattress, but I think they are the same thing.

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for $182.40.

Sleeping Duck Mattress

Looking for Mattresses?

Read the reviews for Sleeping Duck Mattress

4,786 reviews
Ad
scootergirl

scootergirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Believe it or not

I brought this bed online and it came rolled up in a box. I thought that it would be thin but it was thick. And I've had it for about 6 months now and it's an amazing bed and I have a bad back. Best mattress I've ever had...

Purchased in April 2018 for $230.00.

Fire hazard

Will be contacting relevant department as this product starting melting and smouldering from the heat of a hair dryer. The top of the mattress got wet so I did what I do with our other mattress blot pat dry and finish off with hairdryer.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Clo clo

Clo cloAdelaide

Double bed

It's comfortable and very good to sleep on. Not to hard not to soft just right. Good to sleep in at night. I would choose a double bed over a single

Date PurchasedApr 2011
Mattresses

Find out how Giselle Bedding Premier Top Double compares to other Mattresses

Ange

AngeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievable for the price

I paid $195.21 for this mattress from a reputable eBay company. Delivered within a week. It came rolled up in a 30kg+ package. Once I opened the plastic packaging it bounced right up and my daughter was able to sleep on it that night.

The pillow top is beautiful and luxurious and I am genuinely surprised at how comfortable it is. Even going to the cheaper furniture stores I could not find a mattress for under $300 that had any comfort but this is great!

I would recommend this mattress to anyone! Whether it's your child, a guest bed or your every day mattress it's absolutely worth it.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
See all Giselle Bedding Premier Top reviews

Diahanna S.

Diahanna S.asked

Double

I am 60kgs and 80 years old, with a bad knee and about to have a hip replacement. Which mattress would you recommend

Hi Diahanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Sorry to hear about your bad knee situation.

It would depends on your sleeping position preference. If you're a side sleeper, you would need a softer mattress to provide contour support for your knees and hips. If you're a back and stomach sleeper, you would need a firmer surface mattress to provide an overall support for your spine.

For knee pain user, it's recommended to add a pillow in between your legs if you're a side sleeper, or adding a pillow beneath your legs if you're a back sleeper.

We would recommend a hybrid mattress that combines multiple layers of foam and inner spring for better pressure relief and support.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or the online authorised seller that you're planning to purchasing from.

Thank you.

Regards,
Velerie - Giselle Bedding Team.

Denise H.

Denise H.asked

Double

Just received ny mattress. Supposed to be 21cm but it isn't. Itvis onlt 18 so far. Will mattress expand to this size?

Hi Denise,

Congratulations on getting our Giselle Bedding Mattress!

Please allow 24 hours for a full expansion as it's been machine compressed, it'll require some time to be fully expanded.

If you have any further concern in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us or your seller for confirmation.

Regards,
Velerie - Giselle Bedding Team.

Haylee

Hayleeasked

Double

How do i get the smell out of a new giselle premier top double? Ive been airing it out in a warm room with the window open a bit but it still smells after 3 days. Im pregnant and worried the gasses it's omitting might be harmful to my unborn baby.

Hi Haylee,

We are sorry that the mattress has smell that is not going away. It is normal that some mattresses have smell that lingers longer after unpacking. But please reassure that our mattresses are tested and guaranteed safe from toxic and harmful chemicals. It is not recommended to stay in the room if the smell is still lingering in the room to avoid any discomfort.

Just confirming is your mattress a memory foam or innerspring mattress? Is it possible for you to put a fan or dehumidifier in the room to air it out?

If the issue still persist, we can arrange a replacement for you. Please do let me know if I can help you further on this issue.

Thank you.

FirmnessMedium
SizeDouble
Thickness31 cm
Compare all 4 Giselle Bedding Premier Top

• GTIN13: 9350062076231, 9350062078242, 9350062079553, 9350062194522 and 9355720003826

Sleeping Duck MattressAd