G.J. Gardner Homes SA, Onkaparinga

G.J. Gardner Homes SA, Onkaparinga

Terrible

Everything [name removed] said and more. Couldn't make building a house any more difficult. Extremely unethical conduct regarding the timing and demands for progress payments to be made, issuing of stop works notice without justification and threats to charge interest. I also had to waste money on a lawyer. Heaps of things remain unfinished on my home and they never fixed the maintenance defects, even though hand over was some time ago. I communicated all this to GJ head office along the way and they never got back to me on any of it.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Alex Sorry to hear that you had problems with your building experience, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss, as we want to address any customer concern. My email is sa@gjgardner.com.au, Please email me your phone number and I will give you a call. Thank you and have a lovely day. Sue Dilena General Manager G.J. Gardner Homes South Australia

Not perfect

I do not normally write reviews, but our experience was so opposite to the previous reviewer of G.J. Gardner Onkaparinga that I felt compelled to write this . We did not sign our contract for a small custom design house until after it was submitted to council so it was clear what was on the plan and in the contract. We had a fixed price and fixed term with what we believed was a reputable quality builder. We assumed the contract/plan would be followed.
What followed was 13 stressful months (the fixed term in the contract was 6 months) with many unexplained delays and infrequent and unreliable communication. However, the most upsetting incident was when they declared practical completion and demanded payment, including threats of a fine and penalties for late payment, for a house that was non compliant and under an Enforcement Notice from Council. Under the terms of the Enforcement Notice the house could not be lived in until built to the plan submitted to council. We needed a lawyer to defend us.
At no stage did GJ Gardner inform us of the Enforcement Notice or that we would be unable to live in the house. They took an additional 2 months to bring the house to a compliant standard. Since handover we have had no reliable communication regarding defects. For us the whole experience has been traumatic and not as advertised by GJ Gardner.

Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateNovember 2018
Hi Julie thank you for letting us know of your issues with your build. Our aim to is to ensure our clients are happy with their new home. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your issues. Thanks again for letting us know. Sue Dilena G.J. Gardner Homes South AustraliaWill you fix the leaking roof? Will you fix the front facade? Other defects?This will make me happy.

Just perfect!!

Our dream house is now complete and we can’t thank the Gjgardner team at Old Reynella enough. From the first meeting we new we were in great hands, Jamie and Adrian were so helpful in bringing our vision to a reality nothing was to much trouble. We were very happy with the price and build time for our custom design and this didn’t change throughout the build. Thanks to Shawna in Admin for making all the process run so smooth. We had the best site supervisor Gary who was outstanding what a perfectionist and this now shows in our finished product. I can highly recommend if you are thinking of building having a look at the Gjgardner team you wont be disappointed.

Build LocationSouth Australia
Office LocationSA, Onkaparinga
Construction End DateSep 2018
Thank you Greg for your incredibly kind words. We have very much enjoyed working with you also. From everyone here at GJ Gardner Homes, we wish you and your family all the best for the future!!

Why is it that GJ Gardner withdrew there franchise arrangement with GJ Gardner Onkaparinga 1 day before they closed for business? What happened to "GJ+ Commitment to You"?
Hi Julie Thanks for question. Our commitment to you is strong and will give you a call today as I know you will have some questions. Sue General Manager G.J. Gardner Homes South AustraliaHi Sue, Two months later and no commitment, just talk. For the leaking roof I was directed to the tradesman who built the roof who wasnt paid.. Roof still leaks. Where is "GJ+Commtment to You"? Still not as advertised.Hi Julie My apologies for any concerns you have. At G.J. Gardner Homes your happiness in your new home is very important to us and we want to work with you to resolve your concerns . Please do not hesitate to contact Kris or myself to work through this with you. Sue Dilena G.J. Gardner Homes South Australia General Manager

Compare all G.J. Gardner Homes