Gliderol Garage Doors Questions & Answers

62 questions from our users

Ryan

Ryanasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

We washed the door and now when its down it continues to beep 3 times every couple seconds

Ameer

Ameerasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

My garage door does not close electrically.it opens normal. any ideas?
Glycerol.

William Steele

William Steeleasked

VIC, Dandenong South

I have a blown 24V bulb in my Gliderol panel lift garage door. Where can I purchase replacement bulbs ?

Shaun V.

Shaun V.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

My Gliderol gets garage door struggles to open and stops after opening slightly. Can anyone help??

Gagan B.

Gagan B.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hey my shutter isn’t going down properly how do i fix it ?

Carolyn B.

Carolyn B.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hi why does my Gliderol controller box beep continuesly when its been raining

Krizza H

Krizza Hasked

Hi
I have 2 gliderol door

I managed to sync the back door. But the front one won’t sync.
I did the exact same procedure. Pressed learn and pressed remote button. But it does nothing

The motor was working a week ago. On another remote and it now won’t work on that remote either?

Any ideas how to fix it

Natalie Ofner

Natalie Ofnerasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

We tried manual operation, as power outage nearby last night - thought we should know how to put into manual mode. Worked it out but door will only open half way - not sure why - can anyone help? Thank you

Mazzab

woopsie was replying to Natalie and then submitted the reply without completing same! So. Natalie you have given me a jolt in that I had not even considered what to do in such circumstances as a blackout! Must no go and read the instructions in this regard. Also re the problems that I had with the door going up and being disengaged due to a wire coil coming loose and being wrapped around part of the door. Also I must now respond also to my original complete re this problem with the door, seemingly it may no have been the fault of the actual door itself, rather that the fault lay in the manner in which the door was installed. Seemingly it was not set level., hence the problem. I will just wait and see, but hope that I do not have a repeat performance!

Andy Dingwallasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Can anyone give me advice on why my remote batteries need replaced Avery few weeks? I am constantly having to replace the batteries ,this as after very few activations.

Mazzab

check out the brand of batteries perhaps?

Andy Dingwall

Tried different brands and using the correct model number on batteries still only lasting a few days.

Mazzab

Perhaps you should contact Gliderol direct with this problem, and perhaps also advise them of this Review web site

Gee Cee

Gee Ceeasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

I have a 5 year old gliderol sectional garage door and have had no problems with it's operation however I've noticed small flakes of paint coming off the top panel and bulkhead only. My neighbour has a very similar looking garage door (number of panels, size and colour finish) that has the very same issue but I'm yet to ask him of the brand. I don't live near the beach, don't store any corrosive products and only used water to wash the door. Seems odd that none of the other panels have this problem and that my neighbour's door has the same issue. Anyone else had this problem?

Mazzab

sorry cannot assist, however my issue with the failure of the gliderol door within me using it in the first week that I occupied my new home, may have been caused by the incorrect installation. It would seem that the door was not level!!!????.

Mark K.

Mark K.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

glideroll gts 2000 door opens but does not close i close it manually then push it back up beeps 3 times then works re-ocurring problem please help

Don Johnson
Don Johnson

Replace door, do not buy this brand again. The quality is very poor.

Tom F

Tom Fasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

I have a glideol GTS model and when the door closes fully it automatically reopens on its own.
Is there something simple for this problem to be foxed.

Berry
Berry

Same model and the same problem just started - it closes but reopens - Did you find a fix for this Tom F? Seems you didn't get a response from anyone here...
Can anyone help with this?

Donna C.
Donna C.

I am in same boat! Blooming thing stuck up. Can't get it down. Remote not working, tried replacing battery with no luck. All Gliderol offices closed for weekend!!! In a major pickle as my house is now exposed to all passersby. Any other emergency helplines??

Jack M.

Jack M.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

How do l attach a new sender unit to an old Gliderol control box? (1998 )

Peter E

Peter Easked

Gliderol Garage Doors

When my gliderol door is nearly closing, it makes a loud “ crashing” noise. The door has been lubricated with furniture polish without success. The door was serviced but it made little difference . Any ideas?

NO N.

NO N.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Door is stuck halfway up in manual mode help

Mork

Hi No N. regarding your door please call your local Gliderol dealer for a service call they are the best people to assist you wether it be a new track or any other hardware etc. Good luck cheers

sanjay164

sanjay164asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Sometimes the Gliderol Garage doors open automatically? We were in holiday and our neighbor said that your garage door is open, when we check our cctv, it opens without any reason?
Can someone say why it does that????

Mork

Hi Sanjay you might want to change the code on your remote & motor as you might have a neighbour with the same code and when they are at a appropriate distance they might be inadvertently opening your door.
Cheers

Chris pericleous

Chris pericleousasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

The door stops when I remove my finger from the control button. I have to keep pressing the button.

Mork

Hi Chris my doors go up or down with having to press the remote button to stop and reverse the direction, call your local service agent or Google your problem and Youtube is always a good source of problem solving.
Please note i am only a customer/client/user with building trade experience. Always good to call the company

lan j.
lan j.

Hi Chris,did you resolve the problem,my door is doing the same thing, called up Gliderol technical support they said download the manual or call out one of our repairers for $130.Gliderol tech support =0.

Susan C.

Susan C.asked

SA, Gliderol Warranty (Head Office)

Cost of Garage door + adding to carport?

Mork

Hi Susan, I am only a consumer & a happy one at that we have used other companies for other renovations and found Gliderol the best product, service and price. For your carport try a Fielders store or a local tradie from your local paper, the closer to home the more reliable they seem to be. cheers

Kathy F.

Kathy F.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

my door has stared to stop about an inch from the bottom . it is only 2 years old

Rob H.

Rob H.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Wife tried to reconfigure a remote she put in the washing machine. Now nothing works and it beeps twice.

Brad M
Brad M

We dropped a remote in to a coffee cup. Dried it out and took it to Battery World who had a look and was told to try it. Worked like a dream

aceasil
aceasil

The remote is probably damaged and you'll need to get a new one. They are pretty cheap on ebay. Anyway, if/when you get a new one you'll need to program it. There are a couple of vides on YouTube with instructions on this. But basically remove the cover of the Powerhead (the box with the motor in it), locate a small red button on the circuit board, press the red button and a light close to it will light up. Press the main button on your remote and that should do it. The remote should be programmed. Hope this helps :-).