Gliderol Garage Doors

Online Store, Physical Store

55 questions from our users

Natalie Ofner

Natalie Ofnerasked

We tried manual operation, as power outage nearby last night - thought we should know how to put into manual mode. Worked it out but door will only open half way - not sure why - can anyone help? Thank you

Mazzab

woopsie was replying to Natalie and then submitted the reply without completing same! So. Natalie you have given me a jolt in that I had not even considered what to do in such circumstances as a blackout! Must no go and read the instructions in this regard. Also re the problems that I had with the door going up and being disengaged due to a wire coil coming loose and being wrapped around part of the door. Also I must now respond also to my original complete re this problem with the door, seemingly it may no have been the fault of the actual door itself, rather that the fault lay in the manner in which the door was installed. Seemingly it was not set level., hence the problem. I will just wait and see, but hope that I do not have a repeat performance!

Andy Dingwallasked

Can anyone give me advice on why my remote batteries need replaced Avery few weeks? I am constantly having to replace the batteries ,this as after very few activations.

Mazzab

check out the brand of batteries perhaps?

Andy Dingwall

Tried different brands and using the correct model number on batteries still only lasting a few days.

Mazzab

Perhaps you should contact Gliderol direct with this problem, and perhaps also advise them of this Review web site

Gee Cee

Gee Ceeasked

I have a 5 year old gliderol sectional garage door and have had no problems with it's operation however I've noticed small flakes of paint coming off the top panel and bulkhead only. My neighbour has a very similar looking garage door (number of panels, size and colour finish) that has the very same issue but I'm yet to ask him of the brand. I don't live near the beach, don't store any corrosive products and only used water to wash the door. Seems odd that none of the other panels have this problem and that my neighbour's door has the same issue. Anyone else had this problem?

Mazzab

sorry cannot assist, however my issue with the failure of the gliderol door within me using it in the first week that I occupied my new home, may have been caused by the incorrect installation. It would seem that the door was not level!!!????.

Mark K.

Mark K.asked

glideroll gts 2000 door opens but does not close i close it manually then push it back up beeps 3 times then works re-ocurring problem please help

Don Johnson
Don Johnson

Replace door, do not buy this brand again. The quality is very poor.

Tom F

Tom Fasked

I have a glideol GTS model and when the door closes fully it automatically reopens on its own.
Is there something simple for this problem to be foxed.

Berry
Berry

Same model and the same problem just started - it closes but reopens - Did you find a fix for this Tom F? Seems you didn't get a response from anyone here...
Can anyone help with this?

Donna C.
Donna C.

I am in same boat! Blooming thing stuck up. Can't get it down. Remote not working, tried replacing battery with no luck. All Gliderol offices closed for weekend!!! In a major pickle as my house is now exposed to all passersby. Any other emergency helplines??

Jack M.

Jack M.asked

How do l attach a new sender unit to an old Gliderol control box? (1998 )

Peter E

Peter Easked

When my gliderol door is nearly closing, it makes a loud “ crashing” noise. The door has been lubricated with furniture polish without success. The door was serviced but it made little difference . Any ideas?

NO N.

NO N.asked

Door is stuck halfway up in manual mode help

Mork

Hi No N. regarding your door please call your local Gliderol dealer for a service call they are the best people to assist you wether it be a new track or any other hardware etc. Good luck cheers

sanjay164

sanjay164asked

Sometimes the Gliderol Garage doors open automatically? We were in holiday and our neighbor said that your garage door is open, when we check our cctv, it opens without any reason?
Can someone say why it does that????

Mork

Hi Sanjay you might want to change the code on your remote & motor as you might have a neighbour with the same code and when they are at a appropriate distance they might be inadvertently opening your door.
Cheers

Chris pericleous

Chris pericleousasked

The door stops when I remove my finger from the control button. I have to keep pressing the button.

Mork

Hi Chris my doors go up or down with having to press the remote button to stop and reverse the direction, call your local service agent or Google your problem and Youtube is always a good source of problem solving.
Please note i am only a customer/client/user with building trade experience. Always good to call the company

lan j.
lan j.

Hi Chris,did you resolve the problem,my door is doing the same thing, called up Gliderol technical support they said download the manual or call out one of our repairers for $130.Gliderol tech support =0.

Susan C.

Susan C.asked

SA, Gliderol Warranty (Head Office)

Cost of Garage door + adding to carport?

Mork

Hi Susan, I am only a consumer & a happy one at that we have used other companies for other renovations and found Gliderol the best product, service and price. For your carport try a Fielders store or a local tradie from your local paper, the closer to home the more reliable they seem to be. cheers

Kathy F.

Kathy F.asked

my door has stared to stop about an inch from the bottom . it is only 2 years old

Rob H.

Rob H.asked

Wife tried to reconfigure a remote she put in the washing machine. Now nothing works and it beeps twice.

Brad M

We dropped a remote in to a coffee cup. Dried it out and took it to Battery World who had a look and was told to try it. Worked like a dream

aceasil

The remote is probably damaged and you'll need to get a new one. They are pretty cheap on ebay. Anyway, if/when you get a new one you'll need to program it. There are a couple of vides on YouTube with instructions on this. But basically remove the cover of the Powerhead (the box with the motor in it), locate a small red button on the circuit board, press the red button and a light close to it will light up. Press the main button on your remote and that should do it. The remote should be programmed. Hope this helps :-).

Kerrie M.

Kerrie M.asked

Does anyone know how many remotes controllers can be programmed for glider door?

Geoff C.

Geoff C.asked

My Glidermstic gts+ closes after 90sec have set controller to off but door still does close the same . Can I erase controller or is it impossible thanks

Phil C.asked

When My neighbor opens there roller door our s opens , how can I stop this ?

Anton

Either you or your neighbour need to erase the remote codes and reprogram them Phil...do you have the same type of motor?

Don’t know

Phil C.

Tried to reprogram , but seems it has worked

Eswar G.

Eswar G.asked

Hi anybody can help or suggest my glideroll garage door is not operating when I press the remote I can just hear the beeping sound but the door does not move at all. Can some one help me out

Brad M

At least mine closed but would not stay closed. We ended up getting a technician in who knew what he was doing and had to reset everything

roger l.
roger l.

Where was your technician based?

Is it a Roller Door?

Murat A.

Murat A.asked

I have a glidermatic gts motor and I’m trying to sync a tm390 remote, is it compatible?

Pretty sure the GTS uses TM305c

Aaron Kasked

Hi the press button on my black control box will not open or close my door. How do I fix this? Aaron

Chutz
Chutz

No idea sorry I do not work for Gliderol I only bought a door from them which was junk.

What a shame!

aceasil

I'm having the same issue which started just today. When you press the black button do you get a continuous beeping?

Phil

Philasked

During a blackout I had to pull the red cord to release the roller door and open it manually. After power came back I tried to get it back to auto and every time I press the remote button the light on the motor box comes on and I get 2 beeps, but motor is not driving the chain. Any ideas?

aceasil

Hi. I'm having a similar problem. Did you get yours sorted?