Gliderol Garage Doors Questions & Answers

71 questions from our users

Simon J.

Simon J.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

How do I fit a new weather seal on a door. Do I remove a side track to gain access?

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reaching out regarding replacing the seal on your Gliderol door!

Yes, you would need to remove the side tracks in order to replace the seal - this one is definitely a 2 man job! We suggest one person feeds through the seal and the other slides it along until fully in place and it can be handy to use some soapy water to help lubricate the area.

If you run into any issues or would like to arrange for a service technician to assist with this please feel free to contact us on 1300 799 177 and a member of our team can organise this for you.

Jakob K.

Jakob K.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

How do I stop the door from not staying down

Hi Jakob,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your Gliderol products!

Whilst it is difficult to assess the specific cause of the issue without reviewing your door, it does sound like your door travel limits might need to be reprogrammed.

When your garage door and automatic opener are initially installed, your opener is configured to suit your specific garage/carport - this includes programming your doors limits to tell your opener where the 'open' and 'closed' position is. This gives the opener the info it needs to help make your door travel at the right speed/force to ensure it fully opens and closes as expected.

Alternatively, we do have step-by-step guides to assist you in reprogramming your doors travel limits available on our website (https://www.gliderol.com.au/operator-programming/).

We do hope this helps and if we can assist any further please feel free to contacts us.

steve h.

steve h.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hi, I’ve had the door for years and it’s worked fine until recently where it will go up but not down. I’ll press the remote (or box) and it’ll lift then if I press it again it’ll stop then the next time it’s pressed it goes up again instead of down. Help?

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles with your Gliderol products!

It can be a bit tricky to try and diagnose a door issue without reviewing it, but this sounds like an issue with your automatic openers electronics.

It could be a simple programming issue (please refer Door Travel Limits info below) though as you indicated you've had your door for a number of years so it is possible there maybe more to the problem.

In the absence of these limits, your door may not have the info it needs to safely close which can lead to the types of issues you're experiencing.

Openers are typically reprogrammed during your regular service to maintain smooth operation. We would recommend calling your local Gliderol office on 1300 799 177 and a member of our team can arrange for a service technician in your area to you contact you. They would be able to reprogram your opener or supply and fit a new electronic component if required.

Marina Delac

Marina Delacasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

What does it mean when all the panel lights are lit on my Gildermatc GRF+

Hi Marina,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your Gliderol Glidermatic GRD+ unit.

If I'm understanding correctly the courtesy light located on the wall mounted Control Box (which is programmed to remain on for a short period of time after operation for user convenience) that operates your roller door is remaining lit - is that right?

Without looking at the unit it would be difficult to confirm but typically, in order for this to happen there would have to be damage on the circuit board preventing it from timing out. This isn't something we've really come across too often, on the rare occasions we have seen it, it's usually when water has dripped into the Control Box, causing damage to a portion of the board.

As this issue involves circuit boards, it might be best to try and have this resolved in person as this would be difficult to troubleshoot remotely. I would recommend contacting your local Gliderol office on 1300 799 177 and a member of our service team can arrange for a service technician to investigate.

We do hope this helps and if we can provide any further information please feel free to contact us again.

Suru

Suruasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Why my remote battery drains out very quick.

Hi Suru,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your Gliderol remote.

Are you able to advise the approx age of the remote and model please? If you're not sure what kind of remote you have, there are images of our range available on our website (https://www.gliderol.com.au/shop/).

This will help us get to the bottom of the issue!

Katarina Z.

Katarina Z.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

My overhead door operator for my garage now when it opens or closes it beeps 3 times and lights flash with it. Only when it’s starting to open and as it’s fully closed..

Hi Katarina,

I'm sorry to hear about the recent issues you've been having with your Gliderol opener.

Whilst we couldn't be sure without looking at the unit, it sounds all the programming that would have been configured when your unit is installed has dropped out - this can sometimes happen after a blackout if the power fluctuates/surges when coming back online.

As this programming would include your door travel limits info as well as your force settings we would recommend calling your local Gliderol office on 1300 799 177 and a member of our team can arrange for a service technician in your area to you contact you. They would be able to reprogram your opener to ensure smooth operation or diagnose any other problem causing these issues.

Alternatively, we do have step-by-step guides to assist you in reprogramming your opener available on our website (https://www.gliderol.com.au/operator-programming/), though as this would require a full configuration, particularly the force setting (to ensure the door would auto-reverse in the event an object or a person were obstructing the opening), from a safety perspective it might be best to get a technician to handle this one!

We do hope this helps and if we can provide any further details please feel free to contact us again.

Gil Rapkins.

Gil Rapkins.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Can doors in the fully down position be manually opened by a thief using crowbar or lever? Is there a brake or lock on the motor or gearbox to prevent opening from the outside? How secure are the remote programming procedures?

Hi Gil,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the safety of Gliderol products.

Gliderol considers the safety and security of it's products to be one of our highest priorities and there are many features in place to prevent unwanted access and keep your home and property safe.

All Gliderol openers feature Gide·A·Code security encryption which utilizes rolling code technology with a combination range of over 2 billion codes, meaning the coded signal communicated between your automatic opener and its remotes is constantly changing, preventing unwanted access from unknown devices.

Furthermore, Gliderol Roller Doors with Automatic Openers include an auto protection feature, meaning that if the door is forced open manually, the drive unit automatically engages downward to force the door closed - certain units will also sound a continuous 'beep' alert to draw attention.

By their nature, Gliderol Panel·Glide sectional doors are fixed in at multiple points to the tracks which are securely fixed into the brickwork/posts inside your home or carport. Access could only be gained by breaking through the metal of the door or the brickwork or by ripping the door from the tracks - this would take immense force and could really only be achieved by driving a vehicle into the door at considerable speed.

As with any entry point to your home/property including windows or swing and sliding doors, there is always potential for extreme force to be used to gain access. In reality, trying to access via a Gliderol garage door featuring the safety measures our products offer would typically require too much force and create far too much noise to be desirable to any unwanted intruders.

Additionally, we also offer optional extras including a security alarm kit (to be installed by a licensed electrician) to include your garage door in your homes security alarm service.

We do hope this information is helpful and if we can provide any further detail please feel free to contact our team on 1300 799 177 to discuss.

Ralph S

Ralph Sasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

None of my gliderol remotes work, unless I'm close to the controller. I've changed the batteries a few times, but this doesn't fix the problem. Can you suggest how to remedy this issue.

Mark

Markasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hi, I have a Gliderol GTS 200 and what to install the meross smart door opener, can someone advise the location of the 2 wall button terminals on the motor unit.

Ryan

Ryanasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

We washed the door and now when its down it continues to beep 3 times every couple seconds

Ameer

Ameerasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

My garage door does not close electrically.it opens normal. any ideas?
Glycerol.

William Steele

William Steeleasked

VIC, Dandenong South

I have a blown 24V bulb in my Gliderol panel lift garage door. Where can I purchase replacement bulbs ?

Shaun V.

Shaun V.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

My Gliderol gets garage door struggles to open and stops after opening slightly. Can anyone help??

Gagan B.

Gagan B.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hey my shutter isn’t going down properly how do i fix it ?

Carolyn B.

Carolyn B.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hi why does my Gliderol controller box beep continuesly when its been raining

Krizza H

Krizza Hasked

Hi
I have 2 gliderol door

I managed to sync the back door. But the front one won’t sync.
I did the exact same procedure. Pressed learn and pressed remote button. But it does nothing

The motor was working a week ago. On another remote and it now won’t work on that remote either?

Any ideas how to fix it

Natalie Ofner

Natalie Ofnerasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

We tried manual operation, as power outage nearby last night - thought we should know how to put into manual mode. Worked it out but door will only open half way - not sure why - can anyone help? Thank you

Mazzab

woopsie was replying to Natalie and then submitted the reply without completing same! So. Natalie you have given me a jolt in that I had not even considered what to do in such circumstances as a blackout! Must no go and read the instructions in this regard. Also re the problems that I had with the door going up and being disengaged due to a wire coil coming loose and being wrapped around part of the door. Also I must now respond also to my original complete re this problem with the door, seemingly it may no have been the fault of the actual door itself, rather that the fault lay in the manner in which the door was installed. Seemingly it was not set level., hence the problem. I will just wait and see, but hope that I do not have a repeat performance!

Andy Dingwallasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Can anyone give me advice on why my remote batteries need replaced Avery few weeks? I am constantly having to replace the batteries ,this as after very few activations.

Mazzab

check out the brand of batteries perhaps?

Andy Dingwall

Tried different brands and using the correct model number on batteries still only lasting a few days.

Mazzab

Perhaps you should contact Gliderol direct with this problem, and perhaps also advise them of this Review web site

Gee Cee

Gee Ceeasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

I have a 5 year old gliderol sectional garage door and have had no problems with it's operation however I've noticed small flakes of paint coming off the top panel and bulkhead only. My neighbour has a very similar looking garage door (number of panels, size and colour finish) that has the very same issue but I'm yet to ask him of the brand. I don't live near the beach, don't store any corrosive products and only used water to wash the door. Seems odd that none of the other panels have this problem and that my neighbour's door has the same issue. Anyone else had this problem?

Mazzab

sorry cannot assist, however my issue with the failure of the gliderol door within me using it in the first week that I occupied my new home, may have been caused by the incorrect installation. It would seem that the door was not level!!!????.

Mark K.

Mark K.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

glideroll gts 2000 door opens but does not close i close it manually then push it back up beeps 3 times then works re-ocurring problem please help

Don Johnson
Don Johnson

Replace door, do not buy this brand again. The quality is very poor.

Get an answer from our members and Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation representatives