1.9

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (18)
  • Job Satisfaction
COC

COCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic service and great product

Mark came and quoted a new garage door for our renovation and suggested a new insulated sectional door. We accepted the quote and the door was scheduled for installation in 4 weeks. It was installed on time and looks great and works perfectly. Great SA company

Store LocationHolden Hill SA
Gliderol G.Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with our team and we're thrilled to hear you're happy with your new Gliderol products!

LiyoSouth Australia

Very bad customer service

New garage door , motor faulty in two weeks, booked warranty service, no one came, call them, then the staff don't know anything and they blaming each other. Booked again this week, still no one came, and they said the person is sick. Their sounds like they don't have any responsibility.

Store LocationS A
Liyo

Thanks for your good response.

PHILL

PHILLHunter Region, NSW

Glide a crap

Please think again before you buy one had our shed built just three years ago it came with gliderol doors one auto opener was never working right after many calls to the shed builder Allgal never got any response . The door remote would work sometimes then would not have get out of car wave it around at the door to get to open. After putting up with it so long had enough rang then they sent a man out today who told me remote receiver was no good $300 plus $145 install to fix it . Other door openers warrant there doors for 5 to 7 years so please look elsewhere or be annoyed right off like me

alfredo

alfredoVictoria

Most awful service possible, truly unprofessional

Unclear about their prices and services. They will say what their services are and how much it will cost but then they will charge you more and tell you that this is what you always talked about when you did not. They do not send an estimate just talk over the phone and of course after their service will send an invoice. Make sure to get your warranty signed otherwise they will not bother telling you.

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid like the plague

Door sounds terrible - clunks and whines so loudly it can be heard by our neighbour across the street. Service tech says the sound is coming from the motor but Gliderol don't want to take any responsibility for their faulty product even though it's only 2 1/2 years since installation in a new home.

Bruce

BruceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gliderol Garage Doors; Great product works well.

We have had a Gliderol Glidermatic Garage door for 25 years and 1 service by Fantastic Garage Doors during the years- we have decided to replace it with a new Gliderol Door as we have been very pleased with Gliderol Products and Fantastic Garage Doors is doing the replacement work - Ohh there isn’t any wrong with the Old door just that it is old and should be retired after 25 successfully working well at all times. And still going strong. Anyone want a second hand Gliderol Garage Door its still works well.

Terrible

Called Gliderol to come and look at door. told me they would ring an hour before turning up but did not.
booked job in - gave rough time did not turn up as were too busy with other jobs. booked another day at specific time. did not turn up. rang them and they said they had to reschedule. I told them not to bother

Henpecked

Henpeckedsouth australia, 5043

Adelaide Install - on time, on budget, Sales person quote and installer both V good.

Shane came and quoted, almost exactly 4 weeks later, Luke came and installed. It was on time, on budget, and a very clean install. Shane was one of the more competent guys who came to quote from various businesses, Luke was clean, tidy, knew what he was doing and was perhaps their most experienced sub-contractor.
I was very happy with both of these guys, I think your experience clearly depends upon who you get and how well your shed/garage/carport is built and prepared. I also think your own attitude may well play a part.
I don't know about longevity as yet , but I'm very happy to recommend both these guys here in Adelaide.
I'll report back in 12 months

Store LocationAdelaide
Maudie

Maudie

Please keep the door shut

We had quite a few issues with the automation of our Gliderol Roller door and finally had a replacement motor sent to us. All has been going reasonably well until 6 months ago. Frequently when using the remote to close the door (on our way out) we come home to find the door fully open??? And so it needs resetting... frequently. Not good to go out presuming your home is safely locked up but that tricky little gadget (the remote) or (the motor) thinks otherwise. And so after all the issues we have had right from the day of purchase I would not recommend a Gliderol Roller Door for your garage. This unit is only 4 yrs 6 months old. Don't feel like the expense of replacing it.

Melinda

MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service.

Garage door company that installed a Gliderol door for a client. Terrible oil canning. Finally got the to replace panels. Still oil canning. No help from this company. Will never recommend their doors as they say oil canning is to their standard. I wouldn’t like it on my house so why should they supply like that. Will not compensate the client in any way or refund even part of their money. Or replace. Makes our business look incompetent. “Up to their standards”. Their standard is terrible. Do not ever recommend Or use Gliderol doors.

MazzabSouth East Queensland, QLD

6 days of use in new lifestyle village build - door not able to be used - cannot lock my home!-

Tricia

TriciaPerth, WA

Never buy this brand

Our builder used Gliderol. After a year the bottom rusted. As they are no longer in WA it was their agent that quoted over $1000 to replace one section. Its better value for money to buy a complete new door of a different brand.

Andrew M.

Andrew M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted 7 months

My original roller door not a glide roller lasted 14 years. Had a gliderol door fitted after my original door damaged by wind. Gliderol door lasted 7 months. The tracks bent and the door had stress ripples throughout. Contacted gliderol and they said as wind caused it no warranty. They would send someone out at my cost. Were not interested at all. Door has now been replaced.

Don Johnson

Don JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible low quality junk!

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless company.

Amanda C.

Amanda C.

Biggest piece of junk I’ve come across

Donna M.

Donna M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do NOT use this company

They replaced 2 existing doors to our house and in the process of this install cracked and damaged the brick piers. Follow them up numerous times they do not respond and this was va email and phone calls and no response until you mention your next stop is Consumer Affairs and then they start quoting the terms of their warranty does not cover any damage they cause to your property during the install process.
I would not recommend them to anyone!!

James D.

James D.

Return customer

Have used Gliderol for many years and have never had a problem with any of their doors.
Always provided us with good quality Australian made doors.
The GRD factory fit motors are great for jobs with minimal sideroom.

Store LocationSmithfield

Stas

Stasasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hi iv broken my old remote Controller for my garage doors iv just got a after market remote with a b c d on I'm having trouble getting it to link up to the box iv pressed the red button button it's not working dose enny one got enny idea or help please

Hi Stats,

Unfortunately we're not familiar with this style of remote, though the circuit board inside the Control Box would definitely need to be used to program any remote to open your door.

Should you require a replacement Gliderol remote these are available from your local Gliderol office or online (https://www.gliderol.com.au/shop/). We also offer instructions on how to program new Gliderol remotes on our website which may be of some assistance (https://www.gliderol.com.au/remote-programming/).

Hope this helps!

Wardie3asked

NSW, Smithfield

Where can I buy a replacement panel for my Gliderol Door? I damaged the bottom panel and want to replace it myself.

Gliderol G.Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation

Hello, thanks for reaching out regarding a replacement panel for your Gliderol door. Individual panels can be ordered via Gliderol or your local Gliderol dealer. We'd recommend contacting the original company that installed the door as they will have the relevant info on file, though if this isn't possible please feel free to contact us directly on 1300 799 177 and we can get the ball rolling for you!

Wardie3

ok, thanks for the quick reply. I will send specs and photos asap. I damaged the bottom panel on our left hand door with my car’s roof racks becasue it wan’t closed 100%, so the bottom edge is wonky, but I managed to get it straightened out enough that it functions properly.
I did get a quote from an installer, but he kept pushing replacing the door, and since a new door wouldn’t match the other door (right side), both doors would have to be replaced.
If I could just buy a new panel of the same style and colour, I will install it myself as I have already taken the damaged panel off and re.installed it when I had it straightened out. If I can’t do it myself, at worst I’d have to call an installer for a repair visit.
I will het back to you asap.
Harold Ward

Gliderol G.Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation

Thanks Harold - depending on the age of the door it is possible that there may be some differences in styles, but our team will be able to go through this with you and find a solution that works. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Nerolie M.

Nerolie M.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

I have Two roll up doors about 6 m high with a chain as it’s opener. My problem is the chains keep coming off the wheel.As I am a 68 year old woman I have to ring a friend to come put them back on. To me it looks like there should be some sort of cover over the chain at top or a deeper wheel. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi Nerolie,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue.

I think in this instance a picture might speak a thousand words! If possible, would you please be able to email a picture of the end of the roller door (where the opener and chain is) along with your contact details to customersupport@gliderol.com.au - I can then follow this up with our Service and Spare Parts Department and let you know if anything is amiss!

We do hope this helps and if you’d like to discuss this issue in detail please feel free to contact your local Gliderol team on 1300 799 177.

See all Gliderol Garage Doors questions

Get an answer from our members and Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation representatives

Compare all 5 Gliderol Garage Doors
CategoryOnline Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window Shops
Compare all 5 Gliderol Garage Doors