Gliderol Garage Doors

Gliderol Garage Doors (page 2 of 3)

Online Store, Physical Store

1.8

• Job Satisfaction

Terrible!!! Builders please don’t use this brand.

Got a new house built in WA, house about 3 years old got two doors installed had nothing but trouble, they don’t even sell or service them here now, office staff weren’t nice either, I’ve decided just to replace them, I’d advice to stay away, thanks.

Michael Wilson

Michael WilsonMunno Para

Very bad service

I ordered garage door repair specialists twice from this company, because garage door under warranty, but they came twice, and the door after these visits has the same defects - the door touches the brick wall. I must write a request for Consumer and Business Affairs and recommend a construction company that has built my house, stop using Glilderol Garage Doors as a supplier and installer of garage doors because this company destroys the reputation of a construction company. I am completely dissatisfied with the service of Glilderol Doors.

richardg

richardg

So far so good after 5 years

I had a Glidermatic GTS 2000 installed in Feb 2013 and has been trouble free for 5 years and we use it twice daily in average which is great, considering I never had it serviced. It failed for the first time last night where it could only open for up to 1 metre high. After inspecting the overhead chain, it appeared that the chain location clip was in the wrong spot. I dug out the manual and went straight to the trouble-shooting page, and found the solution. I had to open the Powerhead cover and reprogram the limits which were pretty straight forward and took about 10 mins to do. I then greased the chain and hopefully it will last me for another 4 to 5 years.

Sunny

SunnyMelbourne

Terrbile service

Got garage door through Metricon, had a problem w wheels & was told that factory faulty but didn't fixed w new ones. After 10 months later seems too noisy to open & close the door so called service. Now it's not warranty so they want me to pay for the service.
Why don't they fix properly when it was under warranty? Sent email about this issue more than 2 weeks ago, still haven't got any reply back. So much ripped off.
Can't believe this.

Terrible! Beeping issues!

The control box of Gliderol never stops beeping! Initially for 3-4 month’s it worked fine! And then all of a sudden, the control box has started beeping! We have to keep switching it off and then on! Useless product try and avoid it!

RickD

RickD

Gliderol Garage Doors - Faulty Products & Worst Customer Service nightmare. Strongly Don't recommend

Hate looking at my garage door

I had the Tuscan panel installed... Terrible finish! You can see gaps in where the panels should sit flush. Very disappointed!!! Would never recommend this product.

George1953AU

Gliderol -Another Word for Junk

Installed about four years ago. Three months after installation it wouldn't go all the way down leaving a 3cm gap. I waited 6 weeks for installer to reset. Worked okay for another three months before the gap started to reappear. I waited another 4 or so weeks for it to be reset. Third time the installer promised to replace it if it happens again. Since December 2016 I have left 3 messages but installer won't reply. Gliderol tell me they no longer have a Perth office and their product only carries a 2 year warranty. Their recommended repairer advised me to replace with an alternative brand. Looks like I'll be another $660 out of pocket.

George1953

Keep getting asked for suggestions how to solve their gliderol problems.
Best suggestion I can give is " get rid of the junk".

Shoddy product by comparison

First garage door - Merlin - 5 years no problem
Second (new house) - Merlin - 5 years no problem
Third (new house) - Merlin - 9 years no problem
Fourth (new house) - Gliderol - 18 months - total failure, waiting for repair, out of warranty
Not impressed - will actively recommend against Gliderol products.

Tez

Tezsydney

Top roller door installed

I ordered a new Gliderol garage roller door through Bunnies. received a call the next day to arrange a time for a quot. done that. Good price, Payed bunnies. One week later the installer came, took away the old one & fully installed the remote controlled door. The installer took me through all the ins & outs how to reprogram the unit.
Top Job done THanks

Molsa190

Molsa190AU

Office Staff a bit hit and miss

unhappy customeradelaide

Poor workmanship

unhappy customer

Just a follow up of my previous review, we built another house with the same builder this year. Thanks God, they have stopped using Gliderol also because of poor workmanship.

SJ W

SJ WMandurah

Terible roller door and ridiculously poor customer service

I wish our builder didn't installed Gliderol sectional garage door at our door. Your Perth liason officer is very unreliable

Disgusting

Very unreliable door, many faults across short life. Service team also incompetent and try to sneak way out of warranty claims. Total failure of customer service, did not respond to my complaints. Buy elsewhere

If I could give zero stars, I would!

Terrible door. Warranty lapsed and guess what happened? A component broke. Paid several hundred for repairs to be made. And then after only a few years, the door constantly jams, and even worse, I have come home to find the garage door has opened by itself. Crap and unreliable.

Rude And Useless

Just plain rude, taking my business elsewhere.
Rude to me on the phone, then extremely rude to my mother when they came to do a measure a quote.
Not helpful at all. They will only do standard installs, will not even look at you if there is a slight complication.
After reading the other reviews I'm glad I've found another company that have been very helpful and POLITE.
I suggest Bunnings finds another supplier.

Leisa

LeisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my new roller door

Recently had a new roller door installed. Great professional service provided. Has given my house a fresh updated appearance. Would highly recommend Gliderol Garage Doors.

dusky

duskySouth West, WA

Noisy And Rattles

Gliderol door came with the summit house, noisy and rattles. Phoned them up and got nowhere...have yet to hear a door that sounds as bad as this.

Gliderol + Merlin SilentDrive motor = Excellence

After 17 years it was time to tackle the noise an undersized motor was causing when the Gliderol garage door was operated! We have an opening >3m and the old Gliderol had been through hail storms and constant use over that time, without a bow, buckle or dent. The motor fitted back then was just not up to lifting the weight involved but the new motors lift these solid, large doors with so little noise I can't hear the door opening when I'm sitting in the car in the garage (albeit with the windows up). I reckon my neighbours are happy and so am I! Here in Brisbane everyone at ever stage of the replacement was wonderful.

Consumer_user

Consumer_user

Poor Service and brushed off when requesting problems with product