Gliderol Garage Doors

Gliderol Garage Doors (page 2 of 3)

Online Store, Physical Store

1.8

• Job Satisfaction

Andrew M.

Andrew M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted 7 months

My original roller door not a glide roller lasted 14 years. Had a gliderol door fitted after my original door damaged by wind. Gliderol door lasted 7 months. The tracks bent and the door had stress ripples throughout. Contacted gliderol and they said as wind caused it no warranty. They would send someone out at my cost. Were not interested at all. Door has now been replaced.

Don Johnson

Don JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible low quality junk!

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless company.

Amanda C.

Amanda C.

Biggest piece of junk I’ve come across

Job Satisfaction
Donna M.

Donna M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do NOT use this company

They replaced 2 existing doors to our house and in the process of this install cracked and damaged the brick piers. Follow them up numerous times they do not respond and this was va email and phone calls and no response until you mention your next stop is Consumer Affairs and then they start quoting the terms of their warranty does not cover any damage they cause to your property during the install process.
I would not recommend them to anyone!!

Job Satisfaction
James D.

James D.

Return customer

Have used Gliderol for many years and have never had a problem with any of their doors.
Always provided us with good quality Australian made doors.
The GRD factory fit motors are great for jobs with minimal sideroom.

Chutz

ChutzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gliderol Industrial roller doors are garbage

We bought a brand new Gliderol 6m high by 5.5m wide direct from Gliderol and had them install it in a new factory.
Within 12 months the motor (the size of a cars windscreen wiper motor) had failed and the door was spinning. Gliderol sent a service guy out who just jammed a heap of 40mm tex screws into the plastic barrel. For the next year every time we manually pulled the door up metal from the door would drop out, the door tore itself to pieces. Gliderol would not come back out to inspect, since getting up on the ladder and seeing how these doors are made, I can assure you they are cheap junk. An Industrial Roller Door should last 20 years, this door lasted 3 and we had to rip it out.

Jack

Jack

Stuff you around

We bought the door with flat panels. They had ripples all the way through them. We called them up and they said it was something called canning. Finally got them to replace it with a door that looked worse, this time after getting the runaround they finally replace it again but it looks just like the first one. Not only does it look terrible you need to drive all the way up to the door and point the remote at it. If you have it to low in the car, it won’t work. And it’s really noisy.

Brad M

Brad MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gliderol Glidermatic door that won’t close

My partner had an electronic door installed when her house was built. The door has not worked properly since it was installed. The door goes up and down whenever it likes. It came down whilst my partner was reversing out and caused $600 worth of damage. Today it won’t shut and the idiot I spoke to could not help with a contact to fix it on a Saturday He said he could not help. I will report to Gliderol on Monday. The service is bloody ridiculous and is non existent. The last person that came out after the car was damaged looked at it and said it seemed okay. Hopeless. Would not recommend this type of door to anyone It will also be put on Facebook to warn others about these doors.

Find out how Gliderol Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Terrible!!! Builders please don’t use this brand.

Got a new house built in WA, house about 3 years old got two doors installed had nothing but trouble, they don’t even sell or service them here now, office staff weren’t nice either, I’ve decided just to replace them, I’d advice to stay away, thanks.

Michael Wilson

Michael WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very bad service

I ordered garage door repair specialists twice from this company, because garage door under warranty, but they came twice, and the door after these visits has the same defects - the door touches the brick wall. I must write a request for Consumer and Business Affairs and recommend a construction company that has built my house, stop using Glilderol Garage Doors as a supplier and installer of garage doors because this company destroys the reputation of a construction company. I am completely dissatisfied with the service of Glilderol Doors.

richardg

richardg

So far so good after 5 years

I had a Glidermatic GTS 2000 installed in Feb 2013 and has been trouble free for 5 years and we use it twice daily in average which is great, considering I never had it serviced. It failed for the first time last night where it could only open for up to 1 metre high. After inspecting the overhead chain, it appeared that the chain location clip was in the wrong spot. I dug out the manual and went straight to the trouble-shooting page, and found the solution. I had to open the Powerhead cover and reprogram the limits which were pretty straight forward and took about 10 mins to do. I then greased the chain and hopefully it will last me for another 4 to 5 years.

Sunny

SunnyMelbourne

Terrbile service

Got garage door through Metricon, had a problem w wheels & was told that factory faulty but didn't fixed w new ones. After 10 months later seems too noisy to open & close the door so called service. Now it's not warranty so they want me to pay for the service.
Why don't they fix properly when it was under warranty? Sent email about this issue more than 2 weeks ago, still haven't got any reply back. So much ripped off.
Can't believe this.

Terrible! Beeping issues!

The control box of Gliderol never stops beeping! Initially for 3-4 month’s it worked fine! And then all of a sudden, the control box has started beeping! We have to keep switching it off and then on! Useless product try and avoid it!

RickD

RickD

Gliderol Garage Doors - Faulty Products & Worst Customer Service nightmare. Strongly Don't recommend

Find out how Gliderol Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Hate looking at my garage door

I had the Tuscan panel installed... Terrible finish! You can see gaps in where the panels should sit flush. Very disappointed!!! Would never recommend this product.

George1953AU

Gliderol -Another Word for Junk

Installed about four years ago. Three months after installation it wouldn't go all the way down leaving a 3cm gap. I waited 6 weeks for installer to reset. Worked okay for another three months before the gap started to reappear. I waited another 4 or so weeks for it to be reset. Third time the installer promised to replace it if it happens again. Since December 2016 I have left 3 messages but installer won't reply. Gliderol tell me they no longer have a Perth office and their product only carries a 2 year warranty. Their recommended repairer advised me to replace with an alternative brand. Looks like I'll be another $660 out of pocket.

George1953

Keep getting asked for suggestions how to solve their gliderol problems.
Best suggestion I can give is " get rid of the junk".

Shoddy product by comparison

First garage door - Merlin - 5 years no problem
Second (new house) - Merlin - 5 years no problem
Third (new house) - Merlin - 9 years no problem
Fourth (new house) - Gliderol - 18 months - total failure, waiting for repair, out of warranty
Not impressed - will actively recommend against Gliderol products.

Tez

TezSydney Surrounds, NSW

Top roller door installed

I ordered a new Gliderol garage roller door through Bunnies. received a call the next day to arrange a time for a quot. done that. Good price, Payed bunnies. One week later the installer came, took away the old one & fully installed the remote controlled door. The installer took me through all the ins & outs how to reprogram the unit.
Top Job done THanks

Molsa190

Molsa190AU

Office Staff a bit hit and miss

Stas

Stasasked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hi iv broken my old remote Controller for my garage doors iv just got a after market remote with a b c d on I'm having trouble getting it to link up to the box iv pressed the red button button it's not working dose enny one got enny idea or help please

Hi Stats,

Unfortunately we're not familiar with this style of remote, though the circuit board inside the Control Box would definitely need to be used to program any remote to open your door.

Should you require a replacement Gliderol remote these are available from your local Gliderol office or online (https://www.gliderol.com.au/shop/). We also offer instructions on how to program new Gliderol remotes on our website which may be of some assistance (https://www.gliderol.com.au/remote-programming/).

Hope this helps!

Wardie3asked

NSW, Smithfield

Where can I buy a replacement panel for my Gliderol Door? I damaged the bottom panel and want to replace it myself.

Gliderol G.Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation

Hello, thanks for reaching out regarding a replacement panel for your Gliderol door. Individual panels can be ordered via Gliderol or your local Gliderol dealer. We'd recommend contacting the original company that installed the door as they will have the relevant info on file, though if this isn't possible please feel free to contact us directly on 1300 799 177 and we can get the ball rolling for you!

Wardie3

ok, thanks for the quick reply. I will send specs and photos asap. I damaged the bottom panel on our left hand door with my car’s roof racks becasue it wan’t closed 100%, so the bottom edge is wonky, but I managed to get it straightened out enough that it functions properly.
I did get a quote from an installer, but he kept pushing replacing the door, and since a new door wouldn’t match the other door (right side), both doors would have to be replaced.
If I could just buy a new panel of the same style and colour, I will install it myself as I have already taken the damaged panel off and re.installed it when I had it straightened out. If I can’t do it myself, at worst I’d have to call an installer for a repair visit.
I will het back to you asap.
Harold Ward

Gliderol G.Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation

Thanks Harold - depending on the age of the door it is possible that there may be some differences in styles, but our team will be able to go through this with you and find a solution that works. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Nerolie M.

Nerolie M.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

I have Two roll up doors about 6 m high with a chain as it’s opener. My problem is the chains keep coming off the wheel.As I am a 68 year old woman I have to ring a friend to come put them back on. To me it looks like there should be some sort of cover over the chain at top or a deeper wheel. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi Nerolie,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue.

I think in this instance a picture might speak a thousand words! If possible, would you please be able to email a picture of the end of the roller door (where the opener and chain is) along with your contact details to customersupport@gliderol.com.au - I can then follow this up with our Service and Spare Parts Department and let you know if anything is amiss!

We do hope this helps and if you’d like to discuss this issue in detail please feel free to contact your local Gliderol team on 1300 799 177.

See all Gliderol Garage Doors questions

Get an answer from our members and Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation representatives

Compare all 5 Gliderol Garage Doors
CategoryOnline Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window Shops
Compare all 5 Gliderol Garage Doors