Gliderol Garage Doors

Gliderol Garage Doors (page 2 of 3)

Online Store, Physical Store

• Job Satisfaction
RickD

RickD

Gliderol Garage Doors - Faulty Products & Worst Customer Service nightmare. Strongly Don't recommend

Hate looking at my garage door

I had the Tuscan panel installed... Terrible finish! You can see gaps in where the panels should sit flush. Very disappointed!!! Would never recommend this product.

George1953AU

Gliderol -Another Word for Junk

Installed about four years ago. Three months after installation it wouldn't go all the way down leaving a 3cm gap. I waited 6 weeks for installer to reset. Worked okay for another three months before the gap started to reappear. I waited another 4 or so weeks for it to be reset. Third time the installer promised to replace it if it happens again. Since December 2016 I have left 3 messages but installer won't reply. Gliderol tell me they no longer have a Perth office and their product only carries a 2 year warranty. Their recommended repairer advised me to replace with an alternative brand. Looks like I'll be another $660 out of pocket.

George1953

Keep getting asked for suggestions how to solve their gliderol problems.
Best suggestion I can give is " get rid of the junk".

Shoddy product by comparison

First garage door - Merlin - 5 years no problem
Second (new house) - Merlin - 5 years no problem
Third (new house) - Merlin - 9 years no problem
Fourth (new house) - Gliderol - 18 months - total failure, waiting for repair, out of warranty
Not impressed - will actively recommend against Gliderol products.

Tez

Tezsydney

Top roller door installed

I ordered a new Gliderol garage roller door through Bunnies. received a call the next day to arrange a time for a quot. done that. Good price, Payed bunnies. One week later the installer came, took away the old one & fully installed the remote controlled door. The installer took me through all the ins & outs how to reprogram the unit.
Top Job done THanks

Molsa190

Molsa190AU

Office Staff a bit hit and miss

unhappy customeradelaide

Poor workmanship

unhappy customer

Just a follow up of my previous review, we built another house with the same builder this year. Thanks God, they have stopped using Gliderol also because of poor workmanship.

SJ W

SJ WMandurah

Terible roller door and ridiculously poor customer service

I wish our builder didn't installed Gliderol sectional garage door at our door. Your Perth liason officer is very unreliable

Disgusting

Very unreliable door, many faults across short life. Service team also incompetent and try to sneak way out of warranty claims. Total failure of customer service, did not respond to my complaints. Buy elsewhere

Find out how Gliderol Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

If I could give zero stars, I would!

Terrible door. Warranty lapsed and guess what happened? A component broke. Paid several hundred for repairs to be made. And then after only a few years, the door constantly jams, and even worse, I have come home to find the garage door has opened by itself. Crap and unreliable.

Rude And Useless

Just plain rude, taking my business elsewhere.
Rude to me on the phone, then extremely rude to my mother when they came to do a measure a quote.
Not helpful at all. They will only do standard installs, will not even look at you if there is a slight complication.
After reading the other reviews I'm glad I've found another company that have been very helpful and POLITE.
I suggest Bunnings finds another supplier.

Leisa

LeisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my new roller door

Recently had a new roller door installed. Great professional service provided. Has given my house a fresh updated appearance. Would highly recommend Gliderol Garage Doors.

dusky

duskyAU

Noisy And Rattles

Gliderol door came with the summit house, noisy and rattles. Phoned them up and got nowhere...have yet to hear a door that sounds as bad as this.

Gliderol + Merlin SilentDrive motor = Excellence

After 17 years it was time to tackle the noise an undersized motor was causing when the Gliderol garage door was operated! We have an opening >3m and the old Gliderol had been through hail storms and constant use over that time, without a bow, buckle or dent. The motor fitted back then was just not up to lifting the weight involved but the new motors lift these solid, large doors with so little noise I can't hear the door opening when I'm sitting in the car in the garage (albeit with the windows up). I reckon my neighbours are happy and so am I! Here in Brisbane everyone at ever stage of the replacement was wonderful.

Consumer_user

Consumer_user

Poor Service and brushed off when requesting problems with product

Earl Hofert

Earl HofertAdelaide

Difficult to deal with

poor service

Unreliable with bad service

My Gliderol door broke, repairs cost $300. Door was repairwd and serviced.. 3 months 2 days later same part needed to be replaced. Called Gliderol again who stated warranty was only valid for a few weeks... Arranged for repairs but contractor never showed up... Absolutely appalling..

HP

HPSydney

Terrible -Don't waste your time or money

Placed order through Bunnings, was required to pay in full up front, which I had, was told by Gliderol they would have Garage Doors (I had ordered paid for 2 $2500 ) they would be out within 10 days. 1 month later had still not heard from Gliderol Smithfield, Called them requesting for an update, said they'd call back, no call.. called again this time was told the order hasn't been sent to supplier Yet. Totally incompentant business company. Don't waste your time or money with Gliderol Smithfield. I got a refund from Bunnings immediately.

Gary

GaryAdelaide

Warning!

Be careful of Gliderol!

The quote I agreed to stated 50% payment once the quote was accepted and 50% at installation. The quote I signed allowed for this arrangement to be undertaken by providing credit card details. They deducted 50% and two days later deducted the remaining 50% for the final payment. I queried this, twice but know one bothered to reply to my emails.

The fine print on their quote is also truly Fine print. I needed a magnifying glass to read it, even with my reading glasses on.

Krizza H

Krizza Hasked

Hi
I have 2 gliderol door

I managed to sync the back door. But the front one won’t sync.
I did the exact same procedure. Pressed learn and pressed remote button. But it does nothing

The motor was working a week ago. On another remote and it now won’t work on that remote either?

Any ideas how to fix it

Natalie Ofner

Natalie Ofnerasked

We tried manual operation, as power outage nearby last night - thought we should know how to put into manual mode. Worked it out but door will only open half way - not sure why - can anyone help? Thank you

Mazzab

woopsie was replying to Natalie and then submitted the reply without completing same! So. Natalie you have given me a jolt in that I had not even considered what to do in such circumstances as a blackout! Must no go and read the instructions in this regard. Also re the problems that I had with the door going up and being disengaged due to a wire coil coming loose and being wrapped around part of the door. Also I must now respond also to my original complete re this problem with the door, seemingly it may no have been the fault of the actual door itself, rather that the fault lay in the manner in which the door was installed. Seemingly it was not set level., hence the problem. I will just wait and see, but hope that I do not have a repeat performance!

Andy Dingwallasked

Can anyone give me advice on why my remote batteries need replaced Avery few weeks? I am constantly having to replace the batteries ,this as after very few activations.

Mazzab

check out the brand of batteries perhaps?

Andy Dingwall

Tried different brands and using the correct model number on batteries still only lasting a few days.

Mazzab

Perhaps you should contact Gliderol direct with this problem, and perhaps also advise them of this Review web site