Globird Energy

Globird Energy (page 2 of 11)

• Rates and Fees

Tony C

Tony CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good service, no hassle

Been with the company for little over an year now for both gas and electricity. No issue to-date which is very good. The initial connection took less than 1 business day so I got to move in when possible.

c x.

c x.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

wonderful service and more

(more than) Fair rates for both gas and electricity
Fantastic customer service (on point and fast)
Almost instant transaction with no gap in-between
top of the range reliability with zero dropouts for my one and half year service

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Globird is perfect, one of the cheapest provider

I have electricity and gas in Glorbird. It's one of the most cheapest provider in Victoria. I am a loyal customer and I really like this company. Two years ago, I just provided my old bill and the sales man compared my bill and told me that I could save 20% on my bill if I switch to Globird, then I switched and enjoyed.

Andy

AndyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great value & quick responses

Using gas & electricity from them.

Can't really remember the details of the initial connection as I'm already on them for a few years but everything was fine.
Bills are remarkably cheaper than the previous provider; all inquiries are replied within max. 2days.

Worth to recommend.

Michael K.

Michael K.

Great Value, Great Service!

We use Globird Energy for Electricity and Gas.

It was very easy to change online and Globird kept us up to date with text messages and emails. After submitting the application online, it was processed within 1 day and the electricity account was transferred in about 2 weeks with the Gas account following a little after.

I also set up the Solar Buy-Back option and Quang from Globird was very helpful. Ever since I joined Globird, I've had a great customer experience. I like their monthly billing option via email and having a direct debit set up.

I highly recommend Globird Energy!

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Such dodgy company

Worst energy company I have ever sign up for. Initially will give you rate looks cheaper but you actually pay much more compare with my previous provider. Not sure how they play the billing game but make sure always compare with other providers.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Great service & rates for NSW!

1) I shopped around for my Sydney suburb, including the Government comparison site & they came on top.
2) Connection was easy and Michael in the call centre was great. He was friendly and very clear with details.
3) Understand they are in Melbourne - so didn't have to deal with an overseas call centre!

Kate

KateSydney

Great financial savings and great customer service

Bailey

BaileyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Got turned down by mistake but $500 inquiry on credit report!!!

I got turned down by Globird, by what they said was a glitch but I had already signed up with someone else so I stayed away. I have then checked my credit report and they made a hard inquiry for $500 credit!? Why? Simply Energy didn't do that. Why the $500!? It is now being investigated by Equifax as it has been deemed excessive.

Quick and easy!

Got gas with globird a year ago now and have been very satisfied with every dealing i have had with them so far. They make things so easy and their customer service and sales is just so smooth! I cant fault them for anything so far. Gave me an estimated bill once and i sent them a picture of my gas meter with the correct reading and within a day they sent me a revised invoice! Very impressed

Carly

CarlySouthwest, VIC

Where is the customer service?

I have sent two lengthy emails to Globird about me being possibly overcharged; one to the customer service address listed on their website and one to the customer service address I have seen them give to reviewers on this website. It's been weeks and I've heard NOTHING. I was charged a $22 fee when I swapped over for no reason (and yes I looked through the fine print) and my first two week bill said I was using power for 5 people! $96 I spent on 14 days of electricity. I switched to them after being a long term Powershop customer, where I never had any problems.

Rubbish and Lazy

Absolutely awful, I am getting told things from my building management and Ausgrid stating Globird have to not be lazy and find my meter through them, but they are cutting corners and making me chase everyone up and now I’m fed up and moving providers. Also their customer service has at least a 2 hour lag time, every time.

Giuseppe G.

Giuseppe G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy tariff plan change

Saw a tariff change on the VIC gov site then went on the Globird site to confirm. Rang Globird talked to a local operator and sorted the tariff change and applied it to my account, could not have been simpler. Full marks for prompt response all done within 10 minutes.

Winter_44Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rejected, why?

I recently enquired about changing my electricity and gas to globird but told I had bad credit rating. Checked my report through equifax and there was nothing on their to indicate this was the case. So now I wonder if it is because I am recently a healthcare card holder. If this is the case then you will not be getting much business in Victoria as many of us have been forced to go on unemployment benefits whilst in lockdown. I will never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Angelo39

Angelo39Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great so far!

Its been great so after with Globird. I switched back to them on electricity after a month after switching from another retailer as they lowered the rates. Got the best deal in the market after checking on compare energy vic gov website, saved me quite a few dollars. Would highly recommend. I hope Globird will keep the low energy rates fixed for some time.

Rachel Tan

Rachel TanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great communication & fast set up for new connection

Richo

RichoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One year later, still can't sign up with them

As another user experienced, am unable to complete a sign up of gas an electricity. Tried about a year ago, and then again today. Same result.

The reason given is extremely vague relating to either ID verification or Equifax data (I have no late payments, nor bad debts).

Funny that I have no issue with any other site that requires this information.

Have no issues signing up with other providers, GloBird, you need to keep your promises and fix the sign up process.

stkildart

stkildartVictoria

Avoid estimates and insist on Actual readings to avoid Bill Shock !!!

Update on this review as Customer Service swung into action - apparently the biggest problem they are dealing with at the moment is Bill Shock - Customer Service can make or break so thank you Globird
"My Gas bill was around $40 even through the freezing months of winter (apparently all estimates) - but l didn't use that much gas anyway - then yesterday I get a bill 4.5 times higher at $183.00 which was an actual reading. I don't mind paying for usage just don't save it all up and hit me with a huge slug when work is scarce and so is money."

Hi Stkildart,

We're glad that we've been able to rectify the issue. Thanks for reflecting this in your original review!

great price, awesome service

Joined them recently, the process was very smmoth and the price is awesome. Had a issue with my gas estimation which seems to be lower than my actual reads. Called them to ask about it, was told i could just take a photo of my gas meter and they will re-issue the bill using the actual reads, and explained to me their estimation was based on last years usage pattern and this year's temperature, which makes sense to me, because we spent far more time at home this year, and our gas heater was on much more.

S and L

S and LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely terrible and lied to when signing up

I was given the quote but after the first reading my meter, I was given a different and higher charges. I have been emailing back and forth but no action whatsoever