Globird Energy

Globird Energy (page 2 of 8)

Max

MaxVictoria

To be totally honest best prices and best customer service

Quite simply these guys have consistently offered excellent customer service and been the cheapest in the market place which is all you want when dealing with an energy company. Well done

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Try to keep your customers instead of winning them back

I just rejoined Globird. I was previously a customer of Globird for electricity, and changed to a competitor because of the better rates. Before I switched I called Globird asking for the same rate as the competitor offered, but Globird said they cannot match it. Now the competitor did the same so I am back to Globird with both electricity and gas. It just happened, so cannot offer anything else apart from the fact that the change went smoothly and hoping that next time Globird will be able to keep me as a customer for longer. After all we all want better rates. Thank you.

Alicia S.

Alicia S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cannot fault the customer service

I moved over to Globird purely for the price, but was amazed to find that the customer service was the best of any utility company I’ve come across.
When we received an incorrect bill through them from our actual energy supplier, they spent weeks fighting it on our behalf, and in the end, winning.
Thank you! Above and beyond.

Rob

RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Prompt local service

When chasing lost bills (my PC crash) not only was my call promptly answered and all "lost" invoices sent immediately I was offered to review my current plan and was offered an even better plan which reduced my overall bill. I regularly check to switch providers but so far have found no incentive to do so. Globird seems to be the best value for me, a Vic customer with solar on the (old 60c) premium tariff.

RageRocky

RageRockyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My complaint was taken seriously and I got credit for it as well, much appreciated!

Kevin P.

Kevin P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service, great pricing, very very happy!

We have been with Globird for both our electric and gas for the last 10 months. I called earlier last week to see if we could get better rates and I didn't have to wait at all to speak with someone, the first person I spoke with could actually address my concerns and she spent quite a bit of time with me discussing options and finding out which variation of their pricing structure would suit us best. All in all a very pleasing experience. I also dipped the toe in the water and compared our pricing with all the rest and we were far better off with Globird, but to be honest even if it were a little higher I'd stay for the service.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Thank you Kevin we're delighted to have you as a customer!

PaulB

PaulBGippsland, VIC

Good customer service - discount is fantastic. Customer service operators are very helpful.

Standard suburban power supply no solar or assisted hot water.
Set up was easy just a phone 1 phone call was required.
Have only had 1 blackout in 2 years.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Thanks for your feedback Paul! We're glad that you're happy with our service and pricing!

Leo

LeoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best rate and best service

I have been saving more than 20% on my power bill since signing up with them. I have also switched over my gas with them. The process of switching is easy and hassle free. Highly recommended!

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Great value with awesome customer service

Found out about this company thru referral by a friend suggesting a much better value for both gas and electricity. Was with Origin and paying much more for bills. Finally made the switch over after a quick phone call to Globird. It was quite a smooth change over and have been very satisfied ever since. Recently had some issues with my solar panel but wasn't quite sure what was wrong. Contacted their customer service and was suggested that it is likely to be a problem with the transformer. Got a electrician to have a look and turned out to be exactly right!! Overall a pretty happy customer, great value with its on-time discount!!

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
CPS

CPSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

I have both Electricity and Gas signed up with a Globird. The set up was easy and quick. No issues with the billing and they have great pricing. It saves me lots of money. I love the customer service too.

Sara S.

Sara S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish we had switched to Globird sooner!

We have had our electricity with Globird for about 18 months and luckily just in time for winter, we have moved our Gas over as well. The pay on time discounts have made a HUGE difference to our monthly budget and the customer service is unlike anything i've ever received from a utility company. Calls are always answered promptly (here in Melbourne), the team are knowledgable and most of all willing to help!
Switching over was as simple as sending an email. They take care of the rest. Very happy customer!

ECK

ECKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service from enquiry team

Phoned Glo bird to check pricing. I was put through to help desk immediately, no waiting, and the assistant was in AUSTRALIA!!!! No language problems and my query was answered efficiently without any fuss.
Could not ask for better service than that.

Amanda L.

Amanda L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

Signed up for both gas and electricity! The rates provided were unbeatable and the customer service was a pleasure. I spoke to Daniel and he was very helpful every step of the way taking time to explain the rates and services. Would definitely recommended Globird service

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Excellent initial service and assistance

Just signed up with Globird for both gas and electricity. Calls were answered very promptly> Consultant Michelle was excellent to deal with. She answered all my questions very competently and in a very friendly manner. She was extremely patient with me as I am profoundly deaf and needed to have information repeated quite often. Michelle was wonderful to deal with. I hope that Globird's service and efficiency is as good as Michelle's.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Little big girl

Little big girlMelbourne Australia

Quick resolution

It was impossible to contact Globird Energy by telephone. Whichever number I used it rang out. However once I had emailed the Customer Service the tricky problem was resolved very quickly - in a matter of hours. I won't bother trying to phone them in future - the email service is great. Thank you.

ServicesGas
Chad D.

Chad D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service

Very prompt and helpful customer service team.
Once I missed the due date and was charged with the full bill but they were happy to negotiate for me being a loyal customer.
Great team!

GloBird E.Globird Energy

The costomer service is the best

All the information and a lot alot of help from costomer service can make everything easier even if you live overseas I wish I can you a coffee. You the best!

Roger

RogerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very prompt and great service

I changed over to GloBird in September last year for electricity supply. I noticed in a recent bill that I was not getting the pensioner winter subsidy from the government. I rang GloBird on Friday about 12 noon. It seems that my pensioner card details were out of date. The GloBird agent said she would fix the problem. A couple of hours later I received amended invoices which included the subsidy. Thank you GloBird for such a prompt response. I have no hestitation in recommending GloBird!

Peter chen

Peter chenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5 STARS indeed!

Globird the energy company you should really consider. Only company who gives you good rates and discount unlike other companies just talk about rates.
I save heaps ! Good customer service too. Keep up the good job mate!

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Doesn’t send their bill on time.

They have great and competitive rates but they don’t seem to send my bills in a timely manner. Some months they bill for 30 days and others 40 days etc. currently my bill is 2 weeks late. If you’re on a monthly budget, it’s hard to budget things when they don’t send you a bill every month. I’m sick and tired emailing them just to chase for my own bill.

Wally

Wallyasked

What country are Globird's owners registered?

Peter Waller
Peter Waller

To be honest Wally it is hard to tell. Have had one person come to town claiming to be Irish but living here for 20 years and being the owner, yet all indicators point toward China. Had a lawyer friend look it up and he says China as well. Very hard to track on the internet.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Hi Wally, GloBird is a privately owned company, it was started in 2014 by Irish born Australian John McCluskey who has lived in Melbourne for the last twenty years. He works in the company’s Mitcham office and he is a part owner along with some local investors and staff.

Shayna

Shaynaasked

Is there any previous customers? Do they still take money away after the disconnect date? Is there any dis-connect or leaving fee? Do they do gas as well?

Christina
Christina

They will do Gas in approx 2 months

Susiii
Susiii

I just signed up with them yesterday, just for GAS. I've done a research on each single energy provider and found Globird cheapest in GAS and Tango cheapest in Electricity, so I changed to these from Origin. I haven't got any e-mail or SMS or anything to confirm but it's early days...

Hi Shayna,

As an energy retailer, GloBird is licenced by the Victorian government’s ESC (Essential Services Commission), and also licenced by the AER (Australian Energy Regulator). The company is a registered participant of AEMO (Australian Energy Market Operator) therefore the company must comply with the same market rules and laws as AGL, Origin or any other energy retailer. This means they can only issue bills based on meter reads provided to them by an independent (and also government regulated) meter data provider, this is usually your local distributor.

The meter data provider will only provide meter reads to one retailer at a time. If you switch from GloBird to another retailer, the independent meter data provider stops sending GloBird your meter reads and start sending them to your new retailer, so it’s impossible for GloBird to bill you beyond that point. You can contact your local distributor and verify that the reads your retailer is using to calculate your bill match with what is provided by the distributor.

There is a disconnection charge when you move out of your premises. If you are just leaving Globird and changing to another retailer at the same premises than there are no charges. As for gas, we have been providing this service since July 2018.

Get an answer from our members and Globird Energy representatives