Globird Energy

Globird Energy (page 3 of 11)

• Rates and Fees

Snicklefritz

SnicklefritzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flawed Application Process

Appears that Globird have a flawed credit reporting system. Moving into a new property and tried to set up both Gas & Electricity with these guys. Application was declined due to information obtained via Equifax credit reporting. Given that I always pay my bills on time, and haven’t missed a loan payment, I was worried something wrong must have been listed on my file. Turns out, just like many other reviewers here, my credit file is normal, all accounts paid on time. Surely having a mortgage and a credit card is not a red flag for not being able to pay a utility account. Oh well, GloBirds loss, Tango & Origin Energy’s gain.
FYI Tango also checked my credit file via Equifax and no problems signing up with them.

Shawn

ShawnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Customer Service from GloBird Energy

I have contacted GloBird Energy today to sign-up with them, and they have given me an honest comparison with my energy provider and said they won't be able to provide a cheaper rate than that.

I appreciate their honest review and customer service skills.

a1me

a1meGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely terrible customer service and lied to when signing up

Mozz

MozzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Follow Up Service.

Originally 1 star now a 5 Star. Had issues with estimated bills which meant we have a massive bill sent to us. After getting no where with their customer service team on the phone, I had a follow up call from Dan, a Servicve Delivery Specialist, who was awesome.

He explained the confusion to me very clearly and fixed the problem with the way we were being billed straight away.

Awesome to see a company follow up on a bad customer experience. Something every company should be doing.

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Watch out for gas estimates

Electricity is fine but their gas bills are automatically put on monthly cycles and subject to estimate readings. The estimates for my account pushed most of the usage into the winter period to the point where the estimated usage was almost double what we are actually using. After complaining they switched us to actual meter read bills, but they have not provided a refund for the extra money we have had to pay due to their estimate pushing usage into the more expensive winter rates. Very disappointing, have never had this issue with an energy provider before.
Since originally writing this they have provided an account credit to cover some of the additional costs, and the customer service was quite good while this was organised.

Matt

Hi, this has now been resolved and I have updated the review to reflect this

Cheap pricing, patient customer service even on Sat, appreciate you guys' hard work

Pretty good, I think it's one of the best retailer I've used in VIC. It takes like only 2 weeks to get my account setup and transferred. I did signup and the process takes like 5 mins only, I will recommend you guys to my friends XD.

Johnny

JohnnyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waiting on switch

Signed up for both gas & electricity two weeks ago but have not heard a thing when I’ll be transferred from my old provider, called thus morning and was told a call will be returned, 8 hrs later nothing, two emails, nothing...may be the shortest customer in globird history

Charles

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gas Rip Of

Had gas heating but changed to RC electric. Suprise, elec went up and gas did not come down. Globird say they use estimates but they will not tell how they estimate. My gas bills are same as when I had gas heating but elec through then roof as exepected. Many emails and Globird will still not tell me how they estimate. Be careful before you sign with them.

Ji L.

Ji L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great price and customer service

Great energy rates in the market, so i switched my electricity to it. The process is pretty straightforward and the customer service team is friendly and helpful. Shame that my gas is embedded and cannot switch retailers

mKGCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

They dont know what they do really!!

Worst company you could imagine!~I tried to sign up and been declined when i asked the reason they said bad credit huh?I dont have 1cent debt to anyone and i never ever delayed about paying my bills!They say bad credit doesnt mean I have loan or debt(which i dont)this is just our criteria??? My situations hasnt been changed but company who accepted me 2 yrs ago cannot explain the decline reason now. My bank account hasnt been dropped under the 4 digits since 2018 but obviously they can assume my situation with driver license no / address!!This is clearly discrimination which i really dont know the reason? Pathetic...

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pleasant surprise

Government Energy Compare website led me to Globird. Had some issues with my NMI number and address not being recognised by their database so I gave them a call. They helped me resolve the issue and I was able to complete the transfer online very quickly and easily. Just received the Welcome package and am looking forward to saving some money. Happy overall with a smooth experience and what appear will be significant savings.

Lethal

LethalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Interesting Angle

Patrick W.

Patrick W.South East Queensland, QLD

The process of signing up was easy and seamless. Everything was explained very well. The best thing is, I get to save on my electricity from an award winning supplier.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Couldn't onboard, abysmal customer service

GloBird had very attractive rates so we were excited to sign up. I received a rejection email shortly after that indicated we would not be able to be added. They were not specific about the reason why. I enquired if they could expand on the issue so that we would be able to work through any issues and process our application. I received a lengthy boiler plate emailing that contained MORE potential reasons. They couldn't even be bothered to fill in the blanks in the boiler plate for my <address>. Might have been great, but I'll never know.

Dagabix

Dagabix

Legit retailer

Find out how Globird Energy compares to other Energy Providers

not happy with their service

I have informed them that I want my bills bi-monthly but still they sent me an estimated monthly gas bill and cannot even reach their customer service. Extremely annoyed with their service

Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Expensive Charges

I just got solar panel installed, they charge me $132 for solar tariff setup, this is way too much for a remote service. I have called other retailer, they only charge whatever provider charge, i read some other reviews, people complain about this charge as well, they said the provider only charge $2x for this, this company will charge you $100 extra. I try to swing, but too much trouble as the job already send to them, so I accept, but I learn a lesson, cheap for a reason.

Hayden L

Hayden LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The gas supplies itself is fine, but not very satisfy with the way they're billing

I'm using Globird Energy as my gas supplier for nearly 1 year. I found they doubled my bill once and they re-issue another bill to fix the problem. I had an international travel for a month before, that means no one at home to use gas, however, I received a bill almost the same charge as we're using gas at home. I don't know how they calculate the fees.

Thomas F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bill doubled for no reason

I was shocked when I got my first bill in which the elec usage is doubled and the gas usage is increased by 1/3, even with fewer people in the house. I've used EnergyAustralia for 3 years, never used this much even once. I don't trust this company anymore and I'm ready to transfer to some other retailer.

simon

simon

Polite and helpful - can't ask for more

Gas and electricity.
They were busy and I requested a call-back which came in 5 minutes.
Michelle was very helpful and guided me through it seamlessly.
First time for me to get power in my name. Excellent service, thoroughly recommended