• Rates and Fees

Jay K.

Gave me a headache

ServicesElectricity and Gas
GloBird E.Globird Energy

not happy with their service

I have informed them that I want my bills bi-monthly but still they sent me an estimated monthly gas bill and cannot even reach their customer service. Extremely annoyed with their service

ServicesGas
Hayden L

Hayden LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The gas supplies itself is fine, but not very satisfy with the way they're billing

I'm using Globird Energy as my gas supplier for nearly 1 year. I found they doubled my bill once and they re-issue another bill to fix the problem. I had an international travel for a month before, that means no one at home to use gas, however, I received a bill almost the same charge as we're using gas at home. I don't know how they calculate the fees.

ServicesGas
Energy Providers

Find out how Globird Energy compares to other Energy Providers

RM89

RM893223

Can't understand Glo Birds Solar Generation figures

Appears to be a unexplained discrepancy in Solar Feed in KWhrs over the past 7 months. Jan & Feb at least 50kw hrs below Nov & Dec with no explanation. Have had this problem with Glo Bird before and they blamed Powercore for the meter readings. Now maybe the time to shift to another Energy provider. The reason we moved to Glo Bird from Origin was that Glo Bird offered more reliable feed in in formation. Once they have your business, that operate exactly as Origin.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back
GloBird E.Globird Energy

Doesn’t send their bill on time.

They have great and competitive rates but they don’t seem to send my bills in a timely manner. Some months they bill for 30 days and others 40 days etc. currently my bill is 2 weeks late. If you’re on a monthly budget, it’s hard to budget things when they don’t send you a bill every month. I’m sick and tired emailing them just to chase for my own bill.

David

DavidSomerville

Have been with them twice and twice the the price went up after 2 weeks

Not for me ...... Elsewhere has cheaper rates and far better Solar feed in. Very deceiving,arrogant and just plain expensive. I can't see them lasting a long time in the power game.

Frankie D

Frankie DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good for the first year, will screw you thereafter!

Good for our first year, after which all the rates were altered and now we are paying significantly.
We have a 5KW solar system, which generates up to THREE times the amount of power we need to buy back. For the first year it balanced well, we did not get a bill over the Summer months, averaging small bills for about 5 months of the year. January 2019, our latest bill we have generated 635kWh and used 243kWh, we have a significant and unexpected bill, where this time last year we were in credit. We'll be moving!

Lori

Lori

Another bait & switch

Joined 6 months ago as recommended through Victoria energy compare. Received the latest bill and prices were higher than other retailers. Nowhere close to even average deal on the list

RobinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Typical bait and switch

Offered good rates when I signed up. Then 2 months later they increased the rates by a whopping 20%. "Yes, but every provider increases their rates in the New Year" was their excuse. Yes, but not by 20%.... Switching was a waste of time as their rates are now the same as my old provider.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Robin

1 year later, I'm quite happy with Globird. The rates are OK and competitive, and their solar offer is pretty decent. We had solar installed and just got our first bill... $0.25! Can't complain.

Energy Providers

Find out how Globird Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Beware the 12 month rate rise

Received a rate rise of nearly 50% on usage rate and 25% on daily charge. Shopped around and there are significantly better offers in the market. Phoned glo bird to see if they can provide a better offer, they said no. However, new customers are being offered significantly better rates which they refuse to give to existing customers. Just be prepared to leave after 12 months.

Lisa G

Lisa G

Expensive and rude- not for me.

We switched- as many others here appeared to, upon recommendation from vic compare website.
The promise was low prices, and it seemed a very good deal.
The rates increased very soon after switching, and the customer service is lacking in a big way.
They just don’t stack up to the big guys. We switched back after only barely 6 months.

Alister

AlisterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Low prices & low quality of service

Disappointed by customer service

I contacted customer service for a quote. I must say, the quote was very tempting. As my husband is the account holder for the current provider, suggested that he'll call back at a later stage to switch to Globird.
When contacted Customer service, asked for the same rep that was dealing before, he was not available at the time. We've been advised that the rep will call back, however this did not happen.