• Rates and Fees

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Watch out for gas estimates

Electricity is fine but their gas bills are automatically put on monthly cycles and subject to estimate readings. The estimates for my account pushed most of the usage into the winter period to the point where the estimated usage was almost double what we are actually using. After complaining they switched us to actual meter read bills, but they have not provided a refund for the extra money we have had to pay due to their estimate pushing usage into the more expensive winter rates. Very disappointing, have never had this issue with an energy provider before.
Since originally writing this they have provided an account credit to cover some of the additional costs, and the customer service was quite good while this was organised.

Matt

Hi, this has now been resolved and I have updated the review to reflect this

Lethal

Energy Providers

Find out how Globird Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Try to keep your customers instead of winning them back

I just rejoined Globird. I was previously a customer of Globird for electricity, and changed to a competitor because of the better rates. Before I switched I called Globird asking for the same rate as the competitor offered, but Globird said they cannot match it. Now the competitor did the same so I am back to Globird with both electricity and gas. It just happened, so cannot offer anything else apart from the fact that the change went smoothly and hoping that next time Globird will be able to keep me as a customer for longer. After all we all want better rates. Thank you.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
GloBird E.Globird Energy

Overall very good, miss applied a meter read,

Overall Signup and billing has been good, customer service is normally good. We submit a meter read, this was not applied correctly and took a few emails and time out to call to address - even to get an apology. Emails's kept ignoring the actual issue of miss applied read. First estimate after moving to monthly by them automatically was $150.00 more bas on only 38 days, they are using bi-monthly data to apply to one month billing - not great. need to improve that, and apply meter read correctly

SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Excellent response to emails, but huge hard-to-justify price rises.

Good for a year, but a HUGE drop in solar feed in tariff and significant increase in charges resulted in a 40% increase in total cost per month for me.
Responses to email queries were prompt, and clearly written by a native English speaker (which helps a lot.)
Their FIT (10 c/kwh) is now the lowest they can legally offer.

Dan

DanMelbourne

Different tariff than the website shows me..

Online4yourmind

Online4yourmindGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If you asked me a month again I would have given 5 stars..

I joined Globird just over 18 months ago, just as the Powershop decided to up their prices and was very pleased with their rates, service, feed-in tarrifs for solar, I was recommended by the Victorian government website and recommended to all my friends, but as all energy companies do sooner or later the prices has just gone up and the feed in tariffs have come down a lot, so it's time to say goodbye, even the Victorian Government website has them way down the list now... Credit to them though they were prepared to price match, but where I'm now going I'm getting a $300 credit on my bill so with my solar power I'm expecting to pay $0 bills over the next 12 months... Always pay to shop around..

SoniaA

SoniaAMelbourne

Just under two years with Globird, but rate went up after two months, then every six months (5x!)

Joined Globird because of competitive rates (NB. competitive with a discount of pay early - because otherwise expensive). I have no issues regarding supply, and never needed to contact them, so can't speak to service. But, two months after joining was notified my rates would go up. Then every six months another email telling me there was another market review and my rates would increase. At first, I still thought that with the discount they were competitive, but really, after five rate hikes in just under two years, no more... I have gone to Tango whose rate is cheaper (flat rate no need for a pay on time/early for a discount) and it is fixed for two years.

Energy Providers

Find out how Globird Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Just Me

Just MeEarth

Unsure... ???

Eltech

EltechCroydon, Vic

I switched to Pacific Hydro instead

I was with globird because they formerly were the cheapest electricity I could get in my area, but I can now get Pacific Hydro which are about 10c per kWh cheaper, so Globird is gone and I am now paying much less.

Globird also has a complicated discount structure, and you will pay a really heavy penalty if you pay late. What I mean is that the non discounted rate is off the planet. ( So don't pay late!)

I was happy enough with them, but since it's all the same electrons, I'll choose the company that charges the least. In my case - Pacific Hydro.

Rates Jumped 48% in 18 months

Globird offered me a fantastic rate to switch to them in late 2016. After just 3 months I received a letter saying that due to the pending Hazelwood closure my rates would go up between 1 and 10% when i worked out my usage and the new rates it was a 29% increase across the total bill. I managed to get this down to a 19 % increase after talking to them which was still the best price i could get at that stage.
I have just recieved 2018 prices and it has jumped 24.5% on this years total.
A price rise of 48% since 16th Jan 2017
Was good while it lasted but now more expensive than the big retailers

costomer bb

costomer bbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It is better than previous provider

It is better provider than past energy provider.
Bill was easy to read and no complication of payment. Just could not get any cheaper???

Not only providers fault. One of hardest things to compare another poviders.

Anyway we have to be wise.