• Rates and Fees

Plank

PlankGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My application was denied by a simple check from Equifax?

I was suggested by the result of the Victoria Energy Compare. That is the only reason why I sent my application to this company. I waited 2 days to receive a simple deny that my credit score was not good for their service. Really??? After that, I called Equifax to know more about my credit score. They said that my credit score is really good and had no problem with it. So why did you deny my application with this **** reason? Does it even make any sense when you have no clues about my credit and waste of my time?

Thanks for wasting my time. I will never recommend your service to anyone I know.

bluemountainkiwi

bluemountainkiwi

EQUIFAX Credit Check a big fat F for fail

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Condescending and dodgy customer service

Emily S.
Emily S.

glennGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

lies lies lies from this company

stay away from these people for both gas and electricity you will regret it poor communication and makes excuses waited 2 months for communication never got anything YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED Ii had to chase up information and couldn't answer it couldn't find it wouldn't put a supervisor on

glenn

you are aware of my complaint and i was told a supervisor would call me back and it simply doesn't happen still waiting after a week for a phone call just be honest and do what u say in phone calls and emails

Very dodgy energy supply

signed up on 28th aug2020
20 day cooling off
18sept first meter read They charge from this date
27 oct 2nd meter read They have not supplied any electricity to house ,they charge also for supply
30th oct get bill from last supplier , also charge for supply and usage
No complaints department,every one can help, too you ask the hard Questions,then not there department
Dont have to supply anything in writing,just make it up as they go
Then charge a fee to leave

Such dodgy company

Worst energy company I have ever sign up for. Initially will give you rate looks cheaper but you actually pay much more compare with my previous provider. Not sure how they play the billing game but make sure always compare with other providers.

Bailey

BaileyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Got turned down by mistake but $500 inquiry on credit report!!!

I got turned down by Globird, by what they said was a glitch but I had already signed up with someone else so I stayed away. I have then checked my credit report and they made a hard inquiry for $500 credit!? Why? Simply Energy didn't do that. Why the $500!? It is now being investigated by Equifax as it has been deemed excessive.

Carly

CarlySouthwest, VIC

Where is the customer service?

I have sent two lengthy emails to Globird about me being possibly overcharged; one to the customer service address listed on their website and one to the customer service address I have seen them give to reviewers on this website. It's been weeks and I've heard NOTHING. I was charged a $22 fee when I swapped over for no reason (and yes I looked through the fine print) and my first two week bill said I was using power for 5 people! $96 I spent on 14 days of electricity. I switched to them after being a long term Powershop customer, where I never had any problems.

Rubbish and Lazy

Absolutely awful, I am getting told things from my building management and Ausgrid stating Globird have to not be lazy and find my meter through them, but they are cutting corners and making me chase everyone up and now I’m fed up and moving providers. Also their customer service has at least a 2 hour lag time, every time.

Winter_44Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rejected, why?

I recently enquired about changing my electricity and gas to globird but told I had bad credit rating. Checked my report through equifax and there was nothing on their to indicate this was the case. So now I wonder if it is because I am recently a healthcare card holder. If this is the case then you will not be getting much business in Victoria as many of us have been forced to go on unemployment benefits whilst in lockdown. I will never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Richo

RichoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One year later, still can't sign up with them

As another user experienced, am unable to complete a sign up of gas an electricity. Tried about a year ago, and then again today. Same result.

The reason given is extremely vague relating to either ID verification or Equifax data (I have no late payments, nor bad debts).

Funny that I have no issue with any other site that requires this information.

Have no issues signing up with other providers, GloBird, you need to keep your promises and fix the sign up process.

S and L

S and LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely terrible and lied to when signing up

I was given the quote but after the first reading my meter, I was given a different and higher charges. I have been emailing back and forth but no action whatsoever

Snicklefritz

SnicklefritzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flawed Application Process

Appears that Globird have a flawed credit reporting system. Moving into a new property and tried to set up both Gas & Electricity with these guys. Application was declined due to information obtained via Equifax credit reporting. Given that I always pay my bills on time, and haven’t missed a loan payment, I was worried something wrong must have been listed on my file. Turns out, just like many other reviewers here, my credit file is normal, all accounts paid on time. Surely having a mortgage and a credit card is not a red flag for not being able to pay a utility account. Oh well, GloBirds loss, Tango & Origin Energy’s gain.
FYI Tango also checked my credit file via Equifax and no problems signing up with them.

a1me

a1meGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely terrible customer service and lied to when signing up

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Watch out for gas estimates

Electricity is fine but their gas bills are automatically put on monthly cycles and subject to estimate readings. The estimates for my account pushed most of the usage into the winter period to the point where the estimated usage was almost double what we are actually using. After complaining they switched us to actual meter read bills, but they have not provided a refund for the extra money we have had to pay due to their estimate pushing usage into the more expensive winter rates. Very disappointing, have never had this issue with an energy provider before.
Since originally writing this they have provided an account credit to cover some of the additional costs, and the customer service was quite good while this was organised.

Matt

Hi, this has now been resolved and I have updated the review to reflect this

Johnny

JohnnyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waiting on switch

Signed up for both gas & electricity two weeks ago but have not heard a thing when I’ll be transferred from my old provider, called thus morning and was told a call will be returned, 8 hrs later nothing, two emails, nothing...may be the shortest customer in globird history

Charles

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gas Rip Of

Had gas heating but changed to RC electric. Suprise, elec went up and gas did not come down. Globird say they use estimates but they will not tell how they estimate. My gas bills are same as when I had gas heating but elec through then roof as exepected. Many emails and Globird will still not tell me how they estimate. Be careful before you sign with them.

mKGCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

They dont know what they do really!!

Worst company you could imagine!~I tried to sign up and been declined when i asked the reason they said bad credit huh?I dont have 1cent debt to anyone and i never ever delayed about paying my bills!They say bad credit doesnt mean I have loan or debt(which i dont)this is just our criteria??? My situations hasnt been changed but company who accepted me 2 yrs ago cannot explain the decline reason now. My bank account hasnt been dropped under the 4 digits since 2018 but obviously they can assume my situation with driver license no / address!!This is clearly discrimination which i really dont know the reason? Pathetic...

Lethal

LethalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Interesting Angle

ServicesGas

Couldn't onboard, abysmal customer service

GloBird had very attractive rates so we were excited to sign up. I received a rejection email shortly after that indicated we would not be able to be added. They were not specific about the reason why. I enquired if they could expand on the issue so that we would be able to work through any issues and process our application. I received a lengthy boiler plate emailing that contained MORE potential reasons. They couldn't even be bothered to fill in the blanks in the boiler plate for my <address>. Might have been great, but I'll never know.