• Rates and Fees
Jay K.

Jay K.

Gave me a headache

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Watch out for gas estimates

Electricity is fine but their gas bills are automatically put on monthly cycles and subject to estimate readings. The estimates for my account pushed most of the usage into the winter period to the point where the estimated usage was almost double what we are actually using. After complaining they switched us to actual meter read bills, but they have not provided a refund for the extra money we have had to pay due to their estimate pushing usage into the more expensive winter rates. Very disappointing, have never had this issue with an energy provider before.
Since originally writing this they have provided an account credit to cover some of the additional costs, and the customer service was quite good while this was organised.

Matt

Hi, this has now been resolved and I have updated the review to reflect this

Lethal

LethalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Interesting Angle

Find out how Globird Energy compares to other Energy Providers

not happy with their service

I have informed them that I want my bills bi-monthly but still they sent me an estimated monthly gas bill and cannot even reach their customer service. Extremely annoyed with their service

Hayden L

Hayden LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The gas supplies itself is fine, but not very satisfy with the way they're billing

I'm using Globird Energy as my gas supplier for nearly 1 year. I found they doubled my bill once and they re-issue another bill to fix the problem. I had an international travel for a month before, that means no one at home to use gas, however, I received a bill almost the same charge as we're using gas at home. I don't know how they calculate the fees.

RM89

RM893223

Can't understand Glo Birds Solar Generation figures

Appears to be a unexplained discrepancy in Solar Feed in KWhrs over the past 7 months. Jan & Feb at least 50kw hrs below Nov & Dec with no explanation. Have had this problem with Glo Bird before and they blamed Powercore for the meter readings. Now maybe the time to shift to another Energy provider. The reason we moved to Glo Bird from Origin was that Glo Bird offered more reliable feed in in formation. Once they have your business, that operate exactly as Origin.

Alphonse L.Western District, VIC

For the perfect Australian; not the everyday Australian

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Try to keep your customers instead of winning them back

I just rejoined Globird. I was previously a customer of Globird for electricity, and changed to a competitor because of the better rates. Before I switched I called Globird asking for the same rate as the competitor offered, but Globird said they cannot match it. Now the competitor did the same so I am back to Globird with both electricity and gas. It just happened, so cannot offer anything else apart from the fact that the change went smoothly and hoping that next time Globird will be able to keep me as a customer for longer. After all we all want better rates. Thank you.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Doesn’t send their bill on time.

They have great and competitive rates but they don’t seem to send my bills in a timely manner. Some months they bill for 30 days and others 40 days etc. currently my bill is 2 weeks late. If you’re on a monthly budget, it’s hard to budget things when they don’t send you a bill every month. I’m sick and tired emailing them just to chase for my own bill.

Find out how Globird Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Overall very good, miss applied a meter read,

Overall Signup and billing has been good, customer service is normally good. We submit a meter read, this was not applied correctly and took a few emails and time out to call to address - even to get an apology. Emails's kept ignoring the actual issue of miss applied read. First estimate after moving to monthly by them automatically was $150.00 more bas on only 38 days, they are using bi-monthly data to apply to one month billing - not great. need to improve that, and apply meter read correctly

David

DavidSomerville

Have been with them twice and twice the the price went up after 2 weeks

Not for me ...... Elsewhere has cheaper rates and far better Solar feed in. Very deceiving,arrogant and just plain expensive. I can't see them lasting a long time in the power game.

ServicesElectricity

Frankie D

Frankie DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good for the first year, will screw you thereafter!

Good for our first year, after which all the rates were altered and now we are paying significantly.
We have a 5KW solar system, which generates up to THREE times the amount of power we need to buy back. For the first year it balanced well, we did not get a bill over the Summer months, averaging small bills for about 5 months of the year. January 2019, our latest bill we have generated 635kWh and used 243kWh, we have a significant and unexpected bill, where this time last year we were in credit. We'll be moving!

Lori

Lori

Another bait & switch

Joined 6 months ago as recommended through Victoria energy compare. Received the latest bill and prices were higher than other retailers. Nowhere close to even average deal on the list

ServicesElectricity

RobinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Typical bait and switch

Offered good rates when I signed up. Then 2 months later they increased the rates by a whopping 20%. "Yes, but every provider increases their rates in the New Year" was their excuse. Yes, but not by 20%.... Switching was a waste of time as their rates are now the same as my old provider.

Robin

1 year later, I'm quite happy with Globird. The rates are OK and competitive, and their solar offer is pretty decent. We had solar installed and just got our first bill... $0.25! Can't complain.

SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Excellent response to emails, but huge hard-to-justify price rises.

Good for a year, but a HUGE drop in solar feed in tariff and significant increase in charges resulted in a 40% increase in total cost per month for me.
Responses to email queries were prompt, and clearly written by a native English speaker (which helps a lot.)
Their FIT (10 c/kwh) is now the lowest they can legally offer.

Beware the 12 month rate rise

Received a rate rise of nearly 50% on usage rate and 25% on daily charge. Shopped around and there are significantly better offers in the market. Phoned glo bird to see if they can provide a better offer, they said no. However, new customers are being offered significantly better rates which they refuse to give to existing customers. Just be prepared to leave after 12 months.

Lisa G

Lisa G

Expensive and rude- not for me.

We switched- as many others here appeared to, upon recommendation from vic compare website.
The promise was low prices, and it seemed a very good deal.
The rates increased very soon after switching, and the customer service is lacking in a big way.
They just don’t stack up to the big guys. We switched back after only barely 6 months.

Alister

AlisterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Low prices & low quality of service

Dan

DanMelbourne

Different tariff than the website shows me..

Online4yourmind

Online4yourmindGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If you asked me a month again I would have given 5 stars..

I joined Globird just over 18 months ago, just as the Powershop decided to up their prices and was very pleased with their rates, service, feed-in tarrifs for solar, I was recommended by the Victorian government website and recommended to all my friends, but as all energy companies do sooner or later the prices has just gone up and the feed in tariffs have come down a lot, so it's time to say goodbye, even the Victorian Government website has them way down the list now... Credit to them though they were prepared to price match, but where I'm now going I'm getting a $300 credit on my bill so with my solar power I'm expecting to pay $0 bills over the next 12 months... Always pay to shop around..