• Rates and Fees

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Watch out for gas estimates

Electricity is fine but their gas bills are automatically put on monthly cycles and subject to estimate readings. The estimates for my account pushed most of the usage into the winter period to the point where the estimated usage was almost double what we are actually using. After complaining they switched us to actual meter read bills, but they have not provided a refund for the extra money we have had to pay due to their estimate pushing usage into the more expensive winter rates. Very disappointing, have never had this issue with an energy provider before.
Since originally writing this they have provided an account credit to cover some of the additional costs, and the customer service was quite good while this was organised.

Matt

Hi, this has now been resolved and I have updated the review to reflect this

Lethal

LethalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Interesting Angle

A pleasure to deal with

I've been with globird in the past and they've proved to be reliable and inexpensive with great customer support. Michelle helped me switch back to them after I moved quickly, all the information I needed was provided efficiently and comprehensively. The only issue I have with them is the lack of online account management, but honestly I haven't really found myself in a position to need it.

Julie

Julie

I had electricity connection for 3 years whilst renting. Never had a problem. Very responsive & professional when disconnecting. Great to pay bills early & receive a discount. No drop outs experienced

Alphonse L.Western District, VIC

For the perfect Australian; not the everyday Australian

Alphonse L.

Give me a better options!!!!

Globird gives a better option when i ask if their is a way i can have a better option when it comes to my plan the agent help me with better offer , glad to have made a call and discuss it before changing to a different provider

Essentialservices hunter

Essentialservices hunterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Customer Service & Quick

Globird Energy is among the top 3 as far as pricing is concerned. The customer service is excellent. This is my 3rd year with Globird. Every offer from them is valid for maximum period of 12 months and you have to review after every 3 months to get the good offer.

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Try to keep your customers instead of winning them back

I just rejoined Globird. I was previously a customer of Globird for electricity, and changed to a competitor because of the better rates. Before I switched I called Globird asking for the same rate as the competitor offered, but Globird said they cannot match it. Now the competitor did the same so I am back to Globird with both electricity and gas. It just happened, so cannot offer anything else apart from the fact that the change went smoothly and hoping that next time Globird will be able to keep me as a customer for longer. After all we all want better rates. Thank you.

Rates and Fees
Alicia S.

Alicia S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cannot fault the customer service

I moved over to Globird purely for the price, but was amazed to find that the customer service was the best of any utility company I’ve come across.
When we received an incorrect bill through them from our actual energy supplier, they spent weeks fighting it on our behalf, and in the end, winning.
Thank you! Above and beyond.

PaulB

PaulBGippsland, VIC

Good customer service - discount is fantastic. Customer service operators are very helpful.

Standard suburban power supply no solar or assisted hot water.
Set up was easy just a phone 1 phone call was required.
Have only had 1 blackout in 2 years.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Thanks for your feedback Paul! We're glad that you're happy with our service and pricing!

Little big girl

Little big girlMelbourne Australia

Quick resolution

It was impossible to contact Globird Energy by telephone. Whichever number I used it rang out. However once I had emailed the Customer Service the tricky problem was resolved very quickly - in a matter of hours. I won't bother trying to phone them in future - the email service is great. Thank you.

ServicesGas
Reesy

ReesySouthwest, VIC

Very good service - go the extra mile

I have been in hospital and missed a payment. Globird after the date reminded me and said if a paid on that day I would still get the discount. As I always pay on time I was was allowed on remiss.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Overall very good, miss applied a meter read,

Overall Signup and billing has been good, customer service is normally good. We submit a meter read, this was not applied correctly and took a few emails and time out to call to address - even to get an apology. Emails's kept ignoring the actual issue of miss applied read. First estimate after moving to monthly by them automatically was $150.00 more bas on only 38 days, they are using bi-monthly data to apply to one month billing - not great. need to improve that, and apply meter read correctly

Francis R.

Francis R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No complaints so far

Seems to be a good deal at the moment. Pretty easy to set up and my one call to customer service about a billing issue was very quick and easily resolved.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Fantastic rates, good customer service

My grandmother lives alone on a pensioner income and has been struggling to maintain her gas and electricity bills. Globird offers incredibly low rates and has very friendly and helpful staff who helped facilitate her transition to better service.

Darryl

DarrylGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

New customer

I have recently reviewed the Vic Govt comparison site and found Globird my now Gas retailer. My figures show that I will be saving around $10 per 2 months. ie. old cost $60.00 now cost $50.00. I am looking forward to this saving. D Leech

Great prices

Prices are good, however you have to check every so often to see if the price is cheaper on the website than what you are getting, if so, give them a call or email and they will update your pricing.
Always good customer service.

J M

J M

VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE !

Very good customer service in Melbourne and good simple rates, I have signed up for electricity 9/10 I give them

SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Excellent response to emails, but huge hard-to-justify price rises.

Good for a year, but a HUGE drop in solar feed in tariff and significant increase in charges resulted in a 40% increase in total cost per month for me.
Responses to email queries were prompt, and clearly written by a native English speaker (which helps a lot.)
Their FIT (10 c/kwh) is now the lowest they can legally offer.

Geelong

GeelongGeelong

You don’t wait on hold for hours!

I only swapped recently after using the government comparison site. Like many other reviewers I also received a rate increase, but I compared the new rates with the rest of the market offers, and I’m still on the best deal for me. I had plenty of rate increases with my previous providers, who were the big companies. What I love is the fact that when I wanted to make a change to my account over the phone my call was answered almost immediately, and it is an Australian call centre. My issues was sorted quickly by a friendly staff member. The reason I switched from the big companies was bad customer service and price. I would be on hold for up to an hour waiting for service. I’m glad I switched.