6GME TX6500S

Stephen HinderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA93 posts

Scotty
ScottyGold Coast2 posts

Started out perfect

TX6500S worked great for the first few months, noticed the volume getting dull as the day went on. Battery clip lasted for a couple of months then broke. Had to rely on a zip tie to keep it together, and for a supposed high end unit, this flimsy battery clip has really let the product down.

Show details

Rob
Rob

Great UHF. Flimsy belt clip

I've had mine for 2-3yrs now and it's never failed... Ever!! The battery lasts up to 5 days on hi and over 7 days on low. I use the a MC008 mic and its bullet proof. Never had a problem with the speaker and i bought the leather cover for it. The only let down I've found is the belt clip. It's too flimsy and breaks near the spring retaining rod. GME needs to make these in billet alloy or a stronger plastic.

Show details

The Chad
The ChadHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Don't buy one utter rubbish... buy a Vertex standard much better build quality

Day one the battery retaining clip broke, & the GME logo fell off the unit.

I later found it in my car and reaffixed it to the unit.

The battery does not appear to hold charge or the battery indicator lies.

The battery retaining clip is the most flimsy ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

My Yaesu VX 426 is brilliant by comparison.

Actually the GME is total rubbish.

Never will I buy one again.

brian3,656 posts

about average

I bought a gme tx6500s and I too have the speaker problem which makes it very hard to hear other uhf cb operators and the charger isn't the best either got to muck around with it to get the unit going / if someone wants a radio that gets dropped at times it is better to get a 2 way radio that was built to military standards 810 protocols

brian

I had problems with the speaker pretty much since I bought it / I sent the radio away for repairs and got a brand new gme tx6500s hands held portable in it's place / I tested it on the local uhf repeater channel and the uhf cb transiever worked well

Stuart.G
Stuart.GBrisbane

Robust , don't think so

Bought this radio around June 2014 , the volume knob often falls off when ever its used with the belt clip, the battery locking clip is very poor indeed I have to use a zip tie now to keep the battery attached as its broken off very easerly , I wouldn't call it a robust unit for a trade people like myself. Proberly could have spent much less for a better designed unit.

Peter KojakBOLARO VLY6 posts

Deaf Speaker

I bought the TX6500S about 2 weeks ago but soon found that the speaker got softer and softer after about 2hrs of use. In the end you could hardly hear anything. I returned the radio to the Dealer to be returned to game for repairs and hope to have the unit back soon.

Just wondering if any one else has had the same problem?
Has a nice feel about it and as I work in the Snowfields during Winter, the waterproof capability is a bonus.
The water proof speaker mic does not allow for a earpiece jack to be used.

Peter Kojak

GME have replaced the faulty unit within 3 weeks after testing and this one works fine.

Terry Ward
Terry Ward

Just purchased a new GME 5W TX6600S and I left it over night to charge so that I could use it today. However the battery is still only indicating 1 of 3 bars in the battery charge icon. Is the charger or phone a dudd?

Stephen Hinder

Contact GME service, they are good people. But I must say that should not have happened!

COLIN J
COLIN J

4500 about 4 years old hardly used speaker sounds like everyones on helium ??

Ash
Ash

Hi just had tx 4500 wired up yesterday. Worked when ignition turned on and volume dial turned on. When to turn on this morning and nothing. Radio appears not to turn on and light up screen. Checked power supply to unit and there is power to it. Hardly used since new. Anyone shed some light on the subject please. Is there a fuse internally I can check?.Cheers

brian

Greenwhich marine electronics ultra high frequency citizens band radios = hums

I have switched to icom, vertex standard and Kenwood radios

CategoryUHF & VHF Radios