GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 2 of 16)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (40)
    • 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (73) · No (4)
rob k

rob kSouth East Queensland, QLD

a terrific not for profit health insurer

What is seldom pointed out is that GMHBA is part of a coalition of 5 health unsurers including Defence Health. It is no fly by night organisation. The only way it can be better, actually, is if one lives in Victoria where it is based. This is a good deal especially for Dentistry. I wish it could set up facilities in other states. Nonetheless, it is terrific. As a not for profit facility they do listen to their members. Additionally they are very good value. I have done the rounds of the biggies, as I grew older and became pension dependent. I can guarantee it.

gerry161

gerry161Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still good

Have no problems for many years, not sure if it is the cheapest Extras but probably close. Good service if I call them none of this offshore contact centre rubbish.

QA professional

QA professionalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely worth it!

Been with GMHBA 20+ years. Few claims early on but more as we got older. Don't know what we'd have done without GMHBA when we needed it most. Always excellent!

Rod

RodSouthwest, VIC

I have been with gmhba since 1960, fantastic.

Good value, over the years we have made many claims from within Australia and overseas. Always resolved quickly. Been with GMBA since 1960. As I get older our long term membership is much appreciated.

Wendy M.

Wendy M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gmhba is a wonderful health insurance I work in a hospital and are extremely happy with my cover!

I am not sure but a few years more than 15 years as my previous Health Insurance Goldfields in Perth closed and I had to choose another one and I chose GMHBA

Robert

RobertGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

First class health cover

Transferred to GMHBA around 10 years ago. Rates are very competitive and rebates better than the major insurer we previously used. Any phone queries have always been answered with politeness and competence. Claims via mail are processed quickly. Couldn’t be happier, and always happy to recommend to others

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

We only have top extras cover but believe it very good value

Value for money
Easy to upload a receipt and claim direct to our bank a/c
Been with GMHBA a very long time
I feel its much easier to work online for all information and also have found the chat line wonderful to answer my questions.

Claim MadeNo

very helpful staff

found that the staff were very helpful when i was wanting to change my health insurance and they weren't pushy like some other companies
they also answered all my questions so it was easy to understand

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

I am more than happy with GMHBA

I have been with GMHBA for 10+ years, claiming some extras but a year ago was questioning whether to continue with hospital cover; and then I had a nasty fall and suffered multiple fractures... very nasty. Thank goodness for GMHBA for covering all my hospital and rehab. expenses. And the came the diagnoses of Parkinson's Disease. Thanks to GMHBA, I am having physiotherapy and voice therapy. This new world of Parkinson's is quite scary but having the support of this health fund eases the anxiety. Excellent value.

Chris E

Chris E

I have never had a issue with GMHBA

I have at times had poor health. I have never had a issue with any claims that I can remember. Whenever I speak to someone they are always very polite and helpful. Whilst it is a huge battle to pay for premium there is no way I would consider to change it. My father actually fitted out the first office and was a member all his life. I have been very proud to still be a member.

JannHunter Region, NSW

Policy compares well but dodgy accounting problems

Reasonably priced policy. We usually pay annually, but with Covid issues, decided to go monthly. That got annoying, so we enquired re paying the balance of the year i.e. 9 months. Following month we recieved a dishonour fee from the bank. GMHBA had tried to withdraw 12 months payment for 9 months cover. Finally rectified that issue and paid for 1 month. The next month, same thing...dishonour fee, attempted payment for 12 months, this time for 8 months cover. We demanded they compensate both dishonour fees...so far only recieved one. Accounts dept need to let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. They get one more chance.

George D.

George D.Victoria

Perfect for a retired couple living in regional Victoria

Great policy at highest level without pregnancy cover. Local eyewear outlet is excellent. Recent knee replacement covered without excess for surgeon. Has dental affiliates too. I recomme d this product highly.

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

insurance ok private hospital In town is rubbish and and no other choice

It’s ok good there is a branch in town for us oldies otherwise it doesnt matter all Same or similar prices no one likes talking to a robot so that’s my waver

Claim MadeNo

Siew-Hoon

Siew-HoonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An expensive necessity

Compared to other policies, at last review , it appears as good as or better than others . I have been with GMHBA for approximately 40 years and have found my dealings better than satisfactory

creecy

creecySouthwest, VIC

We are happy

It is a local fund
The profits could/should keep our premiums lower

The phone system is slow ,which can be annoying, an update colin breed slow phone

Update on the net would be good

Denny

DennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great policy

Policy is good value for money
We have lodged claims and refund was speedy and easily lodged over the phone
Have been with this company for 2 years and have not had any worries

Shaw M

Shaw MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very good and useful support.

# We have been with GMHBA for nearly 8 years !
# We were assisted in setting up our policy by a broker and it has been very good value.
# All claims have been met very promptly and all queries answered efficiently.

Margaret

MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

People need to have a good Health Fund

I have found over the years that GMHBA has given good value. However on the prognosis that you only get what you pay for I have always had top hospital cover that has worked fairly well for me. I am not sure how long I have been with GMHBA but is many years.

Patto

PattoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Have always felt comfortable with it

Amember from the 1970's (IOOF-GMHBA) My family-Daughter's family loyal 50 yrs. Meant nothing.Daughter recently refused support-operation deemed not covered. Someone in ‘Authority’ could've shown compassion. It's about people Not money

Lynne

Lynne

Yes, GMHBA is very necessary.

Yes, I feel my policy is good value, it would surely have been easy to set up, I have been with GMHBA since I first started working, I have lodged claims over the years and they were resolved immediately,

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke

Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

Joyce H.

Joyce H.asked

How do I claim on a podiatry paid account ,I am in gold class over the internet

Jann

Contact GMHBA and they can send you a direct link to send a photo image of the account. Very easy and payment is usually in your account within 1 - 2 days. Then each time you make a claim you use that same link.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions