GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 3 of 16)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (40)
    • 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (73) · No (4)
Jan

JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

We have no problems at all with GMHBA. Continue the great service.

We have been able to put in claims for Dental, Optical and pharmacy receipts. All claims have been received with GMHBA with immediate results. We have been with GMHBA for 2 years and very happy with continued service.

Happy

We have no problems with GMHBA
All claims have been processed at hospital level. Had some out of pocket expenses
I like our policy as it covered us for everything but pregnancy.

Penelope

PenelopePerth, WA

Perfect for me & family

This policy is what we were looking for and unfortunately our previous fund was not as good. Claiming is easy rebates are excellent highly recommend to our friends and family

Trevor

TrevorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

We all need Hospital Benefits

I am about to go and see a specialist about my knee that has become very painful / arthritis over a number of years and I have been waiting for the stem cell research to be completed as I do not want a full knee construction, so I am hoping it is covered by GMHBA, as I have been a member for over 40 years.

Keith

KeithSouthwest, VIC

Geelong’s own, who does it very well!

Very happy with value, service and culture of the organisation. Always recommend. Very much part of Geelong community and supports many worthwhile endeavours. That’s all we really need to say.

Ray Carroll

Ray Carroll

Life Saver

Very good value.
Excellent time frame for claims.
A long, long time!
Nothing else to say at this point in time. Ridiculous to have the rule of having at least thirty words when all is covered above.

jelborough

jelboroughSouthwest, VIC

very happy

My policy suits our needs and wants have been happy with enquires and excellent customer service regarding our claims I have a member of GMHBA my claims have had the same day turn around if not a phone call response has happened nearly all the time. I only have had an excellent experience with GMHBA

Not sure

Easy to use and good to use has been easy to make an offer have been with GMA for a few years with great results and for years to come

Bob

BobSouthwest, VIC

Great friendly detailed service provider

It is great value taking into account all the options & potential medical issues.
It only took days to resolve and payback the claim
I / my family have been members for 25 + Years

Meercat

Meercat

Expensive but okay

Good staff who are always helpful. Dental cover minimal.
Would like to see a comparison with other insurance companies comparing apples with apples.
Will review costs inApril 2020 to decide on future insurance

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Always extremely helpful and happy staff willing to help you with whatever your query is. Great

Do not have anything to say we are just very happy whenever I have to ring the staff are always extremely polite and helpful, never have any intention of going to i-select to find another private health care we will stick with the one that we have been with for many years actually we were originally members with Druids which GMHBA took over.

Andrew

AndrewWestern District, VIC

Am a Loyal Customer of GMHBA

I have been with GMHBA for 30 years and have always had great customer service, The policies are competitive and sometimes with Corporate Extras, Better refunds.Could not recommend highly enough !

Debra

DebraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I only have extras but as it’s top cover I am very pleased with my out of pocket expense

I have been a member for quite along time and don’t plan on leaving anytime soon so I will continue with this membership. If I find a better job with a good pay rate I would consider adding hospital

Lagb

LagbVictoria

No environmental commitment

While other health insurance companies are divesting away from the fossil fuel industry, GMHBA has made no such commitment. I will be changing to a different fund by April 1 if no environmental commitment is made by GMHBA

Bruce W.

Bruce W.

Poor customer service

The GMHBA website had an issue whereby a member couldn't log in and this was an issue for over a month. Extremely poor customer service and no response to a telephone call and an email (sent over a month ago) asking for a comparison of the various levels of cover provided plus costs. Have subsequently changed providers for Private Health cover.

Macey

Macey

A very disappointing insurance.

I wasn't made aware of the waiting periods on dental check ups and xrays during the sale of the insurance.
I was hit with a massive bill and a decline on my health insurance card. I didn't even receive an apology from customer service. They weren't bothered in the slightest. I cancelled immediately and unfortunately was left massively out of pocket.

Cassandra

CassandraSydney, NSW

Great people benefits good but bumpy claims process and short staffed on phones and in claims note...

Great until you claim about hospital admission.....issues with item numbers
Issues charging excess where didn't apply not sure what happened....?
Great staff but multiple problems claiming - item numbers argued about with surgery
Claims Process not aligned with surgeon caused angst with parties involved
Maybe not enough technical staff for claims enquiries ?.dont know
Staff very professional esp [name removed] is amazing and [name removed] too.
But.... claims process via email very bumpy lots of swings and roundabouts but this and that....
Issues contacting with long wait times 10 day wait for claiming minimum 15-20min wait on phone. Great people. High premiums.

Troublemaker

Troublemaker

I don't do reviews but they are OK

Only doing this to stop the annoying pop-ups that keep appearing on my machine.
You want 30 words well here goes - ten nine eight seven six five four three two one.

RoseL

RoseL

Health Insurance is expensive and refunds are at best average.

I pay for Silver + Hospital which is top cover for seniors. For my recent hospitalisation I paid an excess ($250 being half of annual excess as I've had a previous admission this year). The GAP after Medicare and Health Fund refunds for my surgeon was more than half of the fee, and the GAP after refunds for my anaethetist was more than one third of the fee.
Health Insurance Premiums have increased markedly in recent years but despite paying more the refunds are growing expotentially. It is time the Health Funds lobbied the Government for changes that see premiums increasing less and refunds increasing more.
It is becoming less attractive for me to continue being insured when Public Hospital care is free!

Happy customer

Can't remember when I joined, but I am more than happy with my GMHBA membership - claims are always handled promptly. My only problem is following the on line claims system so have reverted to hard copy.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke

Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

Joyce H.

Joyce H.asked

How do I claim on a podiatry paid account ,I am in gold class over the internet

Jann

Contact GMHBA and they can send you a direct link to send a photo image of the account. Very easy and payment is usually in your account within 1 - 2 days. Then each time you make a claim you use that same link.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions