GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (2)
Kerry King

Kerry King Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If I could give a negative score I would

Lagb

LagbVictoria

No environmental commitment

While other health insurance companies are divesting away from the fossil fuel industry, GMHBA has made no such commitment. I will be changing to a different fund by April 1 if no environmental commitment is made by GMHBA

Claim MadeNo
Shane oliver

Shane oliverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most dishonest and thieving insurer.

I have been with GMHBA for the past 11 years, recently their benefits started to reduce and the premium started to go up, steeply. As a result, I have called them to cancel the membership on a specific date, a date prior to the next premium is due. As, I have paid upto that month. But only to receive an email the day after the call, that the insurance has been canceled on that day. But, refused refund the money for 20 odd days or so, which I have paid in advance.

Find out how GMHBA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Unable to sympathise to a pts need even after giving incorrect information

Ms Middleton

Ms MiddletonWestern Australia

most pathetic, unhelpful, unworkable insurance company

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Worst insurance and very rude customer care

I don't think this insurance is worth looking at, first they don't keep their word, secondly the customer care is rude and doesn't know anything about their product and pull gov policies from answering the questions. I requested to close the policy so they offered me new cheaper policy with reduced benefits but still charging the same, secondly when i ask why they are doing like that, they give me some gov policies things which no one mentioned any time in any form of communication. Why do we need medical insurance for just this extra headache? Worst provider, please beware of them...

Kim Testa

Kim Testa

Be very Wary

We were lured to this Fund with the promise that we would have continued cover when we changed funds. This was not the case. Be very wary when joining this Fund. Needless to say we went back to HCF

Hannah

HannahSydney, NSW

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

The guy I spoke to from GMHBA was rude and I felt like I was asking stupid questions about claims. And it's not stated in their policy that all their accredited dental clinics are only in Melbourne. My family lives in Sydney.

I have never had s problem with GMHBA but waiting for a payment from you since 1st October is prett

3years and you have been excellent . I don’t think I should have to wait this long for reimbursement. Do you ?

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Kajo

Kajomelbourne

Periodontal cover rebates were 2% of the cost of the Item.

On a $3,000 bill I was rebated $63.50. They said this was a 65% rebate. Item wasn't even listed under Periodontal but rather Dentist (Registered) clearly as an attempt not to pay the full amount. I am changing Health Providers.

Mon

MonAU

No customer service

Been with GMHBA for a number of years; asked a simple question about the amount of upcoming premium (due on 5/2)...they closed the enquiry without responding.
Been waiting another day; still no response.
Such a simple request; I question how this company goes for anything complicated.
Will be moving elsewhere.

Hatetodoit

HatetodoitGeelong

Was a great company

I always believed in GMHBA, with a membership for over 6 years. Unfortunately, the business is changing and not for the better. After hearing about management forcing an employee to resign the day they had arrived back to work after a suicide attempt, my heart sank. This is not the GMHBA that I was a member of. This is not the Geelong company I believed in. Mental Health is just as serious as any other hospital admission and it seems that GMHBA does not support their own staff with mental health, how can they support their members.

Ad

Don't do it - just dont do it

Terrible service, misleading quote resulting in me paying more than my previous fund. They didn't send the clearance certificate to my new fund - just appalling service. Don't do it.

Ian H

Ian HHope Island

Regional insurer no gap agreements with pathology in QLD

Seem to be very much a Victorian Regional society only, not a supplier nationally, was out of pocket by $600 on a stay in private ( amongst other oop's) when I confronted the pathology company they advised they had no agreement with GMHBA, which GMHBA later confirmed in writing, pathologist's advised a number of providers where if I were with them I would have had no out of pocket. Cannot move to a new provider as I have pre existing and would need to serve 12 months with anyone, nice one GMHBA. Defiantly not a friendly society, read the wage costs in the annual reports someone is doing well.

Poor form suggest to do your homework well!

RobS

RobSSouthwest, VIC

Dont Go Here

Promptly takes your money
BUT
Impossible to contact by phone or text

Customer Support ................ WHERE ???
Waited 15 + minutes on the phone
Waited 20+ minutes on text
without response

Worst Health Care Provider

Horrible Horrible Horrible.. Impossible to lodge a claim with them. Worst cover on extras. As I joined a new employer I had to change my health cover from CBHS to GMHBA (as employer was providing it), all my healthcare experience turned nightmarish.
I sent them a claim through post but it never made it to their claims team. Online claims through their website is worst. Try reaching on call centre, it is easier to reach Medicare customer support.
Stay away unless you are forced to stay with them like me.

Jzee

JzeeMelbourne

Terrible! Buyer beware!

This company is a law on themselves! As a result of one dishonor they suspend services without any notification to me. They then tried to tell me they sent a letter when they hadn't and tried fudging the dates on the letter of notification to me! How they could tell me they sent a letter on 27th sep when the date on the letter showed 28th is a blatant lie! Dont even try and send a formal complaint to their Complaints manager as my experience was that there is a collusion with their Customer Service Dept staff! So much for their Putting members first before profits motto!

Don't fall into trap

When they want you to sign up they promise you everything under the sun until you want to get to the knitty,gritty they don't want to know you,when switched over from my previous health fund they told they will honor the waiting time I had with my previous health fund,when my wife wanted to operation we were. Told they don't us having the operation in a rprivate hospital with a choice of specialist we can only have the operation in public hospital .so I gave them the flick,joined with reputable health fund.take it from me don't fall into their promises.

Joanne

JoanneSydney, NSW

Budget Direct Health Insurance - which is GMHBA

So from the beginning:
Signed up in August 2014 when there was a 2 month free campagin. No surprise but they charged me straight away. Had the wrong level of cover. They had assured me that my cover was the same. They just failed to tell me they had cut off the hospital cover. I already knew I needed that again as my daughter had grommets and needed more. Then they make claiming impossible like right now when I am claiming the most pitiful amount of money again about $100 it has taken me about 30 minutes - system keeps timing out. The reason I am claiming online is they cancelled my card with no consulation and claim the sent me a new one which is rot. I know most of these companies are sharks but seriously!!!!!

emma111

emma111melbourne

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH GMHBA

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke

Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

Joyce H.

Joyce H.asked

How do I claim on a podiatry paid account ,I am in gold class over the internet

Jann

Contact GMHBA and they can send you a direct link to send a photo image of the account. Very easy and payment is usually in your account within 1 - 2 days. Then each time you make a claim you use that same link.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions