GMHBA Health Insurance

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (3)

Misleading Money Back Guarantee Claims

Lisam
Lisam

Good policy zero customer service

I have been happy with cover but changing providers. I moved interstate and the updated policy had incomprehensible wording on ambulance cover. Emails went unanswered fir weeks unable to get thru on phone. Last time I had issue same deal, took weeks or emails and calls to fix a simple thing. Don't have the time.

kirbrit
kirbritSydney, NSW

GMHBA - try cancelling!!!

Got email from GMHBA saying they're re-activating my account that I told them I cancelled after their ridiculous prices where expensive gaps still need to be paid.
Called them .. talked to someone after a wait. Got a load of questions as to why I'm cancelling. Suddenly he was having trouble hearing me when I persisted on the cancellation after he "offered" a lower rate. He hung up.
Rang back .. option 1 .. hung up
Rang back .. took option 2 to get around the hang ups .. got to the same point ... also having trouble hearing me .. hung up.
Nothing wrong with the phone. I don't think this mob wish to hear about cancellations. The "line" goes dodgy when the answer is no.

Claim Made No

If I could give a negative score I would

Lagb
LagbVictoria

No environmental commitment

While other health insurance companies are divesting away from the fossil fuel industry, GMHBA has made no such commitment. I will be changing to a different fund by April 1 if no environmental commitment is made by GMHBA

Claim Made No
Bruce W.
Bruce W.

Poor customer service

The GMHBA website had an issue whereby a member couldn't log in and this was an issue for over a month. Extremely poor customer service and no response to a telephone call and an email (sent over a month ago) asking for a comparison of the various levels of cover provided plus costs. Have subsequently changed providers for Private Health cover.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Macey
Macey

A very disappointing insurance.

I wasn't made aware of the waiting periods on dental check ups and xrays during the sale of the insurance.
I was hit with a massive bill and a decline on my health insurance card. I didn't even receive an apology from customer service. They weren't bothered in the slightest. I cancelled immediately and unfortunately was left massively out of pocket.

Cassandra
CassandraSydney, NSW

Great people benefits good but bumpy claims process and short staffed on phones and in claims note...

Great until you claim about hospital admission.....issues with item numbers
Issues charging excess where didn't apply not sure what happened....?
Great staff but multiple problems claiming - item numbers argued about with surgery
Claims Process not aligned with surgeon caused angst with parties involved
Maybe not enough technical staff for claims enquiries ?.dont know
Staff very professional esp [name removed] is amazing and [name removed] too.
But.... claims process via email very bumpy lots of swings and roundabouts but this and that....
Issues contacting with long wait times 10 day wait for claiming minimum 15-20min wait on phone. Great people. High premiums.

Shane oliver
Shane oliverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most dishonest and thieving insurer.

I have been with GMHBA for the past 11 years, recently their benefits started to reduce and the premium started to go up, steeply. As a result, I have called them to cancel the membership on a specific date, a date prior to the next premium is due. As, I have paid upto that month. But only to receive an email the day after the call, that the insurance has been canceled on that day. But, refused refund the money for 20 odd days or so, which I have paid in advance.

Unable to sympathise to a pts need even after giving incorrect information

Ms Middleton
Ms MiddletonWestern Australia

most pathetic, unhelpful, unworkable insurance company

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Worst insurance and very rude customer care

I don't think this insurance is worth looking at, first they don't keep their word, secondly the customer care is rude and doesn't know anything about their product and pull gov policies from answering the questions. I requested to close the policy so they offered me new cheaper policy with reduced benefits but still charging the same, secondly when i ask why they are doing like that, they give me some gov policies things which no one mentioned any time in any form of communication. Why do we need medical insurance for just this extra headache? Worst provider, please beware of them...

Anna
AnnaPerth

BEWARE of their random audits!!!

We have been with them for approx 5 years and have had good service until recently. Beware of their random audits. We were recently asked to provide around 40 receipts dating back 2 years ago. The audit team are also fairly accusatory. I think they use their "random" audits to try to annoy customers so they leave. They might try to use it to get rid of customers they don't want anymore.

Kim Testa
Kim Testa

Be very Wary

We were lured to this Fund with the promise that we would have continued cover when we changed funds. This was not the case. Be very wary when joining this Fund. Needless to say we went back to HCF

Marlene K
Marlene Kasked

Does GMHBA cover some/all the cost of blood pressure monitors

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions