GMHBA Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (25) · No (3)

Misleading Money Back Guarantee Claims

Lisam
Lisam

Good policy zero customer service

I have been happy with cover but changing providers. I moved interstate and the updated policy had incomprehensible wording on ambulance cover. Emails went unanswered fir weeks unable to get thru on phone. Last time I had issue same deal, took weeks or emails and calls to fix a simple thing. Don't have the time.

kirbrit
kirbritSydney, NSW

GMHBA - try cancelling!!!

Got email from GMHBA saying they're re-activating my account that I told them I cancelled after their ridiculous prices where expensive gaps still need to be paid.
Called them .. talked to someone after a wait. Got a load of questions as to why I'm cancelling. Suddenly he was having trouble hearing me when I persisted on the cancellation after he "offered" a lower rate. He hung up.
Rang back .. option 1 .. hung up
Rang back .. took option 2 to get around the hang ups .. got to the same point ... also having trouble hearing me .. hung up.
Nothing wrong with the phone. I don't think this mob wish to hear about cancellations. The "line" goes dodgy when the answer is no.

VVV
VVV

Terrible!

Paul
Paul

Good company slow each year with Tax Statements

Each year this fund is late collating statements for ATO last year was 21st of July 2021. Operator unhelpful when I enquired so I can do a tax return. Told me they were aiming for 8th of July but not really sure. Fund us ok just they put premiums up for existing members but gave new members 6 weeks free. They also didn’t rebate like some other funds due to Covid. Sadly I will have to change funds for a better deal.

Old boyNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Good fund if Victorian based

I have been with GMHBA a long time. Great service and reasonably priced. However after heart surgery I received Pathology Bills close to $2,000 from Capital Pathology ( I am a ACT resident) ...GMHBA do not have a no fee agreement with them. Most funds do. Always confused whether Ambulance is covered or not. No confusion with most other funds. Would get a better deal with dental/specs if I lived in Vic. Anyway, I think they are a great fund but maybe not for ACT residents.

Kerry King

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Always peace of mind with GMHBA

Once I found GMHBA (who?) some 25 or more years ago (it is probably longer), we have stayed with the same Cover (Hospital and Extras) with confidence and satisfaction. I have never looked at what the 'others' may be offering since joining GMHBA. It feels to me like I am part of a family.

Great organisation.

I have been with GMHBA for over 20 years. Easy claim submission and process. Website easy to use. Staff very easy to talk to and knowledgeable about claim details and policy content.

Darryl C.
Darryl C.South East Queensland, QLD

Happy with their medical cover

Good to have affordable Health Cover Insurance

Good Value,
Yes lodged a claim, resolved within two weeks,
Been with GMHBA for about 15-20 years
We review each year or second year so to get the best deal
Happy this year to stay with GMHBA.

John

Membership has been a valuable asset over the years

30 years membership meant a lot of money laid out in the early years but several health issues in the past ten years means we have been adequately covered and peace of mind has been of enormous value.

Leigh M.
Leigh M.Southwest, VIC

Too many rebateables.

On line claims excellent. Range of services covered too many and some of very doubtful medical efficacy Naturopathy is an extension of primitive medicine and is almost entirely un- substantiated.

bobfeatherston
bobfeatherstonPerth, WA

Insurance works but working with head office is problematic

I have been with GMHBA for more than thirty years and have found their insurance works well in claiming for all of my medical requirements but when I have tried to claim for the remainder of my Connect Rewards I have found problem after problem. I think the web sit could be made a bit easier to navigate.

Stuart
StuartGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just another Insurer that takes and gives little in return.

Policy was not good value. A recent experience showed me that GMHBA offered me nothing more than my previous Insurer, I was extremely disappointed in the service provided. Not happy.