GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (1)
Paul
Paul

Good company slow each year with Tax Statements

Each year this fund is late collating statements for ATO last year was 21st of July 2021. Operator unhelpful when I enquired so I can do a tax return. Told me they were aiming for 8th of July but not really sure. Fund us ok just they put premiums up for existing members but gave new members 6 weeks free. They also didn’t rebate like some other funds due to Covid. Sadly I will have to change funds for a better deal.

Old boyNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Good fund if Victorian based

I have been with GMHBA a long time. Great service and reasonably priced. However after heart surgery I received Pathology Bills close to $2,000 from Capital Pathology ( I am a ACT resident) ...GMHBA do not have a no fee agreement with them. Most funds do. Always confused whether Ambulance is covered or not. No confusion with most other funds. Would get a better deal with dental/specs if I lived in Vic. Anyway, I think they are a great fund but maybe not for ACT residents.

Stuart
StuartGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just another Insurer that takes and gives little in return.

Policy was not good value. A recent experience showed me that GMHBA offered me nothing more than my previous Insurer, I was extremely disappointed in the service provided. Not happy.

Jann
JannHunter Region, NSW

Policy compares well but dodgy accounting problems

Reasonably priced policy. We usually pay annually, but with Covid issues, decided to go monthly. That got annoying, so we enquired re paying the balance of the year i.e. 9 months. Following month we recieved a dishonour fee from the bank. GMHBA had tried to withdraw 12 months payment for 9 months cover. Finally rectified that issue and paid for 1 month. The next month, same thing...dishonour fee, attempted payment for 12 months, this time for 8 months cover. We demanded they compensate both dishonour fees...so far only recieved one. Accounts dept need to let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. They get one more chance.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

insurance ok private hospital In town is rubbish and and no other choice

It’s ok good there is a branch in town for us oldies otherwise it doesnt matter all Same or similar prices no one likes talking to a robot so that’s my waver

Claim Made No

Bruce W.
Bruce W.

Poor customer service

The GMHBA website had an issue whereby a member couldn't log in and this was an issue for over a month. Extremely poor customer service and no response to a telephone call and an email (sent over a month ago) asking for a comparison of the various levels of cover provided plus costs. Have subsequently changed providers for Private Health cover.

Macey
Macey

A very disappointing insurance.

I wasn't made aware of the waiting periods on dental check ups and xrays during the sale of the insurance.
I was hit with a massive bill and a decline on my health insurance card. I didn't even receive an apology from customer service. They weren't bothered in the slightest. I cancelled immediately and unfortunately was left massively out of pocket.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Cassandra
CassandraSydney, NSW

Great people benefits good but bumpy claims process and short staffed on phones and in claims note...

Great until you claim about hospital admission.....issues with item numbers
Issues charging excess where didn't apply not sure what happened....?
Great staff but multiple problems claiming - item numbers argued about with surgery
Claims Process not aligned with surgeon caused angst with parties involved
Maybe not enough technical staff for claims enquiries ?.dont know
Staff very professional esp [name removed] is amazing and [name removed] too.
But.... claims process via email very bumpy lots of swings and roundabouts but this and that....
Issues contacting with long wait times 10 day wait for claiming minimum 15-20min wait on phone. Great people. High premiums.

RoseL
RoseL

Health Insurance is expensive and refunds are at best average.

I pay for Silver + Hospital which is top cover for seniors. For my recent hospitalisation I paid an excess ($250 being half of annual excess as I've had a previous admission this year). The GAP after Medicare and Health Fund refunds for my surgeon was more than half of the fee, and the GAP after refunds for my anaethetist was more than one third of the fee.
Health Insurance Premiums have increased markedly in recent years but despite paying more the refunds are growing expotentially. It is time the Health Funds lobbied the Government for changes that see premiums increasing less and refunds increasing more.
It is becoming less attractive for me to continue being insured when Public Hospital care is free!

Eileen Kennedy
Eileen KennedyWestern District, VIC

Premiums keep rising and services reducing.

I have only used my plan for doctor visits and diagnostic testing, although I have used the extras package quite a bit. Claims are managed well at this level of us.

Pointless surveys

Private health insurance is not good value but a necessity.Slowly but surely the benefits diminishes as the premiums increase. All companies make it easy to sign up so pointless question.Claims are handled efficiently.I think about 6 or 7 years

Claim Made Yes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Trevor
TrevorSouthwest, VIC

Things that could be better

Have been with GMHBA for many years but do find that it is one of the more expensive funds and often out of pocket quite a bit - even when using GMHBA Dental etc. No major concerns really but high membership costs should reduce out of pocket expenses.

Satisfied with previous contacts

Policy was obtained from a take over from the Druids Lodge
Detail posted back within a few days, polite phone handling when information required.
Since takeover form Druids Hospital benefits-approx. 20 years

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Good but could be better!

Overall my policy is really good but I encountered problems with some stuff that every other health insurance covers and GMHBA won't cover a single dime for (example: sleep apnea machine). Also, I struggle to know my limits because they had "a problem in their system" for over a year now.

Adrian G.
Adrian G.Southwest, VIC

Improved Dental Benefits for all.