GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (2)
Judy c
Judy c

So glad we did it.

Transferred from HCF 20 months ago, got the same cover for less, so glad we did. Great customer service, very easy to deal with, and also very helpful.

Expensive but necessary

Both my wife and myself have been long time members of GMHBA ,over 50 years. We have raised a family of 3 children in this time.

happy to date

only been a member for 3 months to date we have been very happy with our membership. it was a very big call for us to move to a new fund, after 30 years with BUPA

Somewhat satisfactory

I have been with GMHBA health insurance for many years and find the hospital cover to be excellent. I am not as positive about the ancillaries cover as it has very low reimbursement amounts in most areas.

Kajo
Kajomelbourne

Periodontal cover rebates were 2% of the cost of the Item.

On a $3,000 bill I was rebated $63.50. They said this was a 65% rebate. Item wasn't even listed under Periodontal but rather Dentist (Registered) clearly as an attempt not to pay the full amount. I am changing Health Providers.

Will I or Wont I join up

I am debating to join the fund but reading your feedback makes me nervous but gives me lots to ask next time the phone person calls to get me to sign up and I will ask if it is recorded. They do make it sound like it is soooo easy.
Anyone have something eslt to add that I should be aware of. It is a real pain to switch health funds so don't want to be sorry but I am paying quite a substantial lot more where I am

Insurance claim madeNo

Still getting to know dental policy

I went into my dentist to get tooth lengthening my claim was declined because my dentist was not known to be a specialist (a periodontist) and for this procedure in there system, they will only pay out if they are a specialist so therefore my c was declined. Even though my dentist has performed many of these procedures and their health care insurers accepted their claims. Plus even if you go to a periodontist the appointment alone would of cost more than the treatment.
So check first with your treatment plan to see if you'll be able to claim.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Mon
MonAU

No customer service

Been with GMHBA for a number of years; asked a simple question about the amount of upcoming premium (due on 5/2)...they closed the enquiry without responding.
Been waiting another day; still no response.
Such a simple request; I question how this company goes for anything complicated.
Will be moving elsewhere.

Hatetodoit
HatetodoitGeelong

Was a great company

I always believed in GMHBA, with a membership for over 6 years. Unfortunately, the business is changing and not for the better. After hearing about management forcing an employee to resign the day they had arrived back to work after a suicide attempt, my heart sank. This is not the GMHBA that I was a member of. This is not the Geelong company I believed in. Mental Health is just as serious as any other hospital admission and it seems that GMHBA does not support their own staff with mental health, how can they support their members.

Find out how GMHBA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Don't do it - just dont do it

Terrible service, misleading quote resulting in me paying more than my previous fund. They didn't send the clearance certificate to my new fund - just appalling service. Don't do it.

Plettz
PlettzKiama

A little dubious - were quick to send out direct debit rejections

I joined GMHBA via Members' Own aggregator and was told by Members' Own that I would be billed two weeks or so after joining up which was on a Saturday. Anyway, Monday came and I didn't have enough in my credit card but GMHBA already tried to deduct my membership payments. The date my first payment would be taken which I advised of by Members' Own probably isn't GMHBA's fault but sure enough, I got a direct debit rejection letter. That rejection letter arrived quicker than my welcome letter or card. You know where their priorities lie.

I'll wait to see what happens when I actually need to claim something.

Ian H
Ian HHope Island

Regional insurer no gap agreements with pathology in QLD

Seem to be very much a Victorian Regional society only, not a supplier nationally, was out of pocket by $600 on a stay in private ( amongst other oop's) when I confronted the pathology company they advised they had no agreement with GMHBA, which GMHBA later confirmed in writing, pathologist's advised a number of providers where if I were with them I would have had no out of pocket. Cannot move to a new provider as I have pre existing and would need to serve 12 months with anyone, nice one GMHBA. Defiantly not a friendly society, read the wage costs in the annual reports someone is doing well.

Poor form suggest to do your homework well!

RobS
RobSSouthwest, VIC

Dont Go Here

Promptly takes your money
BUT
Impossible to contact by phone or text

Customer Support ................ WHERE ???
Waited 15 + minutes on the phone
Waited 20+ minutes on text
without response

Shiney68
Shiney68NSW

INITIAL experience is OK but yet to claim

I maybe a little disappointed at the moment as the transfer from old to new Insurer, the payments are still wrong as my old health Insurer are taking payments and GMBHA are not yet collecting the payments so the transfer process is failed, the terms look to be better than my previous but cost roughly the same so the claiming will be the deciding factor.

Sue
Sue

Disappointing start

Good value but very difficult to set up . We set the change over date a week ahead but a further month down the track we have not received our cards yet.
Also we should not have any waiting periods but it took 3 phone calls to sort out.
Customer support support so far were polite but didn't always do what promised. Hence 5 phone calls and still no cards

Worst Health Care Provider

Horrible Horrible Horrible.. Impossible to lodge a claim with them. Worst cover on extras. As I joined a new employer I had to change my health cover from CBHS to GMHBA (as employer was providing it), all my healthcare experience turned nightmarish.
I sent them a claim through post but it never made it to their claims team. Online claims through their website is worst. Try reaching on call centre, it is easier to reach Medicare customer support.
Stay away unless you are forced to stay with them like me.

Jzee
JzeeMelbourne

Terrible! Buyer beware!

This company is a law on themselves! As a result of one dishonor they suspend services without any notification to me. They then tried to tell me they sent a letter when they hadn't and tried fudging the dates on the letter of notification to me! How they could tell me they sent a letter on 27th sep when the date on the letter showed 28th is a blatant lie! Dont even try and send a formal complaint to their Complaints manager as my experience was that there is a collusion with their Customer Service Dept staff! So much for their Putting members first before profits motto!

Don't fall into trap

When they want you to sign up they promise you everything under the sun until you want to get to the knitty,gritty they don't want to know you,when switched over from my previous health fund they told they will honor the waiting time I had with my previous health fund,when my wife wanted to operation we were. Told they don't us having the operation in a rprivate hospital with a choice of specialist we can only have the operation in public hospital .so I gave them the flick,joined with reputable health fund.take it from me don't fall into their promises.

Joanne
JoanneSydney, NSW

Budget Direct Health Insurance - which is GMHBA

So from the beginning:
Signed up in August 2014 when there was a 2 month free campagin. No surprise but they charged me straight away. Had the wrong level of cover. They had assured me that my cover was the same. They just failed to tell me they had cut off the hospital cover. I already knew I needed that again as my daughter had grommets and needed more. Then they make claiming impossible like right now when I am claiming the most pitiful amount of money again about $100 it has taken me about 30 minutes - system keeps timing out. The reason I am claiming online is they cancelled my card with no consulation and claim the sent me a new one which is rot. I know most of these companies are sharks but seriously!!!!!

Watch the fees

Watch the credit card fees. They are over the top 2%. What a rip off. Should have the guts to include in Quote.

Chris H
Chris HMelbourne

So much wasted time

Extras limits are good for the athletically inclined but the pain of claiming is immense if you use your cover anywhere without HiCAPS (which is still plenty of places). The online claims method has never once worked for me - after going through the hassle I get told I have to do it in writing, and they don't do anything over the phone.

Effectively, the only two options for claiming your extras are
1.filling out a form and posting it, or
2. going to a branch.

I shudder at the thought of ever having to use my hospital cover. No call back option available, so if you do need to speak to them, expect a wait.

emma111
emma111melbourne

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH GMHBA

Shelley
ShelleyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Very poor customer service

After being a gold Member plus for 15 years, a recent claim fast became a humiliating and frustrating experience. Unable to claim online GMHBA insisted on hard copies to process a claim. Unable to weight bear for 6 weeks causing so much emotional distress and grief of which GMHBA could not empathise with. NOT HAPPY.

Gold Extra Dentistry Cover

Long customers but most upset with Gold Extra as there appears to be TWO options in its top GOLD cover for dentistry and it not been clearly articulated of same on our last renewal/upgrade of same i.e. Yesterday on their site showed that basic Gold covers listed procedures and listed rebate and another cover ( under same Gold Extra ) that attracts extra weekly premium of $2.40 a week and covers 75% of annual costs. Though today we are now advised that extra annual cost to total to cover 75% Gold will $29.25 per week?!!!!!! Now that is most upsetting to long standing client and most questionable of GMBH. Y & M.A.Avotins

Insurance claim madeYes

An absolute rip off, no help at all being insured with GMHBA - very disappointed