GMHBA Health Insurance

• <1 week (25)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (3)
Kerry King

Kerry King Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If I could give a negative score I would

Hasso

HassoSouthwest, VIC

Very good organisation

We are very happy with our policy as it covers us very well with the issues I have had over the past couple of years.
All claims have been dealt with very promptly and have not had any issues.
Have been a member for approx 20 years and happy with the professional manner of the staff.

David

DavidDarling Downs, QLD

We are very satisfied with GMHBA Health Insurance

The policies are good value and easy to set up and change as needed.
Telephone stall are always most helpful and knowledgeable.
We have been with GMHBA since 2005, when we changed from Medibank Private.
We have a Singles Policy each to suit are separate needs.

Brian C.

Brian C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Hospital Cover overall @ reasonable costs with good range of partnered Hospitals.

Good value Cover & inclusions, easy to communicate with actual staff/persons. Easy re Claims with good actions taken & resolved = satisfied customers over our years with GMHBA & would recommend for Overall Cover Hospital/Medical.

Deb

DebIllawarra, NSW

Great value

A wide range of policies at very competitive prices. Excellent customer service and easy to set up a policy and claims. Any queries are answered promptly. We have been with GMHBA for about 3 years now.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Great Company. Happy with service, always friendly and helpful. I have recommended GMHBA to many of my friends.

The policy is good value. The staff in the office at Hoppers Crossing were wonderful. They explained everything and helped us with the best policy appropriate for us. Unfortunately the office is no longer here , that’s the only thing we are not happy with. We’ve been with them for 5 years.

Anne42

Anne42Hunter Region, NSW

Good Policy

Extras good value but unable to claim exercise classes etc because I have had this policy for a long time, approx 22 yrs. very easy to set policy up. Staff helpful.

tasha0039

tasha0039South East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy

I think my policy is good value for money. I have been with GMHBA for around one year and have no complaints. The amount paid for my dental treatment is very good. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

I have been a Member since 1956 and I have always felt GMHBA has been good for me .

As stated above we have been members for a long time , the claim system which is now " online " is a big improvement on the old system of filling out forms and posting it in .

Helen

HelenSouthwest, VIC

Came to the rescue!

During the pandemic and stood down from work GMHBA offered me a hold on payments which I accepted, but when I needed surgery, just one phone call to the helpful staff at GMHBA I was able to get my surgery with all benefits. I honestly don't know what I would have done if it had not been for them. I would encourage everyone to join GMHBA.

rob k

rob kSouth East Queensland, QLD

a terrific not for profit health insurer

What is seldom pointed out is that GMHBA is part of a coalition of 5 health unsurers including Defence Health. It is no fly by night organisation. The only way it can be better, actually, is if one lives in Victoria where it is based. This is a good deal especially for Dentistry. I wish it could set up facilities in other states. Nonetheless, it is terrific. As a not for profit facility they do listen to their members. Additionally they are very good value. I have done the rounds of the biggies, as I grew older and became pension dependent. I can guarantee it.

gerry161

gerry161Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still good

Have no problems for many years, not sure if it is the cheapest Extras but probably close. Good service if I call them none of this offshore contact centre rubbish.

QA professional

QA professionalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely worth it!

Been with GMHBA 20+ years. Few claims early on but more as we got older. Don't know what we'd have done without GMHBA when we needed it most. Always excellent!

Rod

RodSouthwest, VIC

I have been with gmhba since 1960, fantastic.

Good value, over the years we have made many claims from within Australia and overseas. Always resolved quickly. Been with GMBA since 1960. As I get older our long term membership is much appreciated.

Wendy M.

Wendy M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gmhba is a wonderful health insurance I work in a hospital and are extremely happy with my cover!

I am not sure but a few years more than 15 years as my previous Health Insurance Goldfields in Perth closed and I had to choose another one and I chose GMHBA

Claim MadeYes

Robert

RobertGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

First class health cover

Transferred to GMHBA around 10 years ago. Rates are very competitive and rebates better than the major insurer we previously used. Any phone queries have always been answered with politeness and competence. Claims via mail are processed quickly. Couldn’t be happier, and always happy to recommend to others

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

We only have top extras cover but believe it very good value

Value for money
Easy to upload a receipt and claim direct to our bank a/c
Been with GMHBA a very long time
I feel its much easier to work online for all information and also have found the chat line wonderful to answer my questions.

very helpful staff

found that the staff were very helpful when i was wanting to change my health insurance and they weren't pushy like some other companies
they also answered all my questions so it was easy to understand

Ad

I am more than happy with GMHBA

I have been with GMHBA for 10+ years, claiming some extras but a year ago was questioning whether to continue with hospital cover; and then I had a nasty fall and suffered multiple fractures... very nasty. Thank goodness for GMHBA for covering all my hospital and rehab. expenses. And the came the diagnoses of Parkinson's Disease. Thanks to GMHBA, I am having physiotherapy and voice therapy. This new world of Parkinson's is quite scary but having the support of this health fund eases the anxiety. Excellent value.

Chris E

Chris E

I have never had a issue with GMHBA

I have at times had poor health. I have never had a issue with any claims that I can remember. Whenever I speak to someone they are always very polite and helpful. Whilst it is a huge battle to pay for premium there is no way I would consider to change it. My father actually fitted out the first office and was a member all his life. I have been very proud to still be a member.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke

Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann
Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions