GMHBA Health Insurance

• <1 week (30)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (4)

Misleading Money Back Guarantee Claims

Lisam
Lisam

Good policy zero customer service

I have been happy with cover but changing providers. I moved interstate and the updated policy had incomprehensible wording on ambulance cover. Emails went unanswered fir weeks unable to get thru on phone. Last time I had issue same deal, took weeks or emails and calls to fix a simple thing. Don't have the time.

kirbrit
kirbritSydney, NSW

GMHBA - try cancelling!!!

Got email from GMHBA saying they're re-activating my account that I told them I cancelled after their ridiculous prices where expensive gaps still need to be paid.
Called them .. talked to someone after a wait. Got a load of questions as to why I'm cancelling. Suddenly he was having trouble hearing me when I persisted on the cancellation after he "offered" a lower rate. He hung up.
Rang back .. option 1 .. hung up
Rang back .. took option 2 to get around the hang ups .. got to the same point ... also having trouble hearing me .. hung up.
Nothing wrong with the phone. I don't think this mob wish to hear about cancellations. The "line" goes dodgy when the answer is no.

Tony
TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy.

We have been with GMHBA for 14 years and are very happy with them claiming is very simple and easy,
We have never had any complaints with GMHBA they have always been there to help when needed.

VVV
VVV

Terrible!

Paul
Paul

Good company slow each year with Tax Statements

Each year this fund is late collating statements for ATO last year was 21st of July 2021. Operator unhelpful when I enquired so I can do a tax return. Told me they were aiming for 8th of July but not really sure. Fund us ok just they put premiums up for existing members but gave new members 6 weeks free. They also didn’t rebate like some other funds due to Covid. Sadly I will have to change funds for a better deal.

Old boyNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Good fund if Victorian based

I have been with GMHBA a long time. Great service and reasonably priced. However after heart surgery I received Pathology Bills close to $2,000 from Capital Pathology ( I am a ACT resident) ...GMHBA do not have a no fee agreement with them. Most funds do. Always confused whether Ambulance is covered or not. No confusion with most other funds. Would get a better deal with dental/specs if I lived in Vic. Anyway, I think they are a great fund but maybe not for ACT residents.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

If I could give a negative score I would

Hasso
HassoSouthwest, VIC

Very good organisation

We are very happy with our policy as it covers us very well with the issues I have had over the past couple of years.
All claims have been dealt with very promptly and have not had any issues.
Have been a member for approx 20 years and happy with the professional manner of the staff.

David
DavidDarling Downs, QLD

We are very satisfied with GMHBA Health Insurance

The policies are good value and easy to set up and change as needed.
Telephone stall are always most helpful and knowledgeable.
We have been with GMHBA since 2005, when we changed from Medibank Private.
We have a Singles Policy each to suit are separate needs.

Brian C.
Brian C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Hospital Cover overall @ reasonable costs with good range of partnered Hospitals.

Good value Cover & inclusions, easy to communicate with actual staff/persons. Easy re Claims with good actions taken & resolved = satisfied customers over our years with GMHBA & would recommend for Overall Cover Hospital/Medical.

Deb
DebIllawarra, NSW

Great value

A wide range of policies at very competitive prices. Excellent customer service and easy to set up a policy and claims. Any queries are answered promptly. We have been with GMHBA for about 3 years now.

Find out how GMHBA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Great Company. Happy with service, always friendly and helpful. I have recommended GMHBA to many of my friends.

The policy is good value. The staff in the office at Hoppers Crossing were wonderful. They explained everything and helped us with the best policy appropriate for us. Unfortunately the office is no longer here , that’s the only thing we are not happy with. We’ve been with them for 5 years.

Anne42
Anne42Hunter Region, NSW

Good Policy

Extras good value but unable to claim exercise classes etc because I have had this policy for a long time, approx 22 yrs. very easy to set policy up. Staff helpful.

tasha0039
tasha0039South East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy

I think my policy is good value for money. I have been with GMHBA for around one year and have no complaints. The amount paid for my dental treatment is very good. Thank you.

Marlene K
Marlene Kasked

Does GMHBA cover some/all the cost of blood pressure monitors

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions