GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (30)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (4)

We only have top extras cover but believe it very good value

Value for money
Easy to upload a receipt and claim direct to our bank a/c
Been with GMHBA a very long time
I feel its much easier to work online for all information and also have found the chat line wonderful to answer my questions.

Graham
GrahamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very helpful staff

found that the staff were very helpful when i was wanting to change my health insurance and they weren't pushy like some other companies
they also answered all my questions so it was easy to understand

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

I am more than happy with GMHBA

I have been with GMHBA for 10+ years, claiming some extras but a year ago was questioning whether to continue with hospital cover; and then I had a nasty fall and suffered multiple fractures... very nasty. Thank goodness for GMHBA for covering all my hospital and rehab. expenses. And the came the diagnoses of Parkinson's Disease. Thanks to GMHBA, I am having physiotherapy and voice therapy. This new world of Parkinson's is quite scary but having the support of this health fund eases the anxiety. Excellent value.

Chris E
Chris E

I have never had a issue with GMHBA

I have at times had poor health. I have never had a issue with any claims that I can remember. Whenever I speak to someone they are always very polite and helpful. Whilst it is a huge battle to pay for premium there is no way I would consider to change it. My father actually fitted out the first office and was a member all his life. I have been very proud to still be a member.

Jann
JannHunter Region, NSW

Policy compares well but dodgy accounting problems

Reasonably priced policy. We usually pay annually, but with Covid issues, decided to go monthly. That got annoying, so we enquired re paying the balance of the year i.e. 9 months. Following month we recieved a dishonour fee from the bank. GMHBA had tried to withdraw 12 months payment for 9 months cover. Finally rectified that issue and paid for 1 month. The next month, same thing...dishonour fee, attempted payment for 12 months, this time for 8 months cover. We demanded they compensate both dishonour fees...so far only recieved one. Accounts dept need to let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. They get one more chance.

George D.
George D.Victoria

Perfect for a retired couple living in regional Victoria

Great policy at highest level without pregnancy cover. Local eyewear outlet is excellent. Recent knee replacement covered without excess for surgeon. Has dental affiliates too. I recomme d this product highly.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

insurance ok private hospital In town is rubbish and and no other choice

It’s ok good there is a branch in town for us oldies otherwise it doesnt matter all Same or similar prices no one likes talking to a robot so that’s my waver

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Siew-Hoon
Siew-HoonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An expensive necessity

Compared to other policies, at last review , it appears as good as or better than others . I have been with GMHBA for approximately 40 years and have found my dealings better than satisfactory

creecy
creecySouthwest, VIC

We are happy

It is a local fund
The profits could/should keep our premiums lower

The phone system is slow ,which can be annoying, an update colin breed slow phone

Update on the net would be good

Denny
DennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great policy

Policy is good value for money
We have lodged claims and refund was speedy and easily lodged over the phone
Have been with this company for 2 years and have not had any worries

Shaw M
Shaw MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very good and useful support.

# We have been with GMHBA for nearly 8 years !
# We were assisted in setting up our policy by a broker and it has been very good value.
# All claims have been met very promptly and all queries answered efficiently.

Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Have always felt comfortable with it

Amember from the 1970's (IOOF-GMHBA) My family-Daughter's family loyal 50 yrs. Meant nothing.Daughter recently refused support-operation deemed not covered. Someone in ‘Authority’ could've shown compassion. It's about people Not money

Lynne
Lynne

Yes, GMHBA is very necessary.

Yes, I feel my policy is good value, it would surely have been easy to set up, I have been with GMHBA since I first started working, I have lodged claims over the years and they were resolved immediately,

Jan
JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

We have no problems at all with GMHBA. Continue the great service.

We have been able to put in claims for Dental, Optical and pharmacy receipts. All claims have been received with GMHBA with immediate results. We have been with GMHBA for 2 years and very happy with continued service.

Plan CoverageHospital and extras

Happy

We have no problems with GMHBA
All claims have been processed at hospital level. Had some out of pocket expenses
I like our policy as it covered us for everything but pregnancy.

Penelope
PenelopePerth, WA

Perfect for me & family

This policy is what we were looking for and unfortunately our previous fund was not as good. Claiming is easy rebates are excellent highly recommend to our friends and family

Trevor
TrevorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

We all need Hospital Benefits

I am about to go and see a specialist about my knee that has become very painful / arthritis over a number of years and I have been waiting for the stem cell research to be completed as I do not want a full knee construction, so I am hoping it is covered by GMHBA, as I have been a member for over 40 years.

Keith
KeithSouthwest, VIC

Geelong’s own, who does it very well!

Very happy with value, service and culture of the organisation. Always recommend. Very much part of Geelong community and supports many worthwhile endeavours. That’s all we really need to say.

jelborough
jelboroughSouthwest, VIC

very happy

My policy suits our needs and wants have been happy with enquires and excellent customer service regarding our claims I have a member of GMHBA my claims have had the same day turn around if not a phone call response has happened nearly all the time. I only have had an excellent experience with GMHBA

Not sure

Easy to use and good to use has been easy to make an offer have been with GMA for a few years with great results and for years to come

Bob
BobSouthwest, VIC

Great friendly detailed service provider

It is great value taking into account all the options & potential medical issues.
It only took days to resolve and payback the claim
I / my family have been members for 25 + Years

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Always extremely helpful and happy staff willing to help you with whatever your query is. Great

Do not have anything to say we are just very happy whenever I have to ring the staff are always extremely polite and helpful, never have any intention of going to i-select to find another private health care we will stick with the one that we have been with for many years actually we were originally members with Druids which GMHBA took over.

Andrew
AndrewWestern District, VIC

Am a Loyal Customer of GMHBA

I have been with GMHBA for 30 years and have always had great customer service, The policies are competitive and sometimes with Corporate Extras, Better refunds.Could not recommend highly enough !

Debra
DebraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I only have extras but as it’s top cover I am very pleased with my out of pocket expense

I have been a member for quite along time and don’t plan on leaving anytime soon so I will continue with this membership. If I find a better job with a good pay rate I would consider adding hospital

Lagb
LagbVictoria

No environmental commitment

While other health insurance companies are divesting away from the fossil fuel industry, GMHBA has made no such commitment. I will be changing to a different fund by April 1 if no environmental commitment is made by GMHBA