GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 3 of 10)

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (30)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (4)
Bruce W.
Bruce W.

Poor customer service

The GMHBA website had an issue whereby a member couldn't log in and this was an issue for over a month. Extremely poor customer service and no response to a telephone call and an email (sent over a month ago) asking for a comparison of the various levels of cover provided plus costs. Have subsequently changed providers for Private Health cover.

Macey
Macey

A very disappointing insurance.

I wasn't made aware of the waiting periods on dental check ups and xrays during the sale of the insurance.
I was hit with a massive bill and a decline on my health insurance card. I didn't even receive an apology from customer service. They weren't bothered in the slightest. I cancelled immediately and unfortunately was left massively out of pocket.

Cassandra
CassandraSydney, NSW

Great people benefits good but bumpy claims process and short staffed on phones and in claims note...

Great until you claim about hospital admission.....issues with item numbers
Issues charging excess where didn't apply not sure what happened....?
Great staff but multiple problems claiming - item numbers argued about with surgery
Claims Process not aligned with surgeon caused angst with parties involved
Maybe not enough technical staff for claims enquiries ?.dont know
Staff very professional esp [name removed] is amazing and [name removed] too.
But.... claims process via email very bumpy lots of swings and roundabouts but this and that....
Issues contacting with long wait times 10 day wait for claiming minimum 15-20min wait on phone. Great people. High premiums.

Troublemaker
Troublemaker

I don't do reviews but they are OK

Only doing this to stop the annoying pop-ups that keep appearing on my machine.
You want 30 words well here goes - ten nine eight seven six five four three two one.

RoseL
RoseL

Health Insurance is expensive and refunds are at best average.

I pay for Silver + Hospital which is top cover for seniors. For my recent hospitalisation I paid an excess ($250 being half of annual excess as I've had a previous admission this year). The GAP after Medicare and Health Fund refunds for my surgeon was more than half of the fee, and the GAP after refunds for my anaethetist was more than one third of the fee.
Health Insurance Premiums have increased markedly in recent years but despite paying more the refunds are growing expotentially. It is time the Health Funds lobbied the Government for changes that see premiums increasing less and refunds increasing more.
It is becoming less attractive for me to continue being insured when Public Hospital care is free!

Happy customer

Can't remember when I joined, but I am more than happy with my GMHBA membership - claims are always handled promptly. My only problem is following the on line claims system so have reverted to hard copy.

Very Happy

I feel I am getting good value and making claims is very easy.
Claims are paid into my bank and very quick to resolve
I have been with GMHBA for at least 15 years

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
caterina
caterinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly staff and efficient

Calling GMHBA is easy. Once you get through the friendly staff help with any enquiry . They explain , advise and give you the answers to your questions. I have been with another health insurance for nearly 28 years. Since I have joined with GMHBA I actually get more rebate back and actually understand what I'm covered for. Claims are easy to process with no fuss. At the moment I am very happy with GMHBA.

Great for us so far!!!

GMHBA has been our health insurance for over 20 years and we have been looked after well by this company. Claims are quick, easy and with no fuss. Hospital stays and other medical issues are taken care of and the staff are very caring and helpful.

Hot and Bothered
Hot and BotheredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Glad we switched

I am very impressed with the rebates we are receiving for extras compared to the ones we were getting from our old fund. I also love the system of sending a photo of receipts to claim- so quick and easy.

Always there for me

Had a few unexpected medical issues this year and GMHBA never faulted. Cant thank them enough. My bills were paid no questions asked. I have no regret for being part of a first class insurer.

Jacqui
JacquiPioneer Bay

Private healthh insurance is important to me.but it.is getting very expensive for people on the pension

Over a few years and I have never had a problem with claims l found gmhba very good when my husband was diagnosed with mind and I also found gmhba very caring

Stewart Liddell
Stewart LiddellGippsland, VIC

Have been behind us for many years.

We have been well served by our health fund over a period of approx 30 years. They have been there for us during some challenging times including current issues during the past few years.

GMHBA seems to be Made for Us

We are happy with our Health Fund because it meets our needs pretty well. We have kept ancilliaries cover particularly for Eye Health and Hearing issues and it has been excellent to date. We will not be changing Health Funds any time soon.
Ray and Jose Jones

Eileen Kennedy
Eileen KennedyWestern District, VIC

Premiums keep rising and services reducing.

I have only used my plan for doctor visits and diagnostic testing, although I have used the extras package quite a bit. Claims are managed well at this level of us.

Pointless surveys

Private health insurance is not good value but a necessity.Slowly but surely the benefits diminishes as the premiums increase. All companies make it easy to sign up so pointless question.Claims are handled efficiently.I think about 6 or 7 years

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Very good service so far

Have only been with you a short time but service at your Bendigo Office was very good. Have not lodged a claim to date as only recently joined in June this year.

Kenneth Pakes
Kenneth PakesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Have no complaints as service is 1st class

The policy is definitely good value, and did not take very long to arrangs.e
When I lodge a claim it is usually processed within a few days.
I have nbeen with GMHBa for many years

Stewart Rae
Stewart RaeSouthwest, VIC

A Pleasing Response.

Our claim was attended to immediately with a very nice cheerful lady.
We have been with GMHBA for approximately 47 years, so have been loyal customers! We feel our policy covers what we need, but would like more visits added to physio.

Good value yes
Did not take long at all was done through the private hospital and the attending medical surgeons.
Have been with the fund about 6 months now quiet happy with the change from H C F.

Liselotte Lindsay
Liselotte LindsayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Keep up the good work.

I believe that GMHBA provide good value for the premium you pay when compared to other health funds. I also believe in keeping locals in GEELONG in a job.

Keep up the good work.

Trevor
TrevorSouthwest, VIC

Things that could be better

Have been with GMHBA for many years but do find that it is one of the more expensive funds and often out of pocket quite a bit - even when using GMHBA Dental etc. No major concerns really but high membership costs should reduce out of pocket expenses.

Phillip Swifte
Phillip SwifteThe Mallee, VIC

How I have experienced GMHBA

Seems to be as good or better than competitors
Claims are paid within 24 hours
Phone enquiries are answered promptly
If answers not avail. immediately-they always phone back
Been a member since 1983-maybe under an older name.

Sue D
Sue DSouthwest, VIC

Fantastic staff and great advice

We have been insured with GMHBA for over 25 years and hope to only ever claim dental check up and ambulance cover, but when ever we have needed a bit more the cover has been great and the follow up to make sure we are happy with the cover has been more than we expected. All health cover seems expensive but I have no complaints about value for money from GMHBA

Rod Shepherd
Rod ShepherdGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service from GMHBA

GMHBA have by far the best call centre and provide accurate information regarding all aspects of their support and services covered by the policy. It would be very hard to move away from a team that provide this level of service.