GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 4 of 10)

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (30)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (4)
Bill Soong
Bill SoongGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly staff and refund claim service actioned promptly

Yes the policy is of good value and was easy to set up,
Our claims have been processed immediately and payment made into our bank account the next business day.
We have had the policy for 12 months (changed from another provider that we were with for 30 years)

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

I am extremely pleased to be a long time member of GMHBA.

I have always been treated with the up most respect & thoughtfulness in all my dealings with GMHBA,
& due to my previous health issues I have found by being a member of GMHBA much less stress & anxiety in paying Specialists, & Hospital Stays.

John Maroniti
John MaronitiWestern District, VIC

Overall good cover

Policy is good value for us. It was easy to set up and we have received good support at our local branch, as well as over the phone to main office. Claims have been very quick also.
I'm not sure, but I think we have been with GMHBA for over ten years.

MAFSouthwest, VIC

Refund transaction

As usual, the staff member was friendly and prompt in servicing my refund claim transaction. All was promptly and efficiently handled in about 5 minutes. I did not have to wait as there was a vacant officer who greeted me as I entered.

Yes, I wrote this review, Peter Ferguson

Pleasant surprise

This year for the first time I made a claim on my hospital insurance. I knew that there was money from the now discontinued rewards program to put towards the excess but was very pleasantly surprised to be sent a refund, also from the rewards program - without any paperwork or fuss - for the excess on the anaesthetist's bill and a pathology bill.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Been GMHBA members for years, have never had a problem with our claims, so we very happy with the service, direct debit, and recently used the optical service for my new glasses

Lilly Revels
Lilly RevelsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Private Health Insurance

I only started up in February 2019 so I will not be eligible to make a claim until February 2020. I live in Melbourne however I am moving interstate to Perth where I will be utilising my private health insurance.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Ronald Pentland
Ronald PentlandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Recent dealings with GMHBA have been excellent

I think this is my 4th or 5th year with GMHBA I was recommended to them by my relative
My claims have been settled with no hassles, but due to Government cuts Doctors extra charges are making it harder to find the finance

Satisfied with previous contacts

Policy was obtained from a take over from the Druids Lodge
Detail posted back within a few days, polite phone handling when information required.
Since takeover form Druids Hospital benefits-approx. 20 years

Graeme W
Graeme WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I'm Staying

My hospital insurance has been with GMHBA for several years now. I have always found the staff to be helpful. As they are one of the few mutual funds remaining in Australia, I will be staying.

brooklans
brooklansGrovedale

Outstanding service, great value

I should have moved to gmhba a long time ago. The staff are terrific sought to know my needs and packaged accordingly no problems with refunding processes ease of access to the office

Peter L
Peter LPerth, WA

No intention to switch funds.

Have been with GMHBA for many years. Don't know for how long. We are very happy with the benefits and service GMHBA provides. Have had many and varied claims including major hospital and there have never been any issues.

Right for me

My policy has suited my needs over the last decade,with minor changes along the way as per discussion and advice from very friendly/helpful staff at the Bendigo office.I anticipate staying with GMHBA in the foreseeable future

Terrence Gilbert
Terrence GilbertMurray Region, NSW

Simple to deal with

I have been a member for well over 10 years now ans suffered my fair share of illness requiring surgery and hospital stays, coverage has never been an issue with them and all bills paid without question

Jane Hattwell
Jane HattwellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I like gmhba

Gmhba is valuable and they respond quickly on the phone when I have a question. We got a fair amount back for my daughters braces and I like being able to pay monthly

Donte
DonteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No surprises.

We have been with GMHBA for a long, long time. Always had top hospital and top extras. Recent years we have had a few health issues that go with age and they resulted in 4 major surgeries and many specialists visits. Everything was explained and made easy to understand by GMHBA. Very quick refunds.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Good but could be better!

Overall my policy is really good but I encountered problems with some stuff that every other health insurance covers and GMHBA won't cover a single dime for (example: sleep apnea machine). Also, I struggle to know my limits because they had "a problem in their system" for over a year now.

Adrian G.
Adrian G.Southwest, VIC

Improved Dental Benefits for all.

Michael Fitz-Gerald
Michael Fitz-GeraldGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great service

It's great value for our family. so easy to use, fast process for claim. It is so easy to set up.
We lodged a claim via gmhab app, it only took 2 days to get our claim. most time is instant money back from the clinics.
We have been with GMHBA for almost 40 years. will not leave without this insurance.

excellent

been with GMHBA 15 years and others since 1965. Originally found to be cheaper than others. Have received excellent service particularly in the last 7 years with much illness and never a complaint from the fund and have had comment to the effect that it is at the top of the list for looking after the members.

Deb Fowkes
Deb FowkesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't live without you

Whenever l call up a real people actually answer, they are extremely helpful and always make sure you are happy with their response. Claims are made really easy. Good value for money

Marilyn Corbett
Marilyn CorbettWestern Australia

Always Very Helpful

I Have been with GMHBA for many, many years and am and always have been very happy with the service. At the Optometrist and dentist the receptionists are often surprised at the amount of rebate I receive which is a good sign. When ever I have a query it is always answered most efficiently.

Kate P
Kate PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really good extras benefits.

Have been with GMHBA for many years and no complaints at all. Have always found them easy to deal with and whenever I make a claim anywhere, the payees always comment on how good my benefits are compared to their other clients.

Jennifer Singe
Jennifer SingeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

most helpful

No policy is good value anymore! there is always too much gap for the person who actually pays for health insurance
the claims are quick and painless
probably more than a decade, I am not specifically sure
how long I have been with GMHBA

Shane oliver
Shane oliverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most dishonest and thieving insurer.

I have been with GMHBA for the past 11 years, recently their benefits started to reduce and the premium started to go up, steeply. As a result, I have called them to cancel the membership on a specific date, a date prior to the next premium is due. As, I have paid upto that month. But only to receive an email the day after the call, that the insurance has been canceled on that day. But, refused refund the money for 20 odd days or so, which I have paid in advance.