GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 4 of 9)

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (25)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (4)
Peter L
Peter LPerth, WA

No intention to switch funds.

Have been with GMHBA for many years. Don't know for how long. We are very happy with the benefits and service GMHBA provides. Have had many and varied claims including major hospital and there have never been any issues.

Right for me

My policy has suited my needs over the last decade,with minor changes along the way as per discussion and advice from very friendly/helpful staff at the Bendigo office.I anticipate staying with GMHBA in the foreseeable future

Terrence Gilbert
Terrence GilbertMurray Region, NSW

Simple to deal with

I have been a member for well over 10 years now ans suffered my fair share of illness requiring surgery and hospital stays, coverage has never been an issue with them and all bills paid without question

Jane Hattwell
Jane HattwellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I like gmhba

Gmhba is valuable and they respond quickly on the phone when I have a question. We got a fair amount back for my daughters braces and I like being able to pay monthly

Donte
DonteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No surprises.

We have been with GMHBA for a long, long time. Always had top hospital and top extras. Recent years we have had a few health issues that go with age and they resulted in 4 major surgeries and many specialists visits. Everything was explained and made easy to understand by GMHBA. Very quick refunds.

Michael Fitz-Gerald
Michael Fitz-GeraldGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great service

It's great value for our family. so easy to use, fast process for claim. It is so easy to set up.
We lodged a claim via gmhab app, it only took 2 days to get our claim. most time is instant money back from the clinics.
We have been with GMHBA for almost 40 years. will not leave without this insurance.

excellent

been with GMHBA 15 years and others since 1965. Originally found to be cheaper than others. Have received excellent service particularly in the last 7 years with much illness and never a complaint from the fund and have had comment to the effect that it is at the top of the list for looking after the members.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Deb Fowkes
Deb FowkesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't live without you

Whenever l call up a real people actually answer, they are extremely helpful and always make sure you are happy with their response. Claims are made really easy. Good value for money

Marilyn Corbett
Marilyn CorbettWestern Australia

Always Very Helpful

I Have been with GMHBA for many, many years and am and always have been very happy with the service. At the Optometrist and dentist the receptionists are often surprised at the amount of rebate I receive which is a good sign. When ever I have a query it is always answered most efficiently.

Kate P
Kate PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really good extras benefits.

Have been with GMHBA for many years and no complaints at all. Have always found them easy to deal with and whenever I make a claim anywhere, the payees always comment on how good my benefits are compared to their other clients.

Jennifer Singe
Jennifer SingeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

most helpful

No policy is good value anymore! there is always too much gap for the person who actually pays for health insurance
the claims are quick and painless
probably more than a decade, I am not specifically sure
how long I have been with GMHBA

Shane oliver
Shane oliverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most dishonest and thieving insurer.

I have been with GMHBA for the past 11 years, recently their benefits started to reduce and the premium started to go up, steeply. As a result, I have called them to cancel the membership on a specific date, a date prior to the next premium is due. As, I have paid upto that month. But only to receive an email the day after the call, that the insurance has been canceled on that day. But, refused refund the money for 20 odd days or so, which I have paid in advance.

Find out how GMHBA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Unable to sympathise to a pts need even after giving incorrect information

Ms Middleton
Ms MiddletonWestern Australia

most pathetic, unhelpful, unworkable insurance company

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Worst insurance and very rude customer care

I don't think this insurance is worth looking at, first they don't keep their word, secondly the customer care is rude and doesn't know anything about their product and pull gov policies from answering the questions. I requested to close the policy so they offered me new cheaper policy with reduced benefits but still charging the same, secondly when i ask why they are doing like that, they give me some gov policies things which no one mentioned any time in any form of communication. Why do we need medical insurance for just this extra headache? Worst provider, please beware of them...

Anna
AnnaPerth

BEWARE of their random audits!!!

We have been with them for approx 5 years and have had good service until recently. Beware of their random audits. We were recently asked to provide around 40 receipts dating back 2 years ago. The audit team are also fairly accusatory. I think they use their "random" audits to try to annoy customers so they leave. They might try to use it to get rid of customers they don't want anymore.

Kim Testa
Kim Testa

Be very Wary

We were lured to this Fund with the promise that we would have continued cover when we changed funds. This was not the case. Be very wary when joining this Fund. Needless to say we went back to HCF

Hannah
HannahSydney, NSW

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

The guy I spoke to from GMHBA was rude and I felt like I was asking stupid questions about claims. And it's not stated in their policy that all their accredited dental clinics are only in Melbourne. My family lives in Sydney.

So easy customer service

12 months but been in touch twice needing help, got nothing but great customer service and would recommend others to look at it

Insurance claim madeNo

Mike
MikeKadina SA

Matching experience between large multi nation and local members' companies to which we have been cl

I have not been able to detect the difference between a large Multi National company and GMHBA Health Insurance when making a claim. We are certainly better off, overall financially, since changing companies.

Stuart
StuartLangwarrin

Excellent Customer Service

3 years, During my time with this company it has been a pleasure to talk with real people if I have any questions .

Wonderful staff:

Have only been with GMHBA for one year, however was with BUPA over 30 years. Have been paying private cover for 55 years...….give me GMHBA any day. Your customer service is wonderful, We are very happy with your company.

Insurance claim madeNo

Dorothy  Ann Irving
Dorothy Ann IrvingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No problems at all!

I changed to this company from an 'all for profit and to hell with the members' one. I cannot be happier with GMHBA, I had been with them for just under a year and had a nasty accident. They met all the hospital and associated
expenses.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Very happy but know no other

My wife and I signed up when we were married so that makes 63 years of membership.Before that I was covered by my parents policy.We have raised three children and have made many claims over the years and found GMHBA to have been very reliable and helpful.Have no intention of ever changing !

Johnny Mac
Johnny Mac

GMHBA support in time of need

Over the prior 4 or 5 years I have endured several major health issues an the help provided by GMHBA has been excellent