GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 3 of 13)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (25)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (2)
Keith
KeithSouthwest, VIC

Geelong’s own, who does it very well!

Very happy with value, service and culture of the organisation. Always recommend. Very much part of Geelong community and supports many worthwhile endeavours. That’s all we really need to say.

jelborough
jelboroughSouthwest, VIC

very happy

My policy suits our needs and wants have been happy with enquires and excellent customer service regarding our claims I have a member of GMHBA my claims have had the same day turn around if not a phone call response has happened nearly all the time. I only have had an excellent experience with GMHBA

Not sure

Easy to use and good to use has been easy to make an offer have been with GMA for a few years with great results and for years to come

Bob
BobSouthwest, VIC

Great friendly detailed service provider

It is great value taking into account all the options & potential medical issues.
It only took days to resolve and payback the claim
I / my family have been members for 25 + Years

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Always extremely helpful and happy staff willing to help you with whatever your query is. Great

Do not have anything to say we are just very happy whenever I have to ring the staff are always extremely polite and helpful, never have any intention of going to i-select to find another private health care we will stick with the one that we have been with for many years actually we were originally members with Druids which GMHBA took over.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Andrew
AndrewWestern District, VIC

Am a Loyal Customer of GMHBA

I have been with GMHBA for 30 years and have always had great customer service, The policies are competitive and sometimes with Corporate Extras, Better refunds.Could not recommend highly enough !

Debra
DebraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I only have extras but as it’s top cover I am very pleased with my out of pocket expense

I have been a member for quite along time and don’t plan on leaving anytime soon so I will continue with this membership. If I find a better job with a good pay rate I would consider adding hospital

Bruce W.
Bruce W.

Poor customer service

The GMHBA website had an issue whereby a member couldn't log in and this was an issue for over a month. Extremely poor customer service and no response to a telephone call and an email (sent over a month ago) asking for a comparison of the various levels of cover provided plus costs. Have subsequently changed providers for Private Health cover.

Macey
Macey

A very disappointing insurance.

I wasn't made aware of the waiting periods on dental check ups and xrays during the sale of the insurance.
I was hit with a massive bill and a decline on my health insurance card. I didn't even receive an apology from customer service. They weren't bothered in the slightest. I cancelled immediately and unfortunately was left massively out of pocket.

Cassandra
CassandraSydney, NSW

Great people benefits good but bumpy claims process and short staffed on phones and in claims note...

Great until you claim about hospital admission.....issues with item numbers
Issues charging excess where didn't apply not sure what happened....?
Great staff but multiple problems claiming - item numbers argued about with surgery
Claims Process not aligned with surgeon caused angst with parties involved
Maybe not enough technical staff for claims enquiries ?.dont know
Staff very professional esp [name removed] is amazing and [name removed] too.
But.... claims process via email very bumpy lots of swings and roundabouts but this and that....
Issues contacting with long wait times 10 day wait for claiming minimum 15-20min wait on phone. Great people. High premiums.

Troublemaker
Troublemaker

I don't do reviews but they are OK

Only doing this to stop the annoying pop-ups that keep appearing on my machine.
You want 30 words well here goes - ten nine eight seven six five four three two one.

Happy customer

Can't remember when I joined, but I am more than happy with my GMHBA membership - claims are always handled promptly. My only problem is following the on line claims system so have reverted to hard copy.

Very Happy

I feel I am getting good value and making claims is very easy.
Claims are paid into my bank and very quick to resolve
I have been with GMHBA for at least 15 years

caterina
caterinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly staff and efficient

Calling GMHBA is easy. Once you get through the friendly staff help with any enquiry . They explain , advise and give you the answers to your questions. I have been with another health insurance for nearly 28 years. Since I have joined with GMHBA I actually get more rebate back and actually understand what I'm covered for. Claims are easy to process with no fuss. At the moment I am very happy with GMHBA.

Great for us so far!!!

GMHBA has been our health insurance for over 20 years and we have been looked after well by this company. Claims are quick, easy and with no fuss. Hospital stays and other medical issues are taken care of and the staff are very caring and helpful.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke
Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann
Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions