GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 3 of 3)

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

• Claim ApprovedYes (73) · No
Rod Shepherd
Rod ShepherdGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service from GMHBA

GMHBA have by far the best call centre and provide accurate information regarding all aspects of their support and services covered by the policy. It would be very hard to move away from a team that provide this level of service.

Bill Soong
Bill SoongGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly staff and refund claim service actioned promptly

Yes the policy is of good value and was easy to set up,
Our claims have been processed immediately and payment made into our bank account the next business day.
We have had the policy for 12 months (changed from another provider that we were with for 30 years)

MAFSouthwest, VIC

Refund transaction

As usual, the staff member was friendly and prompt in servicing my refund claim transaction. All was promptly and efficiently handled in about 5 minutes. I did not have to wait as there was a vacant officer who greeted me as I entered.

Yes, I wrote this review, Peter Ferguson

Pleasant surprise

This year for the first time I made a claim on my hospital insurance. I knew that there was money from the now discontinued rewards program to put towards the excess but was very pleasantly surprised to be sent a refund, also from the rewards program - without any paperwork or fuss - for the excess on the anaesthetist's bill and a pathology bill.

Kel
KelSouthwest, VIC

Happy customer

Lodged a claim customer service in Geelong was ringing me to update where claim was as I was waiting for hospital to lodge paperwork

The only issue I have is I have 2 member numbers one being extras with family and one being hospital on my own, Ive registered the extras online with my email address not realising that I cannot register my hospital membership online using the same email address. Im not going to create a new email address purely for hospital membership online but thought you should know as it would be good to have this option online for me to check progress of claims rather than ringing up all the time

GMHBA Performance

Positive on all counts. Very friendly member interface. Clearly respected by hospitals and throughout the industry. Outstanding interest in members' general health maintenance and life style.
20 years plus with GMHBA.

Ronald Pentland
Ronald PentlandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Recent dealings with GMHBA have been excellent

I think this is my 4th or 5th year with GMHBA I was recommended to them by my relative
My claims have been settled with no hassles, but due to Government cuts Doctors extra charges are making it harder to find the finance

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Graeme W
Graeme WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I'm Staying

My hospital insurance has been with GMHBA for several years now. I have always found the staff to be helpful. As they are one of the few mutual funds remaining in Australia, I will be staying.

Hayden McKellar
Hayden McKellarWestern District, VIC

Health Insurance - Life's expensive necessity

What the hospital cover was not really a good fit for our needs but it was all we were able to afford on a pension, so had to drop after over 40 years of coverage. The extras policy assists in meetings the costs of we need but sometimes the gap amount calls into question of money-for-value of the policy.

brooklans
brooklansGrovedale

Outstanding service, great value

I should have moved to gmhba a long time ago. The staff are terrific sought to know my needs and packaged accordingly no problems with refunding processes ease of access to the office

Peter L
Peter LPerth, WA

No intention to switch funds.

Have been with GMHBA for many years. Don't know for how long. We are very happy with the benefits and service GMHBA provides. Have had many and varied claims including major hospital and there have never been any issues.

Terrence Gilbert
Terrence GilbertMurray Region, NSW

Simple to deal with

I have been a member for well over 10 years now ans suffered my fair share of illness requiring surgery and hospital stays, coverage has never been an issue with them and all bills paid without question

Val
ValSouthwest, VIC

Dental Benefits are not enough

So far the medical side of my policy has been very good but I am considering if I need to have Extras cover.
The rebate on my dental bills have been really poor, even though they were supposed to be increased in the new policies.

Jane Hattwell
Jane HattwellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I like gmhba

Gmhba is valuable and they respond quickly on the phone when I have a question. We got a fair amount back for my daughters braces and I like being able to pay monthly

Donte
DonteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No surprises.

We have been with GMHBA for a long, long time. Always had top hospital and top extras. Recent years we have had a few health issues that go with age and they resulted in 4 major surgeries and many specialists visits. Everything was explained and made easy to understand by GMHBA. Very quick refunds.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Good but could be better!

Overall my policy is really good but I encountered problems with some stuff that every other health insurance covers and GMHBA won't cover a single dime for (example: sleep apnea machine). Also, I struggle to know my limits because they had "a problem in their system" for over a year now.

Michael Fitz-Gerald
Michael Fitz-GeraldGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great service

It's great value for our family. so easy to use, fast process for claim. It is so easy to set up.
We lodged a claim via gmhab app, it only took 2 days to get our claim. most time is instant money back from the clinics.
We have been with GMHBA for almost 40 years. will not leave without this insurance.

excellent

been with GMHBA 15 years and others since 1965. Originally found to be cheaper than others. Have received excellent service particularly in the last 7 years with much illness and never a complaint from the fund and have had comment to the effect that it is at the top of the list for looking after the members.

Janine O'Callaghan
Janine O'CallaghanMurray Region, NSW

Long time

That long ago when I set it up I can not remember.
Not that long now all on line
I can not remember how long I have been with GMHBA - well before online claims as I had to travel to Bendigo to do my claims.

Deb Fowkes
Deb FowkesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't live without you

Whenever l call up a real people actually answer, they are extremely helpful and always make sure you are happy with their response. Claims are made really easy. Good value for money

Kate P
Kate PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really good extras benefits.

Have been with GMHBA for many years and no complaints at all. Have always found them easy to deal with and whenever I make a claim anywhere, the payees always comment on how good my benefits are compared to their other clients.

Jennifer Singe
Jennifer SingeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

most helpful

No policy is good value anymore! there is always too much gap for the person who actually pays for health insurance
the claims are quick and painless
probably more than a decade, I am not specifically sure
how long I have been with GMHBA

Anonymous762
Anonymous762Victoria

Good Insurance Provider, in my experience.

This review is my honest opinion. I felt that the service was good value for money. I am glad that I went with them, as an insurance company. I made a hospital claim, and it went through successfully . My parents employed them for my dental health, (extras), with great satisfaction, when I was a child. I have received excellent customer service on the phone and excellent customer service in person at the office, so far. I have been with them for roughly twenty four years.

* GMHBA have a well organised and attractive office in Geelong.

* GMHBA's pamphlets easily available in their office to inform you of your policy details.

* I love the fact that GMHBA is not for profit. This means more money goes to the members.

Insurance claim madeYes