GMHBA Health Insurance

2.3
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (2)
Cassandra
CassandraSydney, NSW

Great people benefits good but bumpy claims process and short staffed on phones and in claims note...

Great until you claim about hospital admission.....issues with item numbers
Issues charging excess where didn't apply not sure what happened....?
Great staff but multiple problems claiming - item numbers argued about with surgery
Claims Process not aligned with surgeon caused angst with parties involved
Maybe not enough technical staff for claims enquiries ?.dont know
Staff very professional esp [name removed] is amazing and [name removed] too.
But.... claims process via email very bumpy lots of swings and roundabouts but this and that....
Issues contacting with long wait times 10 day wait for claiming minimum 15-20min wait on phone. Great people. High premiums.

Claim Made Yes
Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Coverage TypeFamily
Under 30No
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Extremely happy with gmhba and their quick service and very good rates

Have been with gmhba since 2007 and always been very impressed with quick payments to my account and also very happy when I ring them and get great service.

October 2nd 2019 Update: Great service, and quick results

Im about to lodge a claim, having cataracts done so will let you know how quickly its resolved. Am having the first one done o nov 4 and the second one done on dec 2 so will claim early December

Claim Made Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2014
Claim ApprovedNo

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke
Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann
Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions